Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouimetland

• That's Hawt

Ouimetland

I have created a Cafepress store for all of those who are interested in all of that snazzy Ouimetland swag! Enjoy everybody!

http://www.cafepress.com/ouimetland

Mods - please let me know if there is any issue with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Coolio! Ouimet's my hero!!

Thanks for the linky and cool swag!!

--Jonathan

• Circle of Ancients

I just find it hilarious that Matt is being praised, even deified for doing his job.

I wonder if the previous regime hadn't been so bad if Matt would still be getting all of this praise.

Nothing against Matt, I'm sure he's a great guy, and I agree he has done some great things, but it's still too early to tell if this is just a show for the 50th or if good changes will be around to stay.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I just find it hilarious that Matt is being praised, even deified for doing his job.

I wonder if the previous regime hadn't been so bad if Matt would still be getting all of this praise.

Nothing against Matt, I'm sure he's a great guy, and I agree he has done some great things, but it's still too early to tell if this is just a show for the 50th or if good changes will be around to stay.
    I'm sorry, but for me, Matt is the closest thing I have seen to Walt because all I have known are Pressler and Harris ... I am not trying to deify him, I am just trying to show my support.

-Daniel
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Padawan

Hellooo!! That's the whole point... DL needed rescuing! And he's done a superb job. But of course we Disneyphiles are a finicky bunch... we can turn on him in an instant if he starts screwing up!
    --Jonathan

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    Hellooo!! That's the whole point... DL needed rescuing! And he's done a superb job. But of course we Disneyphiles are a finicky bunch... we can turn on him in an instant if he starts screwing up!
    Yup ... Isn't that part of the fun!

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Those are great!!! I wasn't sure what i was going to think, but great job! Totally over the top.

I'd love to know what CM Matt thinks. If I get one of these (and I plan to) my mission will be to have Matt sign it!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Those are great!!! I wasn't sure what i was going to think, but great job! Totally over the top.

I'd love to know what CM Matt thinks. If I get one of these (and I plan to) my mission will be to have Matt sign it!
    While you do get him to sign something for me too. Like my new hire paperwork.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    While you do get him to sign something for me too. Like my new hire paperwork.
    Nice!

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Honestly, I bet he wouldn't be that into it. While I'm sure he's flattered... it does after all take away from DISNEYland and the logo would have people wondering WtF?? Especially in the parks. I think his frame of mind is, it's really all about Disneyland, and not himself.

I'm sure he'd be happier if we thanked him in a much less publicly visible way!!

But I think they are hilarous and I'm wearing one to the 50th!!

--Jonathan

• That's Hawt

Yeah, im just happy to have one ... if I ever get to any meets I will be the one with the Ouimetland T and MiceChat pin!!!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Plus, like I've said before, I think most of what Matt is doing is begging higher-ups for money.

I bet all these theming and maintenance enhancements are Greg Emmer's work, since Matt isn't really a theme park guy and Greg's been a CM since way back when. Although Matt's a bright guy, I don't think he'd really know the whole Tomorrowland legacy enough to make all the nostalgic changes that have being going on there lately.

I think it's a matter of the new team at Disneyland coming in and going to management and pointing out how much of their revenue comes from the theme parks and that with the 50th Anniversary coming, they have a chance to put Disney center stage, that they'd better invest some money back into the parks to keep that revenue flowing.

I think it's over the top, but I do appreciate that they have gotten positive changes done very quickly.

• The one, the only...

I do not understand why some people are so slow to praise and quick to criticize. While I have to say that I was one of the ones who condemned Pressler and Harris, I am also going to freely praise Matt. He deserves it. Although some are questioning his intimate involvement in all the improvements in DL over the last year, I think it is his VISION that is key here. Without a vision of what DL could be, no true progress can be made. He also has produced results. Vision controls the outcome. Pressler's vision was a cheap shopping mall. He almost achieved it. Matt's vision looks to be a truly world renown amusement park. I will not hesitate to applaud him.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Circle of Ancients

I never criticized. I think Matt's doing a good job. It's just WAY over the top, and I'm sure Matt would agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast