Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• 88 mph

Re: How about replacing the parking lot trams with the Peoplemover?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Another benefit of the trams, if one breaks down, then the trams will continue, just going past the one broken down.

If one vehicle breaks down on the Monorail/People Mover tracks, then the entire system comes to a halt until the vehicle can be removed for the tracks.
    Holy hell i can see the news headlines.
    "Thousands stuck at Disneyland, cannot go home"

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    What do you think?
    Nope.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    Holy hell i can see the news headlines.
    "Thousands stuck at Disneyland, cannot go home"
    Well ... for those not stuck on the PeopleMover type contraption they could walk to the parking structure. But, I still don't like the idea ... keep the trams.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    Well ... for those not stuck on the PeopleMover type contraption they could walk to the parking structure. But, I still don't like the idea ... keep the trams.
    True
    Revised Headline
    "Thousands forced to walk on an Exodus to leave Disneyland, similar to that of the march in the "Ten Commandments".

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I've had to wait many of times for a tram to get to the parking structure, anywhere between 10 to 20 mins. To me, that's not constantly moving. However, if they had a PeopleMover type tram that was constantly moving, guests would never have to wait at all, but just hop on board as soon as they got to the loading platform.
    I've had to wait 20-30 minutes many times, and w/ small children its not easy. When they operate all the trams to its full capacity, it really is a high capacity transportation system, but they typicall only run at 40-50 percent capacity most of the day.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I've had to wait many of times for a tram to get to the parking structure, anywhere between 10 to 20 mins. To me, that's not constantly moving. However, if they had a PeopleMover type tram that was constantly moving, guests would never have to wait at all, but just hop on board as soon as they got to the loading platform.
    I think this is a great idea - however, what about the stroller issue? Sometimes it's difficult to fold them up or unfold them or whatever. That could pose an issue. Strollers aside, I think this is a great idea.

• Hooterville, USA

How about parking in the old lot where we used to and walk to the front gate.

Oh that's right, they put DCA there.

Stoopid people!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    How about parking in the old lot where we used to and walk to the front gate.

Oh that's right, they put DCA there.

Stoopid people!
    Excellent. I love Disneyland, but it's a big deal when it takes you 35 minutes to get from your car to the front gates. It was nice when you could park in a parking lot and walk to the front gates in 6 minutes or less.

• Minion

Can you imagine the VAST amount of peoplemovers it would take to move people out of the park efficiently? I was little when the peoplemovers left, but if I remember correctly, I believe they held less than 5 right? Imagine the bottleneck it would create if everyone wanted to use the peoplemover to get to the parking lot after the fireworks! The trams also travel considerably faster than the peoplemover. At the end of the night, people are ready to get home.

Not practical even in the slightest...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Excellent. I love Disneyland, but it's a big deal when it takes you 35 minutes to get from your car to the front gates. It was nice when you could park in a parking lot and walk to the front gates in 6 minutes or less.
    Awwwww, the good 'ol days!! And don't forget that for a year or two, Disney gave premium AP's their own parking area that was right at the front of the gate. You had to pay a little more when you bought your AP's, but it was well worth it and at that time (late 80's, early 90's) the price of a premium AP was sooooo much less! Yep, I miss those days too!

But I'm still happy that DCA is there now! Yeah, I know, I'm one of those that actually love DCA, and proud to say it!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't get to park so close to the front gate? I remember it taking FOREVER to walk across the parking lot. And with Disneyland packing in so many guests that they have to shut down the park, I'd hate for 40,000 + vehicles to bottleneck at one of 3 exits.

The old parking lot is one of those fuzzy memory deals in which you remember it in a better light than what it really was IMO.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Can you imagine the VAST amount of peoplemovers it would take to move people out of the park efficiently? I was little when the peoplemovers left, but if I remember correctly, I believe they held less than 5 right? Imagine the bottleneck it would create if everyone wanted to use the peoplemover to get to the parking lot after the fireworks! The trams also travel considerably faster than the peoplemover. At the end of the night, people are ready to get home.

Not practical even in the slightest...
    But who's to say they have to be the same 'size' as the old cars. Yes, the old cars held 4 people - or 6 VERY SKINNY people ~ HA HA

They could build newer, larger cars that could 'move' along.....

It's really not practical for the amount of people we're talking about. The parking lot trams currently traffic (nearly) the ENTIRE park attendance for BOTH Disneyland and DCA.
    Now, if I'm not mistaken, each car on a Tramzilla can transport 30 people. There are usually seven cars on one lead car, making each tram have a 200 person capacity. Couple that with the amount of trams operating at one time. With a tram arriving every 5 minutes, that's 2400 riders per hour. These trams are usually running at more than that, even.
    You'd need a heck of a system to beat them.

• Minion

Even if the cars were as long as the current trams, that would be a decrease in capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic
    It's really not practical for the amount of people we're talking about. The parking lot trams currently traffic (nearly) the ENTIRE park attendance for BOTH Disneyland and DCA.
    Now, if I'm not mistaken, each car on a Tramzilla can transport 30 people. There are usually seven cars on one lead car, making each tram have a 200 person capacity. Couple that with the amount of trams operating at one time. With a tram arriving every 5 minutes, that's 2400 riders per hour. These trams are usually running at more than that, even.
    You'd need a heck of a system to beat them.
    I agree. And how in the world would you get 200 people onto a peoplemover that's constantly moving? The logistics are a nightmare!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

You know what'd be nice are long moving walkways like those found in Las Vegas. I prefer to walk when possible but the walk from the structure to Disneyland is a lengthy one. Assistance from moving platforms would be sweet.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast