• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Confusion About the "BLAB Track"...

I've read countelss amounts of times that the track that Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters uses is actually the same route of an old track for an old attraction. My question is, what was this so-called attraction? All I remember being in that space before BLAB and the Rocket Rods queue was the Circlevision theatre, yes? I'm so confused...someone please help me!

Re: Confusion About the "BLAB Track"...

[quote=pineapplewhipaddict;1173644]I've read countelss amounts of times that the track that Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters uses is actually the same route of an old track for an old attraction. My question is, what was this so-called attraction? All I remember being in that space before BLAB and the Rocket Rods queue was the Circlevision theatre, yes? I'm so confused...someone please help me! I believe that is referring to the Buzz Lightyear SPACE RANGER SPIN attraction at the Magic Kindgom in WDW. I don't remember which attraction it replaced. In Disneyland, Buzz occupies the space of the former Circlevision theater, which had no track.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Roar!

yeah. that info is for the buzz lightyear ride at WDW. it replaced dreamflight

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Yup what they said. DL BLAB was built from the ground up....to convenitly fit in Circle-Visions all around the world. Ok well maybe not but ours, DLP, and TDL all have almost the same lay out to fit the circle-vision building they both took over In reailty only 1 Buzz attraction has been built as a Buzz attraction and that is HKDL. All the other ones have been shoe horned into something that was already there.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Someone may be confused with Monsters Inc. at DCA which uses the same track as the old Superstar Limo??
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Minion FOREVER!

Yup, What everybody's already said...

In WDW, BLAB (or BL Space Ranger Spin) replaced a ride called DreamFlight

Here's the link to the Wikipedia article It has an link to an article on DreamFlight as well.

In DL, it was just the Circlevision and the "circlevision used as Rocket Rods queue".

I don't know how much of the Dreamflights, Ranger Spin uses, my guess is a lot
    of the omnimover system.

• ...TWO BITS!

What they said.

Plus this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-9ILjukzk

There MIGHT have been something else before that or it was upgraded to the latest Dreamflights...

Kinda funny that Dreamflights' queue was themed liked the airport... now there's Soarin'! haha.

In the video's first show scene(s), there'a a spinning thing of various scenes of I guess flight. I think that's where the Buzz vehicles are "energized" by a disco ball... haha, funny description, ain't it!? I'm kinda glad DL didn't get that. Was kinda pointless to me but they needed it... "Super Sonic Takeoff" looks untouched but with different projections...
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 12-06-2006 at 05:27 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park