Blog Entries

Re: The Week *After* Thanksgiving--A Trip Report

THRILLS!!!

ROMANCE!!!

LAUGHTER!!!

DANCING!!!!

CUTE KIDS!!!

SMOKING HOT WOMEN!!!

You'll laugh! You'll cry! You'll see it again and again!

STINK'S AFTER-THANKSGIVING ADVENTURE

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    A first for us, so my kids were loving him-especially my eight year old Pan fan.
    That's the same Peter Pan that was at Goofy's Kitchen on Thursday morning when we did the character breakfast. My daughter didn't want to have her picture taken with him. She thought he was kind of creepy.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Off to Neverland

great pictures!

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Ohhhh great pictures I LOVE the one of Cassiday's windblown look I swear we must've said we missed you guys a bajillion times Shawn's still saying he misses Cassiday at bedtime tonight There were tears when you left
    And they weren't all from the kids. I was definitely one of those with tears.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post

Dmom counts for SusieP, G4 yells at someone for being late, and Pixie Chick looks purdy.
    I believe I was talking to the one and only Tui!!

Ok, not sure how I missed this thread. But I'm glad I found it. OY!! Fabulous trip report!! Love all the pictures and videos..esp Dancing Cassidy! Glad you had a good trip, except the Day From Hell at DCA.
    It was so nice to get to see you on and off that week. I'm so glad that you and others were here for my bday as well. Miss you guys!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• I've got the Disney fever

That was a fantastic report!! The videos were awesome!!

Awesome report and pics!

• Popular Princess

wow! awesome report and pics! love the videos, especially the dancing one!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

We are headed to Disneyland in a few weeks. We have a 4,9 and 12 year old. How doable/worth it was the Hollywood visit? We are at the park for 4 days...too long? Not sure if we should break it up a bit with a Hollywood trip. We'd have to either take a taxi or do a tour because we are not doing the car rental this time. We are splurging and staying at the GCH so we also want to save a bit on meals. I spoke with someone at GCH last week who told me all the rooms have fridges (non-stocked) for guest use now, so we can bring some things to snack on at least. Where did you find your kids ate the best at? Any great tips on that end? I Loved your report!
    Mary Jane

• My cuties!

How the heck did I miss this thread?!?!? What great pictures! Your girls are so gorgeous!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by mjjpower View Post
    We are headed to Disneyland in a few weeks. We have a 4,9 and 12 year old. How doable/worth it was the Hollywood visit? We are at the park for 4 days...too long? Not sure if we should break it up a bit with a Hollywood trip. We'd have to either take a taxi or do a tour because we are not doing the car rental this time. We are splurging and staying at the GCH so we also want to save a bit on meals. I spoke with someone at GCH last week who told me all the rooms have fridges (non-stocked) for guest use now, so we can bring some things to snack on at least. Where did you find your kids ate the best at? Any great tips on that end? I Loved your report!
    Mary Jane
    Thank you!

If you're staying at the GCH, just stay there. You won't be bored and with the ages you mentioned (mine are very close in age), they'll have plenty to do at both parks in four days. We usually go 5-6 days at a time, and we ride our favorite rides as many times as we can, but also try to take in a parade and some shows.

The only reason we went to Hollywood is because we thought our oldest would like it, and she did. The younger two just wanted to go to Disneyland, since we'd just arrived the day before after a long car-ride.

We stayed at GCH last year in a room with a queen and a bunk bed with trundle. It was tight, and you're right the fridge is pre-stocked, and if you move anything, you get charged for it. They adjusted the bill at the end, apparently I moved a bag of nuts....didn't have to pay though. Last year, you had to pay extra to have a non-stocked fridge.

We ate breakfast in our room. We brought instant oatmeal and boiled water for it in the coffee pot. We also brought mini cereal boxes and bought milk at Whitewater Snacks (inside GCH) and had cereal other days. My husband and I filled up on coffee at LaBrea Bakery (I love the ficelli and jam!) or Whitewater each morning.

We like to eat at the French Market--our oldest gets a bread bowl of chowder and my husband and I like the french dip and the younger two will split an adult meal or eat the kids' meals. There's a fairly good variety. The Po boys looked good.

The kids' meals get old after a while. There are only so many mickey-shaped chicken nuggets you can eat. So we started buying them an adult meal and they share.

We also share a pizza at Pizza Port for dinner. I think it's about $33ish for the whole family and we just drink from our water bottles. That's the cheapest family meal I know about, if not the healthiest.

I'm sold on Tortilla Joe's take out window in DowntownDisney. Their tacos and nachos taste great and are really cheap. For dinner, my oldest and I split a nachos and two tacos and we couldn't finish it all. Across the way the Jazz Kitchen has a take-out window with some good food, pretty cheap as well. We all ate for $25 and we actually had too much food. I bought a loaf of french bread for $1.99 which was a pretty good deal, too.

We eat at Whitewater Snacks quite a bit, too. Their French dip sandwiches are huge and come with lots of fries and several strawberries. I've had good cheeseburgers there, too. The younger two kids like the pb&j sandwich boxes that come with a Mickey cookie, juice and fruit--I always choose the box that has the most fruit in it! It's always empty when we're there at lunchtime.

I don't love the food inside Disneyland and if you're there for more than a day, it gets old quickly.

The kids HATED Rancho Del Zocalo in Frontierland. The kids' tacos are mickey shaped chicken nuggets in a tortilla.....and I'm not kidding. And my husband and I had the two worst meals we've ever had anywhere at that restaurant.

We usually save money by not buying drinks, and filling up our water bottles in the park restaurants (not the water fountains). There are water stations at all of them. When the kids meals come with a drink, I order milk...so they get at least one healthy thing.

The kids meals at Cafe Orleans are not the most filling. My daughter finished her mac and cheese before I even finished cutting up my salad.

I can't think of anything else....we've eaten at most places in both parks, but with three kids and two picky eaters (I'm one of them!), it's hard to find places that suit all of us.

Our favorite place for dinner is Storyteller's Cafe in the GCH. My husband, oldest daughter and I get dinner buffets and the younger two split a make-your-own pizza. We've done that three times now....it's worth the extra money, it's relaxing and beautiful. But go hungry--the buffet is delicious.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

WOW!! Great trip report. Sorry we missed you... you were leaving Anaheim when we were arriving for Candlelight! Glad you had a good time though!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Thank you so much for the food report! I've printed it off and put it with my "papers to take with" folder!
    I'm getting excited! We have not told the kids yet...we are going to surprise them with it on Christmas! They think we aren't going until next Christmas! They will be thrilled to find out that we are actually going in just a few weeks!
    Mary Jane

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Just a heads up, the fridges are NOT stocked at the GCH anymore. I stayed there twice in the last month and the fridges weren't stocked either time.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Okay, that is good to know about the fridges because that is what I had been told as well...I think this is something new. Are the fridges tall enough to hold water bottles or milk cartons?

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I don't know how I missed this either! You got some GREAT shots C!! I love the JTA, the super-unimpressed girls with Princess Minnie photo, dancing Cassidy, Roy baking and the creepy green kid.

Pixie Kid had a great time with all the kids and keeps asking when he can go see them again! Awww...we misses us some Stink.
    <o>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast