Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Haunted Disneyland?

Ran across this thread while doing some surfing, I know you all would probably have fun picking this one apart

http://www.tapsforums.com/index.php?...0138#msg350138

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    I totally LOVE T.A.P.S.!!!! I'm on their forum - same screenname. But, I never have time to look. Thanks for posting this!!! I wonder if Disney would ever allow a "Ghost Hunters" episode to be shot at the park? Doubtful, but that would be SO cool!

I've been scanning their forums since before they had a TV show, just one of the many subjects of interest I've got bookmarked to make my day chained to a computer go faster

That site and this one tend to get most of my forum attention although I rarely post at either site.

Hell, I admit it I come here mostly to lust after Dustysage and Disguy's avatars .

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I now feel compelled to sit outside the mansion watching for the second candle to float by. It'd be great if Disney allowed them to do the show, but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Official Mice Chat person

Hmm.. interesting.. I read a few falce stories while reading through, like how you can see a guys chopped off head on the Matterhorn! C'mon!

Lets see... not sure where all the decapitation stories came from. The real stories are bad enough, no need to cut off heads to embellish. The two Matterhorn deaths (Mark Maples-'64 & Dolly Young-'84) came from either the person standing up or getting tossed up from not wearing a seatbelt. Neither lost their head.
    The Christmas eve '98 accident on the Mark Twain dock involved a cleat being ripped out when the ship was tied up and still moving at the dock. Two people were struck by the flying cleat and one of them died 2 days later after life support was pulled.
    The man who was run over by the Monorail train was pretty close to the truth.
    The accident was recent enough that nobody should have been confused about how Mr Torres died. The description on that post makes it sound like some sort of mystery.
    The Peoplemover, Rivers of America and America Sings also had some tragic deaths.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Hmm.. interesting.. I read a few falce stories while reading through, like how you can see a guys chopped off head on the Matterhorn! C'mon!
    That's a new one. I know about the guy standing up on Matterhorn and getting knocked down the mountain and died but I don't believe he was decapitated. I do know the Matterhorn is haunted though by the spirit of the lady that was killed on the ride in the 80's.

Also hearing that Walt's apartment was the Disney Gallery. Hmmmm....I thought that was for visiting dignitaries and Walt's apartment was above the Firehouse. I do know Walt's Spirit does haunt the Gallery though. Where else would you expect an artist to haunt except an Art Gallery of course.

I know of other hauntings there too.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee
    Lets see... not sure where all the decapitation stories came from. The real stories are bad enough, no need to cut off heads to embellish. The two Matterhorn deaths (Mark Maples-'64 & Dolly Young-'84) came from either the person standing up or getting tossed up from not wearing a seatbelt. Neither lost their head.
    The Christmas eve '98 accident on the Mark Twain dock involved a cleat being ripped out when the ship was tied up and still moving at the dock. Two people were struck by the flying cleat and one of them died 2 days later after life support was pulled.
    The man who was run over by the Monorail train was pretty close to the truth.
    The accident was recent enough that nobody should have been confused about how Mr Torres died. The description on that post makes it sound like some sort of mystery.
    The Peoplemover, Rivers of America and America Sings also had some tragic deaths.

My dad was working there the days that the guy stood up and got knocked down the matterhorn and the day the guy was turned into mincemeat by the Monorail. The peoplemover story was all wrong though. A guy hoppping cars, during grad night of course, slipped and fell. He grabbed onto the hair of the girl he was with but to no avail. I heard he does haunt that portion of the ride.
    PirateMunkee

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    Also hearing that Walt's apartment was the Disney Gallery. Hmmmm....I thought that was for visiting dignitaries and Walt's apartment was above the Firehouse. I do know Walt's Spirit does haunt the Gallery though. Where else would you expect an artist to haunt except an Art Gallery of course.

I know of other hauntings there too.
    There is a BIG differance between "House" and "Apartment". Lol. The apartment over the firehouse was a temp thing. For when he was in town. The house located above POTC was supposed to be a true house for him to LIVE in. He had a dining room set for visiters and stuff. From what I remember, he died BEFORE it was compleated. I do think that he did have dinners though since I remember he put microphones in the fake flowers around the room so he can hear peoples conversations when he left the room. I dont know if that was paranoia or he just did not want to be left out of the conversation when he was away

When I was a CM,(2001) for store ops, I heard about the PeopleMover ghost. Now maybe this is just somthing to tell new hires, but the legend is some CMs have gone up to pull stock a the Star Trader. The PM track wall is on the other side of the stockroom. Now some Star Trader CMs have gone up to get somthing, and it appears that a young guest has wandered into the stockroom. After saying somthing like "hey you should'nt be here" or somthing, he doesnt say a word. Just as they approched guest, he smiles and runs through the wall torwards the PM track! This has truamatized the CM's that have seen it. Or so the story goes...

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

BAH! Everyplace is haunted if someone can make a buck off of it.

So, people mostly come back from the dead to hang around places where they died because of their own stupidity? Great. Thats not very encouraging. So much for Darwin.

Everytime you hear one of these stories just remember that someone is chuckling all the way to the bank.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Code V
    When I was a CM,(2001) for store ops, I heard about the PeopleMover ghost. Now maybe this is just somthing to tell new hires, but the legend is some CMs have gone up to pull stock a the Star Trader. The PM track wall is on the other side of the stockroom. Now some Star Trader CMs have gone up to get somthing, and it appears that a young guest has wandered into the stockroom. After saying somthing like "hey you should'nt be here" or somthing, he doesnt say a word. Just as they approched guest, he smiles and runs through the wall torwards the PM track! This has truamatized the CM's that have seen it. Or so the story goes...
    I would say it's true. If I got to haunt Disneyland I would be smiling too. I really would love to haunt Pirates!!!!
    PirateMunkee

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    BAH! Everyplace is haunted if someone can make a buck off of it.

So, people mostly come back from the dead to hang around places where they died because of their own stupidity? Great. Thats not very encouraging. So much for Darwin.

Everytime you hear one of these stories just remember that someone is chuckling all the way to the bank.

I lived in an actual Haunted House when living in Oakland. Full blown poltergiest activity. Doors opening and closing on their own. Lights turning themselves off on their own. Things flying across rooms. We never called anyone on this nor try to make a buck. We wanted are privacy and not strangers we didn't know "investigating" our home. Besides, we think it was my grandfather. We had some domestic probelms going on that he was pissed off about. He died in the Naval Hospital on the base we were living in and soon afterwards the poltergiest activity started happening. I wasn't chuckling about it, more like scared as hell about it, and I certainally am not headed towards the bank. Unless of course you want to send me some money and I will go head to the bank to deposit it.
    PirateMunkee

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I do think that he did have dinners though since I remember he put microphones in the fake flowers around the room so he can hear peoples conversations when he left the room. I dont know if that was paranoia or he just did not want to be left out of the conversation when he was away
    This is actually the Trophy Room at Club 33- There is an animatronic vulture and microphones placed throughout the room. Disney did plan to interact with guests this way, but died before they were ever used.

What is now the Disney Gallery had been originally planned as a residence for the Disney family (the one above the firehouse was meant to be temporary). Again, he died before it was completed and the space was used as offices until the Disney Gallery was opened in the 80's.

Anyway, just clearing it up- it bugged me to when I read it on that board.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    This is actually the Trophy Room at Club 33- There is an animatronic vulture and microphones placed throughout the room. Disney did plan to interact with guests this way, but died before they were ever used.

What is now the Disney Gallery had been originally planned as a residence for the Disney family (the one above the firehouse was meant to be temporary). Again, he died before it was completed and the space was used as offices until the Disney Gallery was opened in the 80's.

Anyway, just clearing it up- it bugged me to when I read it on that board.
    Thanks for clearing it up, but I had the basics

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast