Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 12/1: Winter Snowglobe!, Midway Mania, Tomorrowland, More merch, +MORE!

A quick update

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    Candlelight happened tonight, and again tomorrow. Here's a look at the stage as it was set up for the event:

A ladder was out in front of the castle yesterday:

SNOWGLOBE!
    At the end of Main Street, a the snowman from the holiday at Disneyland commercials is in front of the Castle in his very own new snowglobe:

Interestingly, the back of the snowglobe is open to any kid who wants to join the snowman and his critter friends... Honestly, you can literally climb right in if you didn't want to get kicked out of the park.

He's a neat little new addition

HAPPIEST TURKEYS ON EARTH

A CRITTER COUNTRY CHRISTMAS
    Big garlands have been strung through the sky in Critter Country, held up by balloons! Pretty neat!

And even Splash Mountain got into the act:

MATTERHORN TESTING
    The Matterhorn was testing again on Friday... I didn't get any shots of the bobsleds running, cause I caught it after the testing did its last lap, but CMs were out...

This waterfall magically starts not at the top of the fall, but half-way down... Magical!

TOMORROWLAND CONSTRUCTION
    Spotted something up on the Peoplemover track... are they going to be re-painting the railing?

Monorail work continues, and its gotta hurry - its got less than 15 days before it re-opens, and theres a lot that still needs to be done...

Nemo queue rocks:

New banana trees have been planted over at Star Tours... they don't look too healthy..

MIDWAY MANIA

WHERE YOU CAN BUY A SHIRT OR A MUG...
    I like how this Haunted Mansion mug has a photo of the Mansion with the "hidden 50" spider web on it:

Old news, but the Wonderland CD kiosks at 20th Century Music have been removed. I'm not sure you can really get much music here at all anymore... Weird.

DISNEYLAND HAS NOW ENDED ITS NORMAL OPERATING DAY...
    Allllllright... That's all!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 12-02-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/1: Winter Snowglobe!, Midway Mania, Tomorrowland, More merch, +MO

Great pix, thanks!

But, no Midway Mania pictures?

...Joe...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/1: Winter Snowglobe!, Midway Mania, Tomorrowland, More merch, +MO

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Great pix, thanks!

But, no Midway Mania pictures?

...Joe...
    Sorry - I forgot them at fisrt... but just added them in

| | |

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Sorry - I forgot them at fisrt... but just added them in
    WooHoo! Thanks!!! It's so amazing how much more different that area looks now. I still can't believe how much demolition they've done to the buildings. I thought, just like some other posters, they were going to gut the inside and just redo the outside. I guess that just shows ya how much power this project has behind it! I love the pix with the "Save -->" stuff on 'em.

Thanks again!

...Joe...

• Sock Puppet

Wow tomorrowland is a mess!

• Banned User

Awesome update! More, more, more!

Is Midway Mania a new land going to be added inside DCA?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

TL isnt that bad just the sub lagoon area is bad. lol

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Awesome update! More, more, more!

Is Midway Mania a new land going to be added inside DCA?
    No, Midway Mania is a new darkride being added to Paradise Pier. Hence, the "midway" theme.

| | |

• For You!

Thanks for the pictures.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Still lost in Neverland

I wonder why they don't have the big globe all running with snow inside. The big blow up ones for home use do it, heck there is one that even has an operating carrousel inside going round and round plus the snow. Seems simple enough to me, but they should close up that back door. Too tempting to small kids. And some adults.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Popular Princess

great pics, thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I wonder why they don't have the big globe all running with snow inside. The big blow up ones for home use do it, heck there is one that even has an operating carrousel inside going round and round plus the snow. Seems simple enough to me, but they should close up that back door. Too tempting to small kids. And some adults.
    Yeah, I wondered why there wasn't snow blowing in it as well. Instead, they have barely-noticeable shiny silver snowflakes on strings.

Its no biggie, the snowglobe is still a nice touch. I really like it.

And yes, that back door being wide-open is risky business.

| | |

• Minion

Two things to say...

Is anyone else excited for two weeks from now when the Monorail reopens? I mean, how long has it been now, that we've craned our necks and peeked through cracks from the Autopia, Innoventions, and the paths bordering, to get glimpses of the sub lagoon progress? Once we walk up those new steps to the (oh-so-slightly) modified, repainted monoral station, we'll get those prime shots back, through those semicircular-cut holes in the tarp hiding the madness below. Can't wait.

Oh, and it will be nice having the abominable snowman back open for business, too.

Awhile ago I saw that the Wonderland CD kiosks have been removed. I'm really bummed about that because the 20th Century Music shop has always been my favorite on Main Street - maybe the whole park. Again, I'm a big music buff when it comes to Disney. MG, I believe you can still buy CDs at the shop, although the "Disk on Demand" is no more. Last I saw, the selection is reduced to the wall to the right of the picture you took of where the kiosks used to be, and it's mostly "Disney Mania-ish" stuff.

So let's say there's a track on the new Official Album CD I'm interested in (won't say what, but... ) but I want to hear a sample of it before I buy it. Will I be told "Too bad" in a polite sort of way by a smiling cast member, in that case? Now that the kiosks are gone, I have no way of knowing if the music on the CDs is really what I want to purchase.

I suppose I'll just have to do some online research...although I'm pretty sure the most recent Official Album is too new to find on the Internet just now.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Thank God my youngest didn't notice the back of the snowglobe being open
    Thanks for the pictures! They're great as always

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Two things to say...

Is anyone else excited for two weeks from now when the Monorail reopens? I mean, how long has it been now, that we've craned our necks and peeked through cracks from the Autopia, Innoventions, and the paths bordering, to get glimpses of the sub lagoon progress? Once we walk up those new steps to the (oh-so-slightly) modified, repainted monoral station, we'll get those prime shots back, through those semicircular-cut holes in the tarp hiding the madness below. Can't wait.

Oh, and it will be nice having the abominable snowman back open for business, too.

Awhile ago I saw that the Wonderland CD kiosks have been removed. I'm really bummed about that because the 20th Century Music shop has always been my favorite on Main Street - maybe the whole park. Again, I'm a big music buff when it comes to Disney. MG, I believe you can still buy CDs at the shop, although the "Disk on Demand" is no more. Last I saw, the selection is reduced to the wall to the right of the picture you took of where the kiosks used to be, and it's mostly "Disney Mania-ish" stuff.

So let's say there's a track on the new Official Album CD I'm interested in (won't say what, but... ) but I want to hear a sample of it before I buy it. Will I be told "Too bad" in a polite sort of way by a smiling cast member, in that case? Now that the kiosks are gone, I have no way of knowing if the music on the CDs is really what I want to purchase.

I suppose I'll just have to do some online research...although I'm pretty sure the most recent Official Album is too new to find on the Internet just now.
    Oh, I know music is still available in the shop, but its called 20th Century Music, and for the most part the store carries lots of books. Some good books, some kiddy sound-byte read-along books, some Jack Sparrow comics.. and DVDs.

In what is supposed to be a music shop, the music selection is very weak.

And yes, I'm very excited about the re-opening of the Monorail and Matterhorn! Can't wait for the Sub Lagoon views!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Thank God my youngest didn't notice the back of the snowglobe being open
    Thanks for the pictures! They're great as always
    hahaha. I'm waiting to see a kid climb in there. I was tempted to climb in there... But Disneyland jail is one backstage area I don't really care to see.

| | |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast