Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Matterhorn bruises

By reading the threads and posts here on Micechat I know that the Matterhorn has lots of fans, but I find that everytime I ride it I get bruises and bumps all over. Anyone else have the same problem? If not, how do you keep from getting thrown all over the seat? I've finally given up trying to ride it and just find a bench and wait for my family.l

•   
    • I <3 o

Re: Matterhorn bruises

Yeah, when i went this summer, I was at my thinnest in a few years, and I noticed my lower back and spinal chord area were bruised from the smacking of the back of the seat
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

It's a rough ride. As my mother told my cousin to soothe her before getting on BTM: "You went on Matterhorn, that's the toughest ride here!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Move with the bobsled, not against it

You also might want to take the Fantasyland side if it's that big a problem for you.

For some reason, we have never tried the Fantasyland side. Thanks for the advice. I will try it.

• Directly directed

I've never gotten bumps or bruised but I did lose my brand new kate spade glasses that I see with. And the matterhorn has the least successful recovery rate. SO don't wear your glasses.

• Banned User

I lost a kidney, any one got one to spare??

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

It is the bumpiest ride in the park. Has been for a long time. Unless you count Big Thunder Mountain on its worst days.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I've never gotten bruises from Matterhorn before. Maybe it's just different for big guys, like myself.

...Joe...

I still think the ride just needs some softer seats and backs, then the ride would not feel so bumpy. Those seats are pretty darn hard!

• back in Austin

I end up bracing myself with my arms to keep in the center of my seat. I'm guessing you'd get pretty bruised up if you just relaxed and took a beating.

• Just Me

I agree with pineapplewhipaddict, move with the bobsled. I make sure my seatbelt is pretty tight, bend my knees and brace my feet against the bottom of the bobsled. I hold on to the handles and move with the bobsled from my hips up. Kind of like riding a horse. The only bruises I've ever gotten from the matterhorn have been when I've been a klutz geting into or out of the bobsled.

Of course, the fact that I have plenty of built in padding probably helps, too.

This is from a girl who is prone to brusing but loves the Matterhorn.

1. Sit with someone else if possible!

2. Buckle yourself up and sit up straight,curved back means you're going back harder.

3. Move with the bobsled

4. Hold onto the bars inside the bobsled
    Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

• I'm not really here

I film that ride every time so I haven't held on in quite some time now. Best way I've found is to put your feet into the front corners of the seating area and put your knees together. Push out with your feet to keep you back in the seat. Lean with the bobsled. If you're coming to a right turn, lean into it. Don't fight the hard turns... let them throw you a little bit ("tis better to bend than to break").

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Shredder

They are some pretty hard seats, mixed in with a killer track layout and fast speeds just isn't good on the body. All I can say is to ride the Fantasyland side, it's much more easier to ride then the other which is faster and harder.
    If that doesn't help, try moving with the bobsled and bracing yourself with force on every hard turn. Still, it may take a thick coat or pillow to line the seat with to help prevent any bruises.

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast