Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hiding from the Sheeple

I want access to...

This is a strange thread to start, but here goes.

As you can tell from my photo, I am huge fan of POTC. I had a great time going through the attraction on foot and it was a great experience that I will never forget. I am fortunate to have amazing friends at the Disney Studios, Imagineering and all around the Disneyland Park who take great care of us when we are around.

With the announcement of the special "experiences" offered at the 50th event auction, I am excited to have the chance at more once-in-a-lifetime events. These experiences include a breakfast at Walt's apartment, behind the scenes at Fantasmic, a tour of Matterhorn Mountain, etc.

I am interested in gaining access to anything that may be considered out of the ordinary. I am willing to compensate anyone who assists. As this may be a touchy subject to some, please private message me for further details.

What special experiences would others like to have at the park?

MY DISCLAIMER: I am a long time customer of the parks and spend heavily on private events and other items. The special experiences I have been granted and/or other perks are given with proper approval by management as I am not desirous of having any employee disciplined for something they can not rightfully provide.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, the special experiences I had at the park were had thanks to several very cool leads and managers trying to impress me. We probably would have gotten in trouble if they had known what we were up to. I have explored the Haunted Mansion from floor to ceiling, as well as Peter Pan, and the Jungle Cruise, the roof of NOS and the Blue Bayou and Club 33. I have climbed the Matterhorn (from the inside out) and pulled the sword from the stone. Being a member of the custodial staff, I had access to pretty much anything in the park I wanted.

That being said- I would die to be on TSI during Fantasmic, or sit on Walt's Terrace during a parade. It has also always been a dream to explore the warehouses behind toontown. To be able to explore WDI and the studio archives would also be unbelievable. I do wish I had gotten more time in Walt's apartment to look around and really take it all in.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Very cool...

The only thing I'd really like to see is the Matterhorn inside out. I've done a few things in and around the park, but that's the one thing I haven't. There's something about that attraction/building that just beckons me...

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink
    Very cool...

The only thing I'd really like to see is the Matterhorn inside out. I've done a few things in and around the park, but that's the one thing I haven't. There's something about that attraction/building that just beckons me...

The half-court basketball court inside is pretty interesting to see!

Dan

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

the basketball court is kinda boring...what I've been trying to arrange for a LONG time is a walk-through of Indy. I've done many attractions, from POTC to Mansion (holiday and standard) to Screamin' (the track itself AND the LIM-bunker under paradise pier, which was very interesting), but I have yet to do Indy.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I was told that a "tour" of the Indy track was grounds for immediate termination. The jeeps are so large that the make the track very dangerous, I guess.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I was told that a "tour" of the Indy track was grounds for immediate termination. The jeeps are so large that the make the track very dangerous, I guess.
    That does make sense. I have been in the shop with a tech to see how the vehicles operate, I have been on the ride with the lights on. I have even had my own personal ride on it but they have never allowed me to walk the attraction. Would love to hear about your experience if you get your wish AP2CM, it sounds like a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Disneynut; 05-18-2005 at 04:16 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I haven't been able to do anything of this nature.

However, if I did, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and maybe Big Thunder (I want a good picture of that billy goat ).

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

well pineapple, technically ALL unauthorized "walk-throughs" are grounds for termination and for very good reason. When I walked through mansion, it was after hours and the facilities guys were working on the attraction, so it was actually running while we were inside...potentially very dangerous. Anytime anyone is in the show areas, they must be "locked and tagged out" by physically putting a special pad lock on the show-start button. Fortunately, we knew what we were doing and avoided injury of any kind, but imagine what would happen if someone from the outside hurt themselves. All of the sudden their wonder and joy at doing a walk-through would turn very quickly into grounds for some tidy legal action. At least the CMs are covered under the resport workman's insurance policy.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    how do you arrange one of these walk throughs... I would love to have the chance to do one... is it some kind of special thing you have to ask City Hall about??
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Rainicorn.

Well, the special experiences I had at the park were had thanks to several very cool leads and managers trying to impress me. We probably would have gotten in trouble if they had known what we were up to. I have explored the Haunted Mansion from floor to ceiling, as well as Peter Pan, and the Jungle Cruise, the roof of NOS and the Blue Bayou and Club 33. I have climbed the Matterhorn (from the inside out) and pulled the sword from the stone. Being a member of the custodial staff, I had access to pretty much anything in the park I wanted.
    DQ! You should write more about these experiences! How was the inside of Haunted Mansion like with all the lights turned on?

I would really love to see Fantasmic from TSI, too. I've always wanted to walk through PotC... and go to Club 33. *sighs*
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    I'm still upset that I didn't go for the (LESS than $2K) 30th Anniversary Dinner inside the Haunted Mansion in '99. They got a "lights on" walk through after dinner.. and It seems like such a bargain now!! I'm so jealous.. and Hey, Circarama: now they got to buy a leather jacket to die for!!

Well, I did at least finally get my Dinner inside the HM last year at the HHE (Phineas) at WDW... it was so great; I got to eat right below the portrait of Master Gracey!! The two stretching rooms had tables too, and they would "stretch" every so often. It was so awesome. And a limo ride right through Liberty Square!
    --Jonathan

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, the lights were not turned on- but it was still really amazing to see how the effects we accomplished. The most amazing is the ballroom and how incredibly detailed it is- I could have spent hours in there! My expereinces reinforce that NOS is the most amazing part of the park- so detailed and you can feel Uncle Walt's fingerprints on everything. I know it was his favorite land as well.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• Rainicorn.

Well, the lights were not turned on- but it was still really amazing to see how the effects we accomplished. The most amazing is the ballroom and how incredibly detailed it is- I could have spent hours in there! My expereinces reinforce that NOS is the most amazing part of the park- so detailed and you can feel Uncle Walt's fingerprints on everything. I know it was his favorite land as well.
    I definitely love NOS because it just feels "lived in" moreso than the other lands, probably because of the attention to detail. Like when you're on the train and stopped at NOS station... you can hear a party going on across the tracks, and there's laundry hung up and everything. Best place ever.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    My expereinces reinforce that NOS is the most amazing part of the park- so detailed and you can feel Uncle Walt's fingerprints on everything. I know it was his favorite land as well.
    OmG, New Orleans Square is the best!! Some days I just go there and no where else!! It's truly magical. And the real New Orleans smells funny.
    --Jonathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast