• Closed Account

Any Mine Train Photos or Stories?

NEED PHOTOS AND STORIES ON NEW BOOK ABOUT THE MINE TRAIN ATTRACTION AT DISNEYLAND

Former Mine Train operator Joe Burns, with assistance from me, is soon going to begin working on a high quality, coffee table type book about the Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland which closed in 1977. This comprehensive, hard cover book will contain numerous photos, in color and black & white. If you are open to loaning photos for this project please see Joe's information below.

Joe was editor-in-chief of "Backstage Disneyland" and has been a magazine editor for Iwerks Entertainment, Composite Image Systems and EFILM. The audience for these full color magazines was the motion picture industry and theme park professionals. As a member of the "Order of the Red Handkerchief" (a group of former Mine Train operators), Joe created the 11 inch by 17 inch membership certificate that was offered to all men in the ORH.

The goal of this book project is to create a definitive history of the Mine Train at Disneyland. That history will include short bios about the people who designed and worked the attraction. If you have a Mine Train story (and photos of yourself or the attraction) please send them in. A name and address on the back of each photo would be helpful so personal items can be returned, or a high-resolution scan will do if you do not wish to send originals.

If you have leads on people who might have Mine Train stories please send that information along also. This is going to be a giant project, but it's time to get started and do it right. Hope you all have clear track and green lights for the rest of 2005.

Joe Burns
    Box 4656
    San Luis Obispo, Calif. 93403

[email protected]

805-546-1011

• Theme Park Advocate

Oh Cool! When the book comes out I want it! Any information anyone has and pictures people post will be thrilling. Of all the yesterland attractions this has been the the one that I have had the most intrest in and found the least amount on info about. Yea! I can't wait to see what people derdge up.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Amen. Can't wait to see pics and read up on this attraction.

• Closed Account

Joe apparently has a collection of photos he might be able to use, but we'd both love to be able to use photos from fans as well, if the initla source doesn't follow through. With all the threads here recently with photos, I'm hoping we can scour up a few of this neglected attraction.

This is very exciting news.

This was one of my all-time favorite attractions at the park. There was something very magical about slowly winding by and behind a waterfall along the ROA.

I will have to scour my parents photo books for some items to submit!
    The Mur

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I'm pretty sure NWRREngineer is one of MiceChat's biggest fans of the Mine Train, I would PM him and see if he has any pics for the project.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Hot Dog! Another book to add to my library.

Did you ever meet or know David Mumford? He wrote the Nickel Tour and was a good friend of mine...

• Sock Puppet