Will "The Year of a Million Dreams" Sweepstakes Increase A.P. Attendance?

Or, has it already?

The prizes don't seem especially interesting to me, but variable-ratio positive reinforcement is the most effective kind of behavioral modification.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: Will "The Year of a Million Dreams" Sweepstakes Increase A.P. Attendance?

Unles they step up the prizes and the marketing of said winnings, I don't think it will have an impact.
    Now, if they start advertising "win a million dollars by visiting Disneyland" you'll get all kinds of people showing up. These would be the same folks who buy lottery tickets instead of saving for retirement.

Let the flaming begin
    Last edited by Circarama; 12-05-2006 at 10:05 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Also, most of the prizes are handed out early in the day, and none after 5 PM, many AP holders show up later in the day (such as after work, or after church). I really don't see the benefit to show up early, especially if I can spend 24 cents a day in postage, and get a chance to win both the Disneyland prizes and the WDW prizes, and the postcard makes it so I was at the park at opening until 5 PM (since the computer picks if the prize is going to the park guests, or to the mail in entries).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Senior Minion

I highly doubt it. Personally for me not many of the prizes interest me too much ... well the pin might ... but I'm not hard up for it. Plus, being an AP holder I just go to spend some time and walk around so I go to the park later in the day.

• no flash photography...

I'm not going any more than normal. I did get a tinkerbell million dreams pin, but it wasn't exactly at random....I'm not even sure why i got it. The cm at the cart selling sodas gave it to me.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Also, most of the prizes are handed out early in the day, and none after 5 PM, many AP holders show up later in the day (such as after work, or after church).
    I noticed this to and I usually go later in the day. I would like the cloud eras though.

• no flash photography...

we'll be there bright and early tomorrow. We'll see what happens. I have not even seen the dream peopel on any of my past trips.

• Senior Minion

And what do these dream people look like? Anybody have pictures?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    And what do these dream people look like? Anybody have pictures?
    They were blue shirts and have bags with their names on them.

And you sig is NO lie...it broke me!