Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Waiting for the stork

Re: The Week *After* Thanksgiving--A Trip Report

Loving the report...

and your girls are all beautiful....

looks like you all had a wonderful time, I can't wait for the rest...
    procrastibating

• Man O Lantern

Thank you everyone on the compliments. Clearly, we like our girls a little bit. And they loooove Disneyland.

sdmom--don't stay at the Desert Inn on Harbor (speaking from experience), stay at the Desert Palms on Katella. It's right behind Tower of Terror and the Candy Cane Inn.

i look forward to the next set of pics!!! you and your family look soooo happy and your girls are just adorable! i'm so glad they got picked for the jedi academy!!!

kingdom hearts <3er

• Man O Lantern

Day 4, Wednesday, November 29

We woke up to high winds and arctic conditions as we headed to DCA. We’d promised the older two girls we’d spend the entire day there. I know, I know. Dumb. Especially since Disneyland would have been super dead. I just couldn’t put off time at DCA for another day.

First, we rode Tower of Terror, even though it’s my five year old’s least favorite thing to do in both parks.

Then my husband took the older two again, while I took Chloe to meet LuvsLilo and little LL at Monster’s Inc.

We did a group ride on Monster’s, then the older kids took off with my husband for Paradise Pier.

LL and I took the two little girls to Flik’s NotSoFun Fair and they did all the rides there, before heading to Soaring Over California.

Little LL was trying her mom’s patience, so they left, while the rest of us met back up at Whitewater Snacks for lunch.

After Whitewater, things went downhill.

My husband took the littlest one to the Brother Bear area, saying he’d meet us at Screaming. He just didn’t say he’d meet us at Screaming in three hours….

So we were separated from lunchtime til dinner at 5:30 at Storytellers. In that time, we froze our butts off, as my husband had our jackets, no phone (left it in the room!), AND the girls’ APs. Oy. We were trapped at DCA all day--and it was freezing. With only about a dozen people at DCA, I couldn't believe we didn't run into them again! It was seriously empty.

We went on Screaming 3x, Maliboomer once, Monster’s Inc, Tower 2x, and Soaring. It blew all day, freezing!!

I did like seeing the Cars go by. I Mater.

After dinner at Storyteller's,

we dragged our tired, sore bodies to World of Disney.

The girls spent their souvenir money (loved the 20&#37; coupon that came in the Vacation planning kit!), and Grumpy4 showed up to lend her support.

After WoD, we headed to Hearthstone Lounge to meet Demigod, OogieBoogie, his new fiance Liz (he proposed earlier in the day on Dumbo!) and G4. We had a much-needed drink with them.

Demigod and Grumpy4 represent:

Oogie and his new fiance show off her new rock:

While Chloe passes out on me....we took a taxi back to our hotel that night---waaaay too tired to walk!!
    Last edited by stinkerbell; 12-03-2006 at 09:26 PM. Reason: adding pics....

• Banned User

Awsome report!!!!!!!!!! I am loving the pics ( cute girls!!!

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    LL and I took the two little girls to Flik’s NotSoFun Fair and they did all the rides there, before heading to Soaring Over California.
    And here I thought we had a magical time at Flik's fun Fair. You cut me deep ClairBeare.

Little LL was trying her mom’s patience, so they left, while the rest of us met back up at Whitewater Snacks for lunch.

That's a very polite way of saying it. It was a fun day if I block out the Soarin' wait and having to leave part.

Great trip report!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Excellent TR. Love the pictures.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Ohhhh great pictures I LOVE the one of Cassiday's windblown look I swear we must've said we missed you guys a bajillion times Shawn's still saying he misses Cassiday at bedtime tonight There were tears when you left

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Ohhhh great pictures I LOVE the one of Cassiday's windblown look I swear we must've said we missed you guys a bajillion times Shawn's still saying he misses Cassiday at bedtime tonight There were tears when you left
    I almost cried when we left. It was very quiet for a very long time in the car, except for my husband raving about all of you.

I'm still getting to our time with you guys. I'm going to tear up a little while I do it....I miss you so much already, it's pathetic!!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I'm so sad I missed you Make me wanna cry - seriously.

• Man O Lantern

Day 5, Thursday, November 30

We stopped at City Hall to get Chloe’s birthday button and her phone call from Goofy. She’s not six until the 13th, but we thought we’d do a birthday for her at the park.

I also got a picture of the Candlelight stage in progress--we got to see it get a bit prettier each day we were there.

The globe in front of the castle was cute too:

We began the day by going on Peter Pan, Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, and the Carousel.

I hadn’t been on Casey Jr. since I was a baby, so we dragged the kids on it. I looooved it! We always avoid it, but I thought it was adorable and a lot longer than I thought.

We headed to Big Thunder. And took this video:

I wanted to wander through New Orleans Square, so we did a little shopping and walking:

Then we rode Pirates before eating a looong slow lunch at Caf&#233; Orleans. My husband and I each had the blackened chicken caesar, we all split a pomme frites order, he had some gumbo and the kids had all the meals on the kids menu--macaroni and cheese, pb&j monte crisco, and the chicken drumsticks.

Much needed coffee!

My tureen of french onion soup:

Pretty salad!

It was dead again--so weird for a Thursday afternoon!

Courtney was checking herself out at the table. Like mother like daughter....

Afterward, we rode Indy,

(that never gets old!)

then took the train to ToonTown to the Princess Faire. The show wasn’t happening due to a technical problem, so my husband stood in line to meet the princesses, while I took the girls down to the show area to check it out, and up to the art area to make crowns.

When we went through line, we met Princess Minnie, Mulan and Pocahontas. We were pretty disappointed. Those are the characters my kids have the least amount of interest in.

We headed toward ToonTown at dusk, which is the only way to see it, in my opinion. If I had my way at all, we’d never go. But the decorations were outstanding and the place was beautiful! Shows what I know.

We rode Roger Rabbit, went to see Mickey in his house, rode the Go Coaster,

then Small World.

We took the train to Tomorrowland and rode Autopia twice, Space,

Astro Orbitors, and Star Tours. The fireworks were canceled due to winds at high elevations,

so we headed to the Grand Californian to see dsnylndmom and her sons, who were staying on the concierge level.

The kids had never met in person, but after writing to one another for a while, and seeing pictures of each other, they were fast friends. I felt like I knew Tina's kids as well as any that live near us. Her sons are adorable. We love them!!

After the kids wrestled for a while, we took them to the Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel so they could run laps out on the lawn and the adults could have a cocktail and conversation. We ate from Croc’s Bits and visited until we took a taxi back to our hotel.

Friday and Saturday's reports and pics will have to wait til tomorrrow.....
    Last edited by stinkerbell; 12-03-2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: adding pics.....

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

just had a lotta fun looking at your lotta fun! i'm glad that the girls had a blast

• Man O Lantern

Last full day at Disneyland: Friday, December 1

Candlelight stage is a little more decorated:

We were expecting the crowds to be bad today, in preparation for Candlelight, but once again, the crowds were minimal (to non-existent).

We took the obligatory family photo in front of the castle, looking directly into the sun. Good job, us!

While in line for Peter Pan, my husband noticed a weird green kid sitting on the garbage can. It was actually Peter Pan. A first for us, so my kids were loving him-especially my eight year old Pan fan.

We left Fantasyland for Adventureland, and rode Indy, then watched the Aladdin and Jasmine show (forgot the title). Two of the 3 kids they picked to help that day left the stage in tears. My eleven year old thought that was funny.

My five, er six, year old decides on our last day at Disneyland that she hates Splash. She cried the entire time, making us feel horrible. Fun family times. We decided to all go on Pooh together to make her feel better.

And when we got off, disnylndmom and her boys were waiting for us, so we got some treats at Pooh Corner:

Then we headed over to New Orleans Square and rode Mansion and Pirates, meeting up with kylelicious along the way.

We rode the Jungle Cruise....

And headed toward the Tiki Room, which was closed:

The kids waited patiently for the cookie making show (I'm not even going to pretend to know the names of anything anymore) to start:

Then the little ones made a mess, danced, did the robot, rolled around like Stitch, and somehow also made cookies:

Because it was also her (faux) birthday, Chloe not only got her cookies, but a giant birthday cookie as well. This is a great activity for kids, and a free snack, too! We all got our bags of cookies and our hats....

And moved about fifteen feet to our left, to watch a little show:

We were all starving and it was late afternoon, so we left Disneyland for Tortilla Joe's window and the Jazz Kitchen Express Window.

After buying way to much food (for WAY cheap!), Kyle took the oldest two kids to the Grand Californian, while we took the youngest three kids to Build-a-Bear. Chloe and Shawnakin made new little friends:

They also sang Happy Birthday to Chloe at BaB. Very cute!

We left dmom and Shawnakin at Downtown Disney, so we could go in the park and ride a few more rides before meeting up with more people.

We rode Pirates and Mansion (and Tea Cups and Alice!) one more time before heading to Tomorrowland on the train to meet up with dmom and friends to ride Autopia:

Then we headed toward Buzz to meet Where's Barbie, Pixie Chick and her Pixie Kid. We all rode Buzz:

Then went out to make sure kylelicious and my husband were okay with watching all the kids....now we had six.

This is the group the ladies left behind (plus an extra guy):

After they swore they'd watch the kids, one escaped:

Whose kid is that??

We headed to the Hearthstone for drinks for Grumpy4's and MinionLumbo's birthdays. As long as we plied G4 with lemon drops all night, she would forgive us for being late....

Dmom counts for SusieP, G4 yells at someone for being late, and Pixie Chick looks purdy.

Too much sexy: dmom and SusieP

DustySage and Fishbulb looking sexy and checking something out.

Dmom and Dusty hatching a nefarious plan?

A pre-engaged SunnyG:

JustJohn and Simply Sabrina showed up, and sunnygirl and Anders, and so did Kyle and my husband and the kids.

Fishbulb and Courtney exchanged some Converse love:

MissChristine, oohlala:

Later, we went to the Rainforest Cafe for drinks and eats.....because the LOST BAR WAS CLOSED. On a Saturday, for a DMCA meet. WHAT?? Plus it was a birthday weekend, how could it be closed??

Too much man-- kylelicious, Kelly, and ScarLion:

We all said goodbye until the next morning.....but it took us about twenty minutes to say goodbye anyway.
    Last edited by stinkerbell; 12-04-2006 at 10:22 AM.

• Man O Lantern

The next morning, we checked out of our hotel, loaded up the car and decided to spend a few hours at Disneyland before meeting a newly engaged sunnygirl and Anders at the Hearthstone.

We rode Indy and Pirates, and as were exiting Pirates, I saw Anders in line at the Blue Bayou, so we ran to the right, to avoid being seen by sunnyg. She thought we left already....had no idea we were sticking around to check out her new rock:

The newest engaged MiceChat couple:

After Anders further surprised her with a night's stay at the Grand Cal on the concierge level (and a pre-packed bag!), we started saying our goodbyes, which sucked.

I was happy to visit with VillainsFan for a few minutes, MissChristine, G4 (on her actual bday!), Dmom and kids, Kylelicious, Pixie Chick, JJ and SS, and probably some other people I'm leaving out....it was HORRIBLE leaving. I fell so deeply in love with my MiceChat friends again, it was terrible saying goodbye.

It was really quiet in the car when we drove for the first hour. No one spoke until we ate lunch at In-n-Out in Burbank.

We drove straight home, arriving in Portland in 15 hours on the dot. Not a bad drive--we missed all the crazy Nor Cal and Southern Oregon weather last week.

What a great trip! We had the best time.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I can't say enough how great of a time we had Your kids are so awesome and we just love them. I wish we were closer so we could play all.the.time! We were so faced after you left we even took a pouty lip picture and sent it to you guys, but my phone was all wonky.

The pictures came out great(how could they not with all that adorableness that are your kids!!!) and I so so so love the one of Kyler and Court!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast