Just run me through this: Candlelight

Ohhh kay. I'm probalby going to end up at Disneyland tomorrow, just for my own enjoyment, and I know it's one of the candlelight nights. So:
    1. Two shows, yes. But how is it if you're a general parkgoer? Is it solely for the ticketed crowd?
    2. Where is viewing?
    3. Just HOW many people should I expect to be at the park AND for how long?
    4. Umm... anything else??

GO!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Just run me through this: Candlelight

I'll take a shot at this...

1 & 2) It's MOSTLY for the ticketed crowd because viewing is extremely limited. If you're not one of the seated guests, you might be able to squeek a view from in front of City Hall or over by the Hat shop on the other side, but the CM's are pretty militant about keeping the crowd moving. I'm really not sure where the legal places are for you to watch from, but wherever they might be, they are few in number. If you sit on mainstreet, you'll see and hear the carolers walk by and hear the show, but the tree pretty much obscures viewing from mainstreet. Again, I think there are some corners by the Firestation or over by the opera house where you might be allowed to stand, but I'm not sure where those roped off locations are.

3) I'm going to go out on a limb and say upwards of 40,000 and pretty much late afternoon til midnight it should be a madhouse. I could be wrong, but that's four out of five years that I attended back in the 90's.

4) Parking could be in limited supply and they could stop admitting guests during the afternoon hours if the crowd is too large. Other than that, I hear DCA is lovely this time of year.

• Minion

I went last year as a ticketed guest to the Sun(last show) After all of us who had tickets were seated, they were letting general park guests in. But, that could have been for last yr... I would suggest hanging around the roped seated area near city hall (that is where they let ppl in who were standing)

• The Fantasyland guy

there are plenty of standing room only free viewing areas by city hall, and by the opera house. I would almost say that they have more room set aside for the free guests, although the angles are just not right unless you paid.

• no flash photography...

it's a crazy madhouse around the event. Mom stop screaminf CM's and sardine can like crowds. With the monotail down I feel sorry for anyone trying to leave or enter the park while that mess is going on.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

If you are wanting to watch the show, be prepared to stand for a few hours while you wait.
    A signature should go here.