Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Circarama's mini Candlelight trip report

We went to Candlelight on Saturday for the 5:30 show. Here is my mini report.

Tigerlily and I bought the Napa Rose dining package which turned out to be a very nice meal. After dinner, we were given some very nice wine glasses etched with the Candlight artwork. Sweeeeeet!

We then walked over to Disneyland, and upon entering, we were directed to a special line for ticket holders. The CM looked at our tickets and said, "Silver seating? Please follow me."

This was our first time to Candlight, and I didn't know what to expect. We go thru the tunnel and came out into Town Square. The CM starts walking us down the front row. She stops right in the middle and say's, "you may sit here if you like, or there are 2 seats together in the 2nd row, and there are a few more further back."

I managed to stammer out that these 2 seats in the FRONT ROW CENTER would be just fine, thank you very much!

Inside, I was turning cartwheels. Outside I was casually settling into my seat, hoping that somebody wasn't going to walk up and say, "I'm sorry sir, there seems to have been a mistake made, you are sitting waaaaaay over there."

But nobody came along and said that.

I saw Martha Blanding, the manager from Walt Disney Merchandise Event Services. We exchanged pleasantries which was nice. Afterwards, I saw Alice Davis, widow of Disney Legend Marc Davis. Not sure if Alice is a Disney Legend yet, but she should be... and she should also have a window on Main Street.

But I digress...

We enjoyed an amazing performance, Hector Elizondo was great, and can you believe this: I left my camera in a locker because, " I don't want to watch the show thru a viewfinder... and besides it's going to be too hard to see sitting behind all the people from Club 33." Ha-ha, I wish I has known.

Oh well, we had a spectacular time. If you've never been, make the time to go next year. It's definitely worth seeing!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Circarama's mini Candlelight trip report

Glad you had such a good time! We saw the set up and caught a little bit walking past, it was so beautiful.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Lowering Expectations

Nice, veeeery nice! I'm glad you had a great time, Circarama, I envy you!
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Senior Minion

Glad you had a nice evening Charlie!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Just wondering if the dinner package was for AP's or? I got to go, but was in the way back... Still awesome though!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

glad the two of you had a great time, it was great to run into you afterwards that evening.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

sweet! those were the same seats i had last year.

tonight, i was also in silver section and had the pleasure of being greeted and hugged by the Ambassador (Andrea) and sat near Ron Dominguez, who i reminised with after the show. i also saw a few former bosses who have now climbed the ladder even further, as well as, some Disney Legends.

Dinner was awesome at the Vineyard Room. not only was the food exquisite, but the service was top notch also.

and the wind was not a factor for the show, but, sadly did force the cancelation of fireworks.

i'll be back tonight to see them at 5:45, before going to the party afterwards.

i'd better get to bed.

glad you had a great time!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Glad you had such a good time! We saw the set up and caught a little bit walking past, it was so beautiful.
    I'm pretty sure I saw you at GCH before dinner! My wife and I were sitting near the piano in the GCH lobby around 3:15pm and I'm pretty sure I saw you walk by (towards the bar, hehe). I was going to stop you but you looked right at me and I didn't register so I thought "hmmmmm, maybe that's not her", then I saw your son walking with his dad (I think) and I thought,"Yep, that was her". I shoulda said something...
    I hope you guys had a good time at the Park, sorry I didn't say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    glad the two of you had a great time, it was great to run into you afterwards that evening.
    But I did say hello, and
    CONGRATULATIONS
    to you and SunnyGirl!!
    What a wonderful surprise to run into you and SunnyG near the Plaza Inn on Saturday,Anders! Hearing abouit your proposal in the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square sounded so sweet. I could really see how happy you two were on Saturday.

Let this be a lesson to every single person on MiceChat:
    You can find love at MiceChat. Go to a single-rider meet at the Park...
    You never know what will happen!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I like the glasses. I saw the 8pm show but i stood the whole time. And BTW yes Alice Davis is one of the disney legends she was inducted in 2004

• Neep meep beep

It was so great to see you, and to meet your wife! Thank you for the gift and I'll have my pictures up soon...

Nice report. I can't wait to see some pictures from the CP. Sounds like a great event.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

I hate to burst your bubble,but I think all Candlelight diners were in silver section.I ate at Hook's Pointe and sat left of center stage third row,Sunday 8pm show.I'm posting a trip report later.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble,but I think all Candlelight diners were in silver section.
    My "bubble" isn't burst. I was surprised that anybody from the dining packages would have access to the front row. I assumed that patrons of Club 33 would have the front few rows saved for them.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Neep meep beep

Yes, I was wondering also... if we were in Silver, and had great seats, where the heck was the Gold section?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I don't think there was a gold section. Just silver, blue, red, and open (at least that's what I overheard from a GC Cast Member talking to another Guest). Of course there was the reserved VIP seating right behind the front center silver section as well.

I ate at Yamabuki (really good!) and we were center section, fourth row from the front on the right facing the stage for the Sunday 8pm show.

Bottom line though, I got to take my mom out for a very enjoyable evening (it cost me around $250 for it just for that night, so it better have been good) because she deserves it.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast