View Poll Results: Disneyland Vs. Magic Kingdom: Fantasyland

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland's Fantasyland is Better.

22 95.65%
  • Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland is better.

0 0%
  • Both are great!

1 4.35%
  • None!

0 0%

• It's all about Theme!

Smile Disneyland Vs. Magic Kingdom: Fantasyland

You Decide!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Vs. Magic Kingdom: Fantasyland

Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland has gone downhill. Disneyland's for sure. Its the original.

• Jambo!

Well, lets look at this. First off Magic Kingdom's theme is the "renaissance fair" style theme that Disneyland's Fantasyland used to have be eventually traded in for a more Storybook feel, but what this means for Magic Kingdom is that it looks somewhat plain and unappealing, while Disneyland feels as alsmot youve walked into the stories themselves.

Now as for rides, they are almost practically identical... keyword: ALMOST. Both have Pan, Snow White, Dumbo,Tea Cups, and Its a Small World, but with Disneyland having the original version of theme all they seem be better, especially Its a Small World. But Magic Kingdom has a better Tea Cups set up in my opinion just because it has the closed in space.

Now, lets talk about Unique attractions, the things that usually get you the major points. Disneyland has the Matterhorn, the first of the Disney mountains, whether it be pre or post refurb, its still a classic and first of its kind. Disneyland also has Pinocchio, Mr. Toad (though WDW version was better), Casey Jr., Storybookland Canals, and Alice. All Disney classics in their own right. But Magic Kingdom has a couple recent additions that really help it, such as the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Mickey's Philharmagic. Disneyland may have more, Magic Kingdom has more "new" stuff.

Now since this is Fantasyland, you have to factor in the castles as well. Sleeping Beauty Castle, though a symbol of fantasy for 50 years, compared to the majestic Cinderella castle, it looks a little dumpy. That's not to say it's not nice, because it fits perfectly with the more intimate feel of Disneyland, but as far as epic scale and a more memorable castle, I have to give it to Magic Kingdom.

Overall, Fantasyland as a whole at both parks are quite nice, Disneyland has the advantage of many rides and a better theme, while Magic Kingdom has the benefit of having recent attractions added, but thats not enough to edge out its Cali counterpart. My vote's for Disneyland.

• ...TWO BITS!

Kinda repeating from above. MK has the fair look which I dislike. DL has the storybook feel. MK's Peter Pan is omnimover-like which I dislike but has more capacity. DL's has only one row seating. If redone for 2 rows, more capacity, but I still like it. From what I know, MK's Snow White is a little better. MK's teacups looks better (with the prop in the middle). But it's covered up, unlike DL's open-air. I like DL's. DL kinda has a mini-Alice in Wonderland land (teacups & darkride that goes on top of Mr. Toad...) and a mini-Dumbo land (spinner & train). Although MK's Little Mermaid is located better, DL's had a nifty water area. DL's Small World is better. DL has the Fantasyland Theater, but I guess MK's Philarmagic is the equivalent. MK has Pooh (although a British-European setting, within the castle? Mr. Toad fits better to me), DL has Storybook boat ride. Yes, MK lost Toad to Pooh, but they lost Subs to Pooh yet again. Now that was a big blow. MK uses the skyway for stroller parking... DL can do limited things with little space.

Overall DL fits me best.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• AFI And MCR Fanatic

I like DL style and ambiance much more than the MK fairground style.

Mk's fantasyland is to carnivally
    pshhh i guess

• Premium Youngling and

The Fantasyland in MK is really crappy. Ours is way better.

• The one, the only...

MK has a fantastic Castle, with the wonderful experience of dining with princesses. But other than that, Disneyland is better. There are many more rides for kids to enjoy.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Popular Princess

DL, not doubt! i found the magic kingdom fantasyland boring and uninviting, but that may have just been me. it just did not compare to DL's fantasyland.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Sock Puppet

DL Fantasyland all the way. According to Walt's wishes, this is what he hoped Fantasyland would look like; a fairy tale village. However, cash was in low supply and as a result he was forced to put in the fair-type area with the Pirate Ship Seafood Restaurant. As a result, because becoming a park based off of the original, WDW copied DL's original look. They were almost identical till the 80s when DL was redone. However, we have always had The Matterhorn. Therefore, I feel with the combination of the Old Skyway station, bell towers, and woodsy architecture, that Fantasyland is a fairy-tale village set around Matterhorn Mountain. It all fits together. I see no styling clash on this side of the mountain like some claim.

In terms of rides, I don't know. I still think on the whole DL gets the bigger slice. Mr. Toad I guess I'll never see in WDW, so I can't compare them. I find it hard to believe that it was so much better than DL as some claim.

But in any event. DL gets my vote. It's just so perfectly sized and intimate I feel immersed yet not intimidated by a monster castle. I do wish we could still go inside...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

There's no comparison. Disneyland has so many more unqiue rides along with the wonderful architecture. Even if MK had the architecture, it still doesn't have the amount of attractions to put up a fair fight (this seems to be the reasoning of any DL vs MK thread).

There's nothing quite the Small World exterior at DL too. It's just a symbol for all to endure. The Medieval Fair style at MK is embarassing even when compared to DCA.

I REALLY hope they turn it around because it's sad.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I would have to agree with just about everything except for "it's a small world". I honestly find the flooded set at MK to be way superior to the DL chute-type arrangement. The facade at DL is completely awesome, but the designers were showing great concern when they did not duplicate this in Florida. With the Floridian climate, could you imagine how horrible it would look by now. The new refurb in Orlando is very nice, and I think it's a very good representation of the original.

The only place where MK beats out DL is with Philharmagic, I cannot stress enough how wonderful of an attraction this one is. There are very few attractions that leave me practically in tears, this is the only one guaranteed to. The other attractions I could give or take.

I love Sleeping Beauty Castle, but Cinderella Castle is pure magic. Anyone who has not stood before it and just gazed at its majesty is truly missing out. This castle is wonderful, and I have to say that it is far better than Sleeping Beauty's. However, I do think that had Walt had the funding he would have liked to build DL in 55, Sleeping Beauty Castle may have very well resembled Cinderella Castle, so I don't feel like I am betraying any legacies, just admiring some very well done work.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV