Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Candlelight Proposal

I'm just back from a few days at DL and will be posting a trip report over the next few days but right now I want to post an idea I had for CP.

Now before you all have a cow, please consider the idea fairly.

I thoroughly enjoyed CP but between the ticket fiasco and the crowds on Main Street it occurred to me there must be a way to make this work better.

So my idea for 2007 is this.

Still do the CP on Main Street the first weekend, thats tradition and should continue.

But then move it over to the Hyperion in DCA for the rest of the month.

The theater could be converted over the month of November for the show and they could run the program as they do in Florida, with several shows a night over the Fri-Sun weekend and more during the Christmas week.

If you figure the theater seats around 2,000 per show, 3 shows a night over 3 weekend days gives us 18,000 seats. Figuring 3 weekends thats 54,000 and adding more shows during Christmas week we could have many more people see the shows.

As to the seating, they could sell the lower level with some sort of dinner package and make the upper levels first come first serve.

It would be a good solution I think.

• Minion

Re: Candlelight Proposal

Good idea, however, they could always do this at the Fantasyland Theater too.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they once do it at the Fantasyland Theatre? BUt this is a good idea, it would also get people into DCA and out of DL atleast for a short time. I think this is a great idea!

• Minion

They did do it at the FL Theater but since they reworked the theater for Princess show its not going to work there.

In addition, I think that one of the pros for doing it at Hyperion is you avoid weather issues. The wind was an issue this year and would not be inside.

In addition, they can't to a real processional in the FL theater but in the Hyperion they could darken the room and do a nice processional down the aisles.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I thought this was going to be another thread about someone getting engaged over the weekend!

Carry on.
    A signature should go here.

• Shubisha

It was gonna be but you ruined their surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I thought this was going to be another thread about someone getting engaged over the weekend!

Carry on.
    So did I!
    I do think your idea would be good; it would get more people in DCA and less in Disneyland and alleviate the HUGE traffic jam on Main Street.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    It was gonna be but you ruined their surprise!
    Oh geez! [Jedi mind trick] You didn't see anything....Have a nice day![/Jedi]
    A signature should go here.

i like the idea of moving it over to the Hyperion for later weekends. Doesn't WDW do it for a couple of weekends? Or do they do it for just one weekend, like us crazy So Cal people do?

It would be nice to extend it because sometimes people can't just get there. And it's such a neat event.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Don't they do the candlelight processional one weekend a year?

• Minion

Well sorry it wasn't a proposal but I'm not even dating anyone so that would be hard for me to do.

At DL they do CP one weekend a year but at WDW it starts in late Nov and goes through the whole Christmas season

• Banned User

that's the reason it is in epcot here and not MK. it was a way to get people to go to epcot back in the 80's and it seems to popular that it is a shame you only have two performances.

i agree it needs to be more than just 2 nights. There were so many people walking by that had no idea what was going on. I love it.

• Neep meep beep

After the Anders/Sunnygirl news, I also read this as a proposal at the Candlelight ceremony! I think because this is such a traditional event, that you may find some resistance from people that enjoy that it's at Disneyland and has been for decades. You might notice on these boards that anything that doesn't involve DCA being turned into a parking lot meets with criticism. I think it's an idea worth considering, however, and the improved capacity, better acoustics, and "all weather" capabilities of the theater as a venue for the candlelight procession are all selling points.

• Basking in birthday love

Candlelight doesn't serve the same purpose at Disneyland that it does at WDW. Disneyland does Candlelight to thank its many sponsors and partners. Disney World does Candlelight because Disneyland does Candlelight. It loses its specialness if you do it every night. The decision to create a special AP thingy for the ceremony created raised expectations that the event was not designed to meet. While the ceremony has seen many changes of venue and content over the last fifty years (well, almost), it lasts one weekend. Always has, always will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast