In need of repair......

Has anyone else also seen how bad of shape Chip and Dale's treehouse is in? Most of the big leafs are rotted and falling off, in person it looks pretty bad.

• Special Agent

Re: In need of repair......

Haven't seen it. Mostly I've been really impressed with the level of quality in Disneyland as of late. On my last trip to DCA a couple weeks ago, I couldn't believe how many lights in Paradise Pier were burned out, missing, or just hanging on by a wire.

I guess you just can't get everything perfect all of the time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Chip and Dale's Treehouse is lower on the priority list than alot of things at Disney, for both maintenance and the average guest.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    Has anyone else also seen how bad of shape Chip and Dale's treehouse is in? Most of the big leafs are rotted and falling off, in person it looks pretty bad.
    They also had to take some things off due to lawsuits.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• 88 mph

What happened to the ball pit?
    Surely someone couldn't file a lawsuit against that. Or else, theyd be millionaires going to each McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    What happened to the ball pit?
    Surely someone couldn't file a lawsuit against that. Or else, theyd be millionaires going to each McDonalds.
    As someone who used to clean and maintain ballpits (not at Disneyland), I assure you they are hardly worth the trouble.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• AFI And MCR Fanatic

The ball pits are extremily unsanitary, that's why they are gone.

Guests do see how the treehouse looks, I don't think the retired ball pit for kids is even really an issue anymore since it's been gone for years along with the slides.

The feeling I get is the treehouse is in the back corner of toontown, so out of sight out of mind for repair. It's just bad show is all, I wanted to bring attention to it since alot is being fixed at the resort.

I think the reason it's falling into dissaray is because the area has lost most of it's luster and I'm sure execs are trying to decide what to do with that corner of ToonTown.

As many have suggested, I would love to see the lagoon, Gadget's Go Coaster, Chip N' Dales, Mickey, and Minnie's house removed. In that back corner would be a new darkride. Now, the front of the show room still needs to be disguised, so a facade of Minnie's house with a meet and greet station would be there, as well as Chip and Dale's tree above Mikcey's house. Mickey's house would serve as the que for the new attraction.

The attraction itself? Well, I started to like a basic idea someone else suggested, but here's my version of their great idea. Pete has broken into Mickey's film vault and stolen the cannisters of his early work. With a new projector Pete has aquired, he can actually go into the films and help himself be the victor in all his conflicts with Mickey, making Pete the top dog..er..cat..in ToonTown.

So you start off in Mickey's garrage and hop into his car. The car is trackless and capable of movement (like the Hunny Hunt vehicles in TDL). The first room has Mickey tied up in film and he tells you about Pete's plan. The next room has a projector lighting up the screen with one of Mickey's cartoons. Pete is standing on a platform with a laser-type contraption aimed at him. He tells us we are too late and boom, fog shoots up around him and he dissapears. Suddenly he appears on screen and takes off. The laser then moves to us and our vehicle starts to rock and shake as fog shoots up around us. When the fog clears, we find ourselves surrounded by cartoon scenery and a large screen that has the last room being displayed on it. From then on it's a serries of rooms where we encounter classic Disney cartoons while trying to chase Pete. Along the way we cross classic characters from Donald and Goofy to Clairabelle Cow. The vehicles moves differently in certain scenes, such as "Plane Crazy" or "Steamboat Willie." I think it would be really interesting to reorchestrate the themes to these cartoons, but in a more cinematic style to match the action in the ride (kinda like what Indy did).

The only problem I see for such an attraction is that ToonTown closes early. Why put all this money into an attraction that is in an out of the way location that isn't open alongside park hours?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by AFi_MCR View Post
    The ball pits are extremily unsanitary, that's why they are gone.
    Especially the blue ones.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "714"

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Chip and Dale's Treehouse is lower on the priority list than alot of things at Disney, for both maintenance and the average guest.
    True, but still they need to fix it up a bit, and put something were that ball pit was. Poor chip and dale.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Comin' at ya!

Didn't notice last time I went
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

That could be part of the issue as to why maybe it has gotten into the shape it is now in. The people who could make a change don't notice it because it's in the back corner of the land.

• Sock Puppet

Never even entered it. Never have never will. My parents claim I was never in it when I was little. I remember them telling me I would get sick.

Why break the tradition? :P