Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1

    • I've got the Disney fever
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    929

    Annual Passholder Question.

    My husband and I are getting the best APs, and we live in San Diego and have a toddler. I LOVE Disneyland that's the only reason my husband is going along with it. We said that if we go at least 3 times it will pay for itself, and not having to pay for parking is a definate plus. But in your opinion what are the advantages and such for having an AP? I'd sure like some other input, thanks.




  2. #2

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyella21 View Post
    But in your opinion what are the advantages and such for having an AP?
    Shopping, food, and Disney hotel discounts. Getting advanced info and purchasing opportunities for special events such as the Halloween Treat.

    But really the biggest advantage is being able to enter DL on any day...what more advantage would you need?

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a shop on Main Street
    Posts
    1,924

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    My family all has PAPs and some advantages are:

    • We can go 365 days a year
    • Free parking at Mickey & Friends
    • Dinning discounts
    • Merchandise discounts
    • AP events or priority in buying tickets for upcoming events
    • Discounts at the 3 Disneyland hotels
    • Discounts at Downtown Disney

  4. #4

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    16

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    Well sorry to bum you out but you DO have to pay for parking
    I think it'a about $50 for the year ontop of the the AP.
    But you only get it on one of your passes
    Otherwise HAVE FUN!

  5. #5

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Spalding View Post
    Well sorry to bum you out but you DO have to pay for parking
    I think it'a about $50 for the year ontop of the the AP.
    But you only get it on one of your passes
    Otherwise HAVE FUN!
    Not for the Premium pass.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    To be able to go into the park,enjoy what sparks your interest for that moment,leave, come back another day and do something different-over and over. Just to enjoy the park at your leisure......

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,852
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    I was about to say the parking comes on the Premium Passes.. Also you can add stroller for $49 a year to any pass... Saw that the other day when renewing. Anyways, I am a cm and I maintain my PAP... I love that thing...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.






  8. #8

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Just around the riverbend
    Posts
    8,057

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    I have a PAP and have to say that it more then pays in itself when you consider that it takes care of parking, admission - and the fact you get discounts on dining and merchandise in the parks along with Downtown Disney.


  9. #9

    • Space Mountain Fanboy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    166

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    I live in San Diego too and I have a Premium AP. I've been to DL over 20 times this past year. So mine definitely paid for itself.

    Before I bought it I was worried I might not even go 3 times, but having one tends to make you want to go more often too.

    It's a great deal because of the free parking and the 15% off food.

  10. #10

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,271

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyella21 View Post
    My husband and I are getting the best APs, and we live in San Diego and have a toddler. I LOVE Disneyland that's the only reason my husband is going along with it. We said that if we go at least 3 times it will pay for itself, and not having to pay for parking is a definate plus. But in your opinion what are the advantages and such for having an AP? I'd sure like some other input, thanks.
    Depends on if you would have gone three times without the AP.
    "three times" = three days, or = three trips of two or three days each? I'm thinking the latter, since you can get 2-day passes for $116 and 3-day passes for $149.

    It also depends on whether you really want to go even more than you otherwise would. With a toddler ( < 3), and if you're not working, you could easily go on a non-busy weekday and treat your child to a nice, uncrowded DL. From SD, it should be less than 2 hours, traffic willing.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saugus, CA
    Posts
    253

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrian View Post
    I live in San Diego too and I have a Premium AP. I've been to DL over 20 times this past year. So mine definitely paid for itself.

    Before I bought it I was worried I might not even go 3 times, but having one tends to make you want to go more often too.

    It's a great deal because of the free parking and the 15% off food.
    I would definetly agree. I got my Delux AP back in September and have used it four times and probably will go 8-10 times this year on the pass when normally I would go two or three. It gives you freedom as have been mentioned before to go between the parks and the dining discounts and discounts at DtD.

  12. #12

    • I've got the Disney fever
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    929

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Depends on if you would have gone three times without the AP.
    "three times" = three days, or = three trips of two or three days each? I'm thinking the latter, since you can get 2-day passes for $116 and 3-day passes for $149.

    It also depends on whether you really want to go even more than you otherwise would. With a toddler ( < 3), and if you're not working, you could easily go on a non-busy weekday and treat your child to a nice, uncrowded DL. From SD, it should be less than 2 hours, traffic willing.
    That's a very good point! I am a stay at home mom, so days I don't feel like staying home would be a nice little day trip leave early (he sleeps on the way) do fun stuff till he gets tired (and he sleeps home) You are a genius!




  13. #13

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    We're in NorCal and have the PAP.

    It's a great value.

    Works for us!

    Enjoy!

  14. #14

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,271

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyella21 View Post
    That's a very good point! I am a stay at home mom, so days I don't feel like staying home would be a nice little day trip leave early (he sleeps on the way) do fun stuff till he gets tired (and he sleeps home) You are a genius!
    Tell me something I don't know!!

    (jk. Thanks for the compliment.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    217

    Re: Annual Passholder Question.

    I live in San Diego and all I can say is, "I LOVE MY PAP!!!" I've been to the park more than 15 times this year and my pass has definitely paid itself off. Just think about the savings you get- free parking (premium only), 15% on food and 10% on merchandise. That alone sounds great. But you also get other perks like being able to purchase tickets in advanced for special events.
    And really, I like the fact that I don't have to do everything when I'm at the parks, since I know I can come back anytime. I can avoid the really long lines!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Annual Passholder Rates Released
    By Lindsy1052 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 05:31 AM
  2. New Annual Passholder Dining Pins
    By kennygman77 in forum Pin Trading
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 10:47 AM
  3. An annual passholder insight...
    By EPCOT1982 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 09:13 AM
  4. Patina Annual Passholder Event?
    By disney_leonard in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 10:40 PM
  5. Annual-Passholder: How To Track # of Visits?
    By snappy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 12:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •