Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fourth of July Weekend

Hey Mice-Chatters

Profgriffin here from Austin, Texas.

So...my family's return trip to Disneyland is in the works...and we are wondering what the crowds are like on Fourth of July Weekend.

My wife used to be a castmember many years ago...and she recalls the park not being that busy during Fourth of July weekend (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th-) That didn't sound right to me...so I thought I'd check in with folks who would really know!

LOL. I'm sure early July is packed...but what about on the actual 4th of July? We'd like at least 2 days in the magic kingdom and will try to do three.

Also, does anyone know if The Haunted Mansion and Pirates is scheduled to be down during that time?

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Re: Fourth of July Weekend

It''s packed the 4th of July weekend, but when i have gone it wasn't so packed that they have closed the gates.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Since the first time I went for July 4 (2001) I vowed NEVER to set foot in Disneyland again on that day. IT WAS COMPLETE CHAOS. And from others that I know who've attended July 4th's after that year, it's quite the same.

Just an FYI.

• Minion

We've gone several times on the 4th, and its nuts. In 2003 is was so packed, not only were there turnstile closures, but Adventureland was closed due to being overly crowded. Was fun, cause we got seperated and my son couldn't catch up to us. Was really a PITA. Now we know to stick together, and just find a place to kick back in the late afternoon. This year we were there July 1-7. It was packed, but we still had fun.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

In 2001, in order for us to get a spot in front of the castle to see the fireworks, we had to get there at 7pm - for a show that started 2 1/2 hours later...AND we were sitting on the ground mind you. The benches had already been taken up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    In 2001, in order for us to get a spot in front of the castle to see the fireworks, we had to get there at 7pm - for a show that started 2 1/2 hours later...AND we were sitting on the ground mind you. The benches had already been taken up.
    :::sitting quietly::: But we do that even when it isn't the 4th...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Topher and I spent the weekend after 4th of July and it was a very plesant experience this year... Not to busy but not to full just right!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Minion

Not even if you paid me to go.

• Neep meep beep

I went Fourth of July weekend this year and it was heavy, but if you plan right, you'll can get a lot done. The crowds and heat are not fun, however.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    :::sitting quietly::: But we do that even when it isn't the 4th...
    True - but 2 hours or more ahead of time you'd think you'd get a bench at least.

We've gone for her brothers' and sisters' birthdays but never for my daughter born on the first of July (due the fourth) because my family doesn't like the most crowded times. But she's getting mad so we may have to do it this year. We'd be going 6/30 to 7/6. Do you think the days before and after the fourth will be just regular summer, with the fourth being on a Wednesday? Please tell me something encouraging.
    Last edited by nemopoppins; 12-04-2006 at 11:20 PM. Reason: oops, wrong date

Thanks for the input all.

Seems like the weekend AFTER the fourth might be best.
    I know that whenever we go in July, it will be packed...(sigh). Since my son started actual SCHOOL now, we have to go during Summer or Spring Break.
    Is Spring Break any better?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProfGriffin View Post
    Thanks for the input all.

Seems like the weekend AFTER the fourth might be best.
    I know that whenever we go in July, it will be packed...(sigh). Since my son started actual SCHOOL now, we have to go during Summer or Spring Break.
    Is Spring Break any better?
    Not really. Any time that is a break from school the park is pretty busy.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

So, let me put it this way...what part of July is best to visit? Early-Mid-Late? Or is it all about the same all Summer long? We don't mind crowds, in fact we expect them...but if it's a MADHOUSE with whole lands closed due to crowds, we'd rather find a better time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ProfGriffin View Post
    So, let me put it this way...what part of July is best to visit? Early-Mid-Late? Or is it all about the same all Summer long? We don't mind crowds, in fact we expect them...but if it's a MADHOUSE with whole lands closed due to crowds, we'd rather find a better time.
    Early June or late July. Problem with late July is the heat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast