View Poll Results: Which Land should the new "Finding Nemo" ride be themed under?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasyland

27 38.57%
  • Tomorrowland

25 35.71%
  • I don't care.

12 17.14%
  • I'm unsure.

6 8.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Nemo Subs - Tomorrowland or Fantasyland?

Tomorrowland only because in a few years from now they can remove the Nemo overlay and change it into a more serious futuristic attraction.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I voted "I don't care" because I really don't anymore. The ride's coming back, I'd like to see it before I say anything more.

The ride is located in Tomorrowland, the theme is fantasy. That's quite the dillema isn't it? But of course, that area of Tomorrowland to me was always some neutral zone where the Subs, Monorail, and Autopia exist along with Fantasyland's Matterhorn (and the ex-autopia and motor boat cruise). As futuristic as they make the monorail, it's a very modern mode of transportation now so it makes no difference to me.

Tomorrowland Fantasyland... that area is fair game to me serving as a very blurred border to seperate the extremes of tomorrow and fantasy.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

Hmmm, the old subs easily fit into tomorrowland, being as the deep blue is as mysterious as space itself, but with the new addition, i'm not so sure.

Maybe they should make a new land, the "Miscellaneousland"

I vote unsure

• Loves Fajita!

I would say either one... its not quite in the middle of either so it would not throw it off that much.... if it were right next to space or star tours then it may seem out of place

• finally a teacher!

Yes children, in the next great big beautiful tomorrow, you will have the ability to communicate with cartoon fish... 0_o I suppose with a little stretch of the imagination Tomorrowland could work, although I would say it seems to fit better in Fantasyland.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Tomorrowland only because in a few years from now they can remove the Nemo overlay and change it into a more serious futuristic attraction.
    Uhm, sorry to inform this isn't a simple overlay.. It's an entire rebuild around this movie, the entire inside of the caverns has been rebuilt, everything has been rebuilt. If you wanted to change it in a few years they'd have to tear it all apart and rebuild.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Picturing the Magic

fantasyland for sure

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• No marbles to begin with!

I say Tomorrowland since I still think submarines are technologicaly advanced. Underwater exploration is kind of techy. Although the ones at Disneyland aren't. But, I still say Tomorrowland for a splash of color.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

Tomorrowland 1. Unless Tomorrowland is redrawn, that is where it is physically located. 2. It is effectively connected and intertwined with Autopia and the Monorail, both well established Tomorrowland attractions. It would be awkward to have a Fantasyland attraction in the center. 3. It IS recreating nuclear powered submarines, and these ones don't seem to military subs. For the most part, recreational submarines are something of the future (I know some form of them already exists, but that that twisting an explanation. They aren't as common as personal prop planes or motorboats). 4. The Nemo storylines is contemporary. All of the Fantasyland attractions either take in the past, or like iasw, are timeless. 5. The Captain EO segment in the caves for the finale just clinches it, Tomorrowland is the correct choice.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Have always agreed with this. Submarines can still possibly travel to the unexplored "LIQUID SPACE". And the lagoon could be considered a lagoon full of fantasy Nemo characters .

So that's like saying the Subs are Tomorrowland while the Lagoon is in Fantasyland, haha
    Well, if we know more about outer space than our own oceans, I believe the ocean falls under the future category

It is a transition ride. It always has been. You tell me what's futuristic about mermaids.

Being located next to the Matterhorn that has switched between the two said lands give a fairly good indicator that the whole area is a bit of a transition too.

I think people are being far too anal on this subject

So, I don't care. I want the Subs back in a fresh and delightful form working in the park. That's the most important thing to me.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yay! More love and support for "i don't care" because the answer to the question is that they're both right. Now if they actually extended the entrance to this ride across from the matterhorn (where the smokers are), this could very well be fantasyland.

The Matterhorn is in an odd place as it is since it's the only attraction now on the right side of the parade route. Even Small World lies on the left side of the parade route. So with that said, Matterhorn is kind of some unfantasy fantasyland.

And the subs are in tomorrowland but are in the very back of it. Oh well. That's just the way it is. I'll love going on the ride regardless of where it belongs.

...because it will belong in all of our hearts!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The Matterhorn is in an odd place as it is since it's the only attraction now on the right side of the parade route. Even Small World lies on the left side of the parade route. So with that said, Matterhorn is kind of some unfantasy fantasyland.
    Ooh I like that! I've never really thought about IASW being similar to the Matterhorn in the "unfantasy" fashion. You know, add another attraction to the southwest of IASWand they could probably make that another land...

I voted Fantasyland, although I've come to think "I don't care". I realize the subs were about "liquid space" and the transportation theme, but neither really have to do with the future. I guess it depends on what the definition of "Tomorrowland" is.

If Nemo wasn't in it, I wouldn't have a problem with it being in Tomorrowland (though it's kinda unfantasy like the Matterhorn). But having Nemo just screws it up and makes me want to slot in under fantasy; maybe the fish need some intergalactic suits on and fight Zurg, then it'll feel more futuristic.

Anyways, regardless, it's going to be in Tomorrowland. The ride is much too close to the Monorail and Autopia, and although they could've moved the entrance elsewhere, they chose not to. So Tomorrowland it is.
    - Paul

• Zero Blockout Dates

NOTHING about a ride called Finding Nemo sounds futuristic or "Tomorrow" to me.
    FAntasyland ... But that's JMO~YMMV
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    NOTHING about a ride called Finding Nemo sounds futuristic or "Tomorrow" to me.
    FAntasyland ... But that's JMO~YMMV
    Agreed. I was pretty disappointed when they didn't bother moving the queue next to the Matterhorn. Although, I suppose if they had done that then there would have been less money for other features in the ride. It's a catch 22 I suppose.

...Joe...

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I think far too much emphasis has been placed on the strict theming lately.

By all respects, Star Tours has no place in Tomorrowland because it was set "a long time ago...".

Ultimately, I think that the two most important things in Disneyland is that it still maintains a generational appeal and it ultimately fulfils the legacy that Walt set out. If Walt was blessed with immortality, he may have done away with the 'lands' altogether. Who knows? We simply can't start second guessing what should and shouldn't be.

More importantly, if it feels right, do it. The Subs have a history with Tomorrowland, and while returning to the history of Tomorrow may seem contradictory, the land has taken a retro-future approach more recently. Perhaps the most compelling argument for its inclusion in Tomorrowland is the desperate need for E-Tickets/Big attractions in the land, having always struggled to maintain a vision of the future.

If the Subs are done just right, and I suspect they just might be, they will have something resembling a timeless retro-appeal. With something as inconstant as the future, that's the best you could hope for.

Besides, re-theming it as Fantasyland would further eat into the already meagre Tomorrowland, making it even more likely that it will be further marginalised in the future. That, I think, would be a greater tragedy than a slightly mis-themed attraction.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast