View Poll Results: Which Land should the new "Finding Nemo" ride be themed under?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasyland

27 38.57%
  • Tomorrowland

25 35.71%
  • I don't care.

12 17.14%
  • I'm unsure.

6 8.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Nemo Subs - Tomorrowland or Fantasyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    By all respects, Star Tours has no place in Tomorrowland because it was set "a long time ago...".
    A few people have said the same lately, but Star Wars is about civilization, advancement, and technology.

In the same way that "20,000 Leagues under the Sea", for example, was set in the Victorian era, the inherent futurism of Star Wars is timeless.

Its appeal is in its ability to be visionary in much the same way as most other science fiction.

We all know current Disney cares more about synergy than theming. They dump Monsters Inc attractions in Tommorowland in WDW and TDL. Then we see the California theme of DCA ignored completely. Rumors of Jack Sparrow wandering TSI with his men (I am glad that they are loosely tieing it to Mark Twain). Now we hear of a possible Incredible's themed people mover. Soon we will see TL in DL used as another dumping ground for another ill-fitting attraction. Disney is more concerned with where they can shove new rides rather than making the ride fit the tapestry of the land.

It would have been so easy for Disney to make Nemo fit. Reverse track and have loading dock built opposite side of lagoon. Use the MBC area as a que. Nemo would be in FL, it would have a large, nice, hidden, and well themed que rather than switchbacks under the monorail station.

And TL wouldn't have to take a loss. They could add lagoon side seating for a futuristic aquarium restraunt. Or carve out a small enough area to put in the aquatopia, a ride which requires little room and fits TL.

But why didn't they do this simple thing? Too much work. It is much easier to make switchbacks where a line once existed. Easier to do what was done before, but with a layover. And basically, because it's "good enough." Will Nemo destroy TL? no. Will the line basically do it's job once the crowds die down? Sure. Will it be incredibly popular? You bet. So in their mind, why go the extra mile and make the attraction wonderful when it will be popular enough without the creativity.

So if you see something out of place, a ride with a jumbled crowded unthemed que, or an attraction lacking the pop of classic Disney attractions, you can thank Disney's top men for their new theory on "good enough."

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Thumbs up Re: Nemo Subs - Tomorrowland or Fantasyland?

::sigh:: I couldn't agree with you more. I'd give you rep. points, but I guess I need to wait a little longer to give you some more. Great statements!

...Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    We all know current Disney cares more about synergy than theming. They dump Monsters Inc attractions in Tommorowland in WDW and TDL. Then we see the California theme of DCA ignored completely. Rumors of Jack Sparrow wandering TSI with his men (I am glad that they are loosely tieing it to Mark Twain). Now we hear of a possible Incredible's themed people mover. Soon we will see TL in DL used as another dumping ground for another ill-fitting attraction. Disney is more concerned with where they can shove new rides rather than making the ride fit the tapestry of the land.

It would have been so easy for Disney to make Nemo fit. Reverse track and have loading dock built opposite side of lagoon. Use the MBC area as a que. Nemo would be in FL, it would have a large, nice, hidden, and well themed que rather than switchbacks under the monorail station.

And TL wouldn't have to take a loss. They could add lagoon side seating for a futuristic aquarium restraunt. Or carve out a small enough area to put in the aquatopia, a ride which requires little room and fits TL.

But why didn't they do this simple thing? Too much work. It is much easier to make switchbacks where a line once existed. Easier to do what was done before, but with a layover. And basically, because it's "good enough." Will Nemo destroy TL? no. Will the line basically do it's job once the crowds die down? Sure. Will it be incredibly popular? You bet. So in their mind, why go the extra mile and make the attraction wonderful when it will be popular enough without the creativity.

So if you see something out of place, a ride with a jumbled crowded unthemed que, or an attraction lacking the pop of classic Disney attractions, you can thank Disney's top men for their new theory on "good enough."

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

I was hoping that when they drained the Motor boat cruise area that they were thinking of using that as the queue...then they could make it into a Fantasyland attraction.

WDW dropped the ball by filling in the 20, 000 leagues ride. It was RIGHT in Fantasyland...they could have make a totally appropriate Finding Nemo ride.

Ours however might be themed to the future...and exploration of the oceans, so we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    It is a transition ride. It always has been. You tell me what's futuristic about mermaids.
    I'm with you. There have always been fantasy aspects to the ride with the mermaids, atlantis, and the sea serpent. I'll wait until I actually ride the attraction to decide what land it is in. SO put me in the Idon;t care category.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123