Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Fate of Old Ride Vehicles (Long Post!)

haha, are you gonna go over there yourself and dig them up?.....I'M IN!!!

how about an old submarine, then you can put it in your front yard, color it yellow, then play the Beatles looped over and over and over

I wouldn't try to drive one of those Indy jeeps, they'll stall on you in a dark tunnel or on a collapsing bridge.

• Sock Puppet

They used to have some of the old vehicles in the que for Rocket Rods I remember. Don't know what they did with those though since I think thats where the buzz ride is now (don't shoot! I haven't been to the park in over 3 years!)

What I want the most is a Bobsled. I miss working that mountain and would love to just go out to my garage and sit in a bobsled every now and then. And maybe check the belts while I'm out there. Sigh....

Though an old Autopia car would be fun too. I did figure out how to disable the speed governor on the old cars when I worked there. That made the ride so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornTodd View Post
    They used to have some of the old vehicles in the que for Rocket Rods I remember. Don't know what they did with those though since I think thats where the buzz ride is now (don't shoot! I haven't been to the park in over 3 years!)

What I want the most is a Bobsled. I miss working that mountain and would love to just go out to my garage and sit in a bobsled every now and then. And maybe check the belts while I'm out there. Sigh....

Though an old Autopia car would be fun too. I did figure out how to disable the speed governor on the old cars when I worked there. That made the ride so much more fun.
    Do tell! do tell!
    Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornTodd View Post

They hung them from the ceiling in the giftshop next to the NASA exibit. It was a big pin shop for the most part. The NASA exibit is gone and now Buzz is in there and exits into the giftshop which still sells mostly pins and some Buzz stuff, I dont remember the vehicles being there over Thanksgiving though. I know I have pics of them somewhere, if I can find them ill try to post them.
    Steve

• ...TWO BITS!

I suggested in another thread they should put these old vehicles as a display of sorts in the Grand Canyon Diorama. Either in a normal show lighting revealing a pristine condition of the vehicals or like how they were blacklit displayed in Rocket Rods. Then rebuild a new either indoor or outdoor Grand Canyon along where Festival Arena is until it reaches the tunnel to Toontown Station. Then the transition to the dinosaur diorama would be easier. That's the basic idea.

It'd be so nice to see PM, Skyway, old Autopia, Rocket Jets, WDW's Sub??, old monorails

BTW, I think a current Autopia car should be on a slow-moving turntable car show display inside Autopia's queue where you see those Chevron cars.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• It's all about Theme!

Just a slightly off topic question, if you dump something to a landfill, is it up for grabs?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Just a slightly off topic question, if you dump something to a landfill, is it up for grabs?
    I think so..... dumps however, they're usually privately owned.

• Koubu Pilot

When the Mark III monorails were being converted to Mark V, a guy named Victor Koman (who loved the Buck Rogers style of the Mark III) made it his mission to save "Old Red". Monorail Red was to be the last train converted and rumor is the old Mark III bodies were simply being crushed in an auto crusher. The process is you remove the Mark III body from the chassis and an replace it with the Mark V body. He was successful and the front car was saved.

The Mouse-o-rail post from earlier is the front car of "Old Red". "Old Red" was last spotted in the Rocket Rods queue.

While on the subject of monorails, Mark IV Monorail Red's front car was also saved. The guy who bought it is one lucky S.O.-uhh, I mean. he's one lucky guy.

Mark IV Monrails Coral and Lime were sold and the entire trains ran between MGM Grand and Bally's during the second half of the '90s. Those two trains were really piloting what would become the Las Vegas Monorail. I think Mouseplanet has pics of the long retired Monorail MGM and Monorail Bally's sitting in the desert and covered in graffiti

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    ...I think Mouseplanet has pics of the long retired Monorail MGM and Monorail Bally's sitting in the desert and covered in graffiti
    can anyone find them... and see if micechat can buy them... then convert them into a nice party train... and let me have the front of the one them for a pool area at my house

We Visited the MouseSurplus warehouse the last time we were in florida and they have a lot of good Disney Stuff.... This includes old ride vehicles
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• It's all about Theme!

UPDATE!

The Atommobiles are rotting in an landfill somewhere in mexico.

themightymicroscope.com has all the info.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

I know that at one time there were ride vehicles on eBay - there were cars from Space Mountain, old Skyway Buckets, and even a boat from Pirates. I bought a lithograph of Jumgle Cruise that actually hung in the DL Hotel.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    i would love to get my hands on a doombuggie
    Oh!!! Me too!!!!!

UPDATE!

The Atommobiles are rotting in an landfill somewhere in mexico.

themightymicroscope.com has all the info.
    lol..... which landfill in Mexico?

(Imagines Innerspace fans flocking to a landfill in Mexico....*giggles*)

• Banned User

The ATIS Vehicles were dumped in a land fill in Central America.
    Mexico, actually.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast