4 10.81%
  • The Music Idea

1 2.70%
  • The Fog and retheming Idea

19 51.35%
  • None!

13 35.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How about some new Haunted Mansion Themeing?

Fake fog makes me cough - I love it, but I can't be in it for too long, and I know I can't be the only one otherwise places like Knott's Scary Farm wouldn't have all those warning signs outside their mazes (which fortunately for me never have a lot!). As long as its low to the ground and not too thick, it would be an awesome idea. Too much, though, and I might not be able to get through a long line without having a (small) coughing fit. I had trouble breathing in one haunted house that was FILLED with it, and when I saw Avenue Q, two songs after a song with fog effects that poured into our row (2nd row) I was coughing through the first act closer. For some reason, it just doesn't mix well with me.

Just remember those of us who can't handle fake fog! Water-based mist - that's good!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

keep the fog low to the ground so that it swirls around your ankels,to much fog wouldn't be good
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• The pride is back.

There seems to be a fairly contained, lingering mist at MGM's version of TOT, or at least there used to be.

As for the animation, I'm all for it. I went back to MK last year and saw the Leota headstone for the first time. Even though I had seen the photo in the Surrell book, it completely blew me away. Anything that makes you kind of go, "Did I just see that?" is perfect for it, in my book.

Music, not so sure. The Phantom Manor music serves the story a bit more, with the music box, etc. And I don't think piping any version of GGG outside is really going to do much. I like the occasional sound effect and the eerie silence, for some reason.

• I'm not really here

I think fog is an excellent idea. Especially at night and backlit to glow a bit. Dry icing the fog keeps it low on the ground (like the fog used in the Aladdin show at DCA). If it is done at night time it would really add to the atmosphere of the HM. Especially given the setting the mansion is supposed to be set in. Fog would be a natural occurrence.

I think it would also be cool to add in tiny little creepy details. Eyes on a tombstone that look left and right. Or follow a guest. The head of the cat in the pet cemetery turning to follow you as you walk by. Small, things like that that you wouldn't necessarily notice, but would be there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think HM is already brilliantly designed and doesn't need any additions. I know some people think that adding fog and music is fine as long as the mansion is kept neat and clean. At first I thought this would be an interesting addition, but after awhile I thought it may be a little bit too cliche'. One expects these elements at a haunted mansion. I think the brilliance of the Disneyland HM is in how "normal" everything is --this, in and of itself, makes it even creepier than if they were to spruce it up with some special effects.

If they do add some effects, I think the best additions in this case should be small and not large scale. I don't know if this still happens, but years ago I seem to remember a light that would go on and off in one of the windows in the mansion. A little element like that I think adds tons to the atmosphere and to the theming.

• It's all nonsense

They don't need to add, but to take away. Specifically the bright exit signs, the netting that protects everything in the graveyard, and the spanish safety speil. I know this will never happen but it's what I'd like to see.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Tech Geekness overload, this is my area of expertise...

Low flowing fog would be best bet and easily feasable, for a mear $1200.00 you can add a damp que line with lor flowing fog.

Its a dry ice fog machine and can cover a 60 x 60 foot area within 5 min, me likes this fog idea!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• The Ghost Poster.

I suppose Disney COULD do Fog.. But people wouldn't be able to see where they were going. Also, The haunted mansion is really supposed to look nice on the outside. Not some run-down building that has been there for ages. It's supposed to give the element of surprise. That's what I like about the Haunted mansion. When you enter it, It's like entering a new world.

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Boo! View Post
    I suppose Disney COULD do Fog.. But people wouldn't be able to see where they were going. Also, The haunted mansion is really supposed to look nice on the outside. Not some run-down building that has been there for ages. It's supposed to give the element of surprise. That's what I like about the Haunted mansion. When you enter it, It's like entering a new world.
    Agreed. I think that is what I was trying to say. HM has little elements like the pet cemetary and a hearse parked out front. The hearse from a long way away just looks like a carriage and then when you get closer your realize it is a hearse.

It is these small elements that are the best effects and shouldn't be added to. It is like the house on the block that the kids say is haunted, or that a witch lives there. There is nothing overtly wrong about it, it just gives off weird vibes. (like when I was a kid there was a house with black shutters. We all thought a witch lived there, just because of that)

I don't see anything wrong with including Paris's music box in the switchback part of the que

they could just play that nice soft music box music that way it's not overly overt and it doesn't break theme it's just something subtly creepy like everything else already there and it wouldn't leak out into the rest of the area

they could even hide the music box somewere around that area so people could hear it playing softly but would have to glance around to see were it's coming from

for those that don't know the Paris Music box plays the simply GGG tune in a soft typical music box tune

I don't really want animation or loud music though

the fog is debatable I think it's creepy but doesnt' neccesarily break theme, the house would still look clean and fine and there is nothing unusual about low hanging fog an if they keep it light enough nobody will be tripping because of it, fog is indicative of the area the mansion is supposed to be in and also there's no hiding from anyone that it IS a haunted mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    What if they made it less haunted, and filled it with bunnies and various shiny things.

It could be called The Happy Mansion.

And pirates. It has to have pirates.
    Yes And then take all the pirates of PotC and have just ONE pirate. We're cutting costs. XD Pirate of the Carribbean! =D Extra awesome
    Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12