Thread: LuminAria Music

LuminAria Music

I have the Holiday Magic CD from way back when and have the LuminAria show soundtrack on it. I listen to it every Christmas season and I really do enjoy listening to the music of this ill-fated show. I never got to see it and no one seemed to have videotaped it, so there's no hope of getting to at least see why everyone hated it so much. But the music is really good. Miriam Stockly performs beautifully in her songs, "Shine" and "Live the Light Inside." I just think it's such a shame when Disney creates very fine pieces of music, which is what Disney is known for, and to see it thrown away and never used again. Light Magic was a poorly conceived show, but the music was beautiful. I loved the Celtic music, but how sad for such a great piece to be cancelled and never heard again except through CDs. If only they could somehow reuse the LuminAria music for something else. Disney needs to make a big show for California Adventure; a show that will become as popular as Fantasmic! for the Bay. They could set up lights all over Paradise Pier, not just California Screamin' or the Sun Wheel. Disney is more than capable of creating fireworks of low density as they do with Fantasmic!'s finale. They make shooting fountains like Las Vegas' Bellagio, set it to music. They can have low fireworks for the Bay and have big fireworks going off surrounding the Pier (not too big as you have the hotel there and other attractions. I say this because I think it's kind of dumb to have no real big nighttime shows, except Disney's Electrical Parade, closing the park early then having the majority of the people from that park being hurtled to Disneyland for the remainder of the night. If California Adventure had a major nighttime spectacular show, it would give guests a good reason to stay in the park and possibly extend their park hours. I hope I'm not the only one who wants to see some sort of phenomena come out of that park, like they did with Fantasmic!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Re: LuminAria Music

It's a shame that those two shows could not match the wonderful music, but I'm right there with you that the soundtracks are magical!

I think those songs would have fit better in an EPCOT show. They just aren't Disneyland/Magic Kingdom material - they're a little too "new agey".

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I think if even DCA's lake had a "bellagio" type water show every hour but themed to disney music, that park would have more people going to it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

One thing is these fountains would need to lower mechanically after every performance in order not to look cluttered.
    I'm sorry I never saw LuminAria, but I think what needs to happen with that lagoon is it needs to have a show with more time put into it.

i agree but i have seen a vid of it a long time ago i just can remember the site.
    pshhh i guess

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I seem to recall that there was something in the center of the lagoon. And during the day, kids would draw Christmas cards and submit them. They would then be projected onto something during the show. Like a floating present or something.

And I recall a LOT of fog/smoke effects. It definitely wasn't worth the fuss and it wasn't memorable enough to be a scar on an already beaten DCA.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

I saw Luminaria and I somewhere in my collection I believe I have the videotape of when I saw it. It was a very nice show, escpecially the finale. They put all these twinkling lights all over tha paradise pier area and it looked like a lot of golden stars scattered all over the place. It was awesome. The show itself was nice. During the day they encourages kids to draw chistmas cards and then they scanned them and they would show them during the show. It was cute. I'll look for that tape this evening and see if I can figure out how to post it.