• living to haunt

Lightbulb Disneyland Museum? Or Trash??

This is just a rambling thought and hopefully will start a discussion but not a war. I love Mr. Lincoln, and I will miss taking the grandkids there this month, BUT I also think there is a great need for the history of Disneyland to be told. There was just a thread about what happened to the old rides when they are gone...ride heaven...or crusher hell??? So here is my thought...

Why don't they put Mr. Lincoln back in his spot, for us old sentimental fools, and create a Disneyland Museum in that area call Innovations?
    You know the big building you walk by on the way to the train station in tomorrowland, the one there by Space Mountain, the one that you never see people go into...yeah that one. Could you see it filled with pictures, videos, models, old ride cars, old costumes, and peoples memories of the park. I know it is tomorrowland, but what, if not the future, was Walt thinking about when he built the park. Hey, for you land puritans consider it time travel back to the past, now that is a thing of the future.

I could easily spend time in a place where I could look at the drawings of the rides as they were concieved. You know somewhere in the Disney double locked vaults there are drawings with his notes on them, and pictures that no one has ever seen. Plus the idea of saying..."hey kids that is a people mover car grandma used to ride in that when she was your age.Lets take a picture" Then let people send in their photos of them in front of now gone rides and find a way to have a constant display of the past history of Disneyland. Have videos of the park through all the stages of it's growth, or destruction. This is tomarrowland so use futuristic ways to show the past. The 50th showed that people are interested in the past history of Disneyland, people want to remember, so why not give them what they want?

It is just a thought...add to it and lets build a virtual future museum...

Re: Disneyland Museum? Or Trash??

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    This is just a rambling thought and hopefully will start a discussion but not a war. I love Mr. Lincoln, and I will miss taking the grandkids there this month, BUT I also think there is a great need for the history of Disneyland to be told. There was just a thread about what happened to the old rides when they are gone...ride heaven...or crusher hell??? So here is my thought...

Why don't they put Mr. Lincoln back in his spot, for us old sentimental fools, and create a Disneyland Museum in that area call Innovations?
    You know the big building you walk by on the way to the train station in tomorrowland, the one there by Space Mountain, the one that you never see people go into...yeah that one. Could you see it filled with pictures, videos, models, old ride cars, old costumes, and peoples memories of the park. I know it is tomorrowland, but what, if not the future, was Walt thinking about when he built the park. Hey, for you land puritans consider it time travel back to the past, now that is a thing of the future.

I could easily spend time in a place where I could look at the drawings of the rides as they were concieved. You know somewhere in the Disney double locked vaults there are drawings with his notes on them, and pictures that no one has ever seen. Plus the idea of saying..."hey kids that is a people mover car grandma used to ride in that when she was your age.Lets take a picture" Then let people send in their photos of them in front of now gone rides and find a way to have a constant display of the past history of Disneyland. Have videos of the park through all the stages of it's growth, or destruction. This is tomarrowland so use futuristic ways to show the past. The 50th showed that people are interested in the past history of Disneyland, people want to remember, so why not give them what they want?

It is just a thought...add to it and lets build a virtual future museum...
    I'd prefer using the Disneyland Hotel for such a thing, as well as D.C.A. for exhibits pertaining the conception of Disneyland.

I've always felt that The Magic Kingdom shouldn't comment on itself through attractions like The Walt Disney Story and The Disney Gallery.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I had an idea for this when I pretended to be Disneyland President, but I opted for it to be as part of the new Disneyland Hotel. A reason to make that original worthy of staying in.

Here's the snippet from that thread:

If you can't get everyone to Imagineering, bring it to the guests! This will be a full fledged museum that showcases the history, innovation and creative artistry of Walt Disney Imagineering. Here, guests to the ORIGINAL walt disney park can view the Disneyland that used to be, the Disneyland that it is, and of course... the disneyland that never was. Never before seen artwork, models, sculptures, video, audio... it's all here. Much like the Disney Gallery or any other museum, it will have rotating galleries so that there will always be something new for the Disney afficionado to check out. (and of course it will have a gift shop with one of a kind gifts). The museum will cost $10 to get in, or included on your premium annual pass.

I think Innoventions is good real estate for some rides, as I think an museum with this much potential should be in a permanent home for all guests, and not just ones who are already in Disneyland.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Awesome idea! But....? Do you think Disneyland still has all of theiur old costumes, ride vehicles, etc? It would be cool to have a peoplemover car on display there and the guests could sit inside of it.

• Huh?

Well, you know, apparently some of the original ideas called for the 50th exhibit to be placed in Innoventions along with animatronics from each land's past to play as host for the area.

I'm sure sponsor obligations played part in cutting that idea.
    -Tim

• my two sunshines

Well the Smithsonian has some vintage Disney ride cars (was just there) - I'm sure they have at least the sign, maybe a ride car or two, and all the animatronics in storage - what fun that would be to go into the warehouse, would be like walking through the back lot at an old MGM studio - it gives me goosebumps!

History of DisneyLand past + Futuristic TomorrowLand = Out of place?
    Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MaiRulzYou View Post
    History of DisneyLand past + Futuristic TomorrowLand = Out of place?
    I think it is. Unless you go soooo far into the future that it becomes the past? Or it's a timekeeper ride that goes to Disneyland past. Now THAT'S a circlevision movie I'd go see!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html