Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

claribella's 12-3 Night Report - Aladdin Pics, Candelight Pics and Various Video

It was my birthday on Saturday and Sunday on our drive back home from Hermosa Beach around 3pm, when my sister and I had the same idea…let’s go to Disneyland for the evening!

Happy Birthday to me!

We took the detour and got there around 5pm, it was just getting dark. My sister was excited to see the Holiday decor all lite up at night. We decided to walk through DTD and go to DCA through the GCH entrance. We got a nice surprise in the lobby of the hotel!!

And enjoy a small clip of their lovely singing....

Then onto DCA where the first stop was The Tower...mmm I FINALLY got my Tower fix!!!

Yeah, gotta have those #2 pencils ready...ya never know when there might be a scantron test!

Then onto watch the 6pm showing of Aladdin. My sister WORSHIPS that show. Genii had some new joke material, we noticed. Time to try out my 12x zoom!

A little clip of Genii and his joking around

And a little clip of the ending....

Then it was time to act and sing in the Animation Building…. I swear I can't help laughing doing those skits. I try and my sis was getting pretty perturbed that I kept snickering and giggling…I can’t help it!

You know I can't believe I'm putting these in here but hey...if you all can handle me talking baby talk to Miss Elusive..I guess you can handle this...ha!

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Belle and Beast Acting... (I messed this one up cuz I started snickering right at the end...darnit! as you can hear...my sister was NOT happy. )

After recovering from those shenanigans and goings on......it was time for a Hot Dog then off to Disneyland. Bye DCA!

And Hello Disneyland!

We arrived JUST in time to see the Candelight Processional start down Mainstreet.

And a short clip of the Processional down Main Street

Then it was off to see the band at Tomorrowland Terrace…and shake my groove thang…ha! J/K They were really good, though. Enjoyed them

Short clip here....

Then Space Mountain where the line was null and void...

…and then it happened...we get in the rockets, and then all the sudden…we are turning left. The CM pulls up the step ladder and each of us get off. My sis and I were in the back. My sister was like “whoa what happened” and I said…”uh…we are all to heavy!” She looks at me like…OMG we are so fat! I giggle…because I know it wasn’t us….the first 3 cars were pretty “filled”…ANYWAY! I asked the CM who was helping me out if that was the case and the smile he gave me answered it all…he just giggled. It was a giggle moment with a cutie Space Mountain CM.

So we get back in the line and try again…this time we get it right.

Then we booked it over to Hungry Bear to wave at our characters on the Mark Twain as they pass by from the ending of the Fantasmic! show…I love doing that. It is a tradition of ours. All those characters..waving just for us…on the balcony of Hungry Bear…my sister and I were the only ones there.

The Crocodile.....This was with no zoom.

Ducks gather around...

Oh and if you didn't know how to wash your hands.....

Then it was HM and some coffee and then home. Fun times but we were tired and ready for bed.

I hope you enjoyed that and thanks for reading.
    Last edited by clara; 12-05-2006 at 10:06 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: claribella's 12-3 Night Report - Aladdin Pics, Candelight Pics and Various Video

Great report!! I've never seen the Aladdin show! But I think thats on the plans for this weekend!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Re: claribella's 12-3 Night Report - Aladdin Pics, Candelight Pics and Various Video

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Great report!! I've never seen the Aladdin show! But I think thats on the plans for this weekend!!!

You have to see it! I have heard people walk out of their saying they felt "they should have paid additional money for a seat in there!" The show is exceptionally good. And quite entertaining.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for sharing your pictures of Aladdin. It's fun to see the dramatic facial expressions. Makes my day after all the stuff we had to get done.
    Happy Birthday! (Dec 2nd I know)
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Disney for life!~

Oh my god about Space mountain!! Iif that happend to me,I would die!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Quote Originally Posted by *SallyStitches* View Post
    Oh my god about Space mountain!! Iif that happend to me,I would die!

Bah, I knew it wasn't JUST me...like I said...the front three cars were..ahem pretty "full"...if you get my meaning...I thought it was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Thanks for sharing your pictures of Aladdin. It's fun to see the dramatic facial expressions. Makes my day after all the stuff we had to get done.
    Happy Birthday! (Dec 2nd I know)
    Aw..I'm so glad to bring a little joy to ya!

• Shablagoo!

I like the neat story about waving to the cahracters from the Hungry Bear. I'll have to try that sometime. Do you have any pics of that.

• I've got the Disney fever

You do the best reports ever!!! I felt like I was there with you!!!

• For You!

Great report!! I hope you had a Happy Birthday! What a great way to spend your evening!

My thoughts on the Aladdin show - the microphones in the middle of the forehead really need to go - it looks like a giant zit!

But thanks for the video clips of the Candlelight processional - I've been dying to see some of it!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• I love loop jokes.

Thanks for the trip report claribella. You got some really good shots oF the Alladin show (it's me fav!!).

I thought you had to be staying at the Grand Californian in order to be able to use their entrance into DCA. Was I wrong about that?

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I like the neat story about waving to the cahracters from the Hungry Bear. I'll have to try that sometime. Do you have any pics of that.
    You know I would take pics but they would all come out way to dark. The lighting ON the Mark Twain as it rides past Hungry Bear is none. So I would just get blackness I have tried. It’s tons of fun though and a great tradition we have. My sister and I, the next time we do it, are going to make a sign that says something like “we love the Mark Twain Characters!” or something. She just likes to see the white rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyella21 View Post
    You do the best reports ever!!! I felt like I was there with you!!!
    Wow, I’m touched. Thanks so much for the compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Great report!! I hope you had a Happy Birthday! What a great way to spend your evening!

My thoughts on the Aladdin show - the microphones in the middle of the forehead really need to go - it looks like a giant zit!

But thanks for the video clips of the Candlelight processional - I've been dying to see some of it!
    Agreed. I guess they figure that the audience can’t see them from where they sit but in the front rows, even without zoom cameras, they are visible.
    But it makes for a better performance though.

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Thanks for the trip report claribella. You got some really good shots oF the Alladin show (it's me fav!!).

I thought you had to be staying at the Grand Californian in order to be able to use their entrance into DCA. Was I wrong about that?

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    To enter DCA through GCH you need to have a hotel key only before 12pm. After 12, anyone may enter through there. Also, you don't have to be staying at GCH only...any of the three hotels.

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes.
    Last edited by clara; 12-05-2006 at 09:15 AM.

Has anyone else noticed that the Iago puppet has slightly changed? It used to have one hand in a wing, and one hand in the puppet for the mouth.
    Now it has one hand for the mouth and one hand for the 2 wings.

The microphones are strategically placed on the forehead because it catches the sound quite clearly, it wont rustle in the clothing (happens all the time), and when people hug each there isn't feedback and more rustling. As much as I agree that it isn't the most attractive way to wear a microphone, the quality of the show stays intact.

Great report and pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast