View Poll Results: Which "Land" from Disneyland would you remove and why?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street, U.S.A.

1 0.75%
  • Adventureland

0 0%
  • New Orleans Square

1 0.75%
  • Critter Country

22 16.54%
  • Frontierland

5 3.76%
  • Fantasyland

1 0.75%
  • Tomorrowland

0 0%
  • ToonTown

55 41.35%
  • None - ARE YOU CRAZY?!

48 36.09%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Which "Land" Would You Remove If Given The Chance?

I'd actually like to see Roger Rabbit moved to Fantasyland or just outside of it. I agree with closing Toontown. Great for the kids, but a little lacking for the the rest of the family.

Frontierland needs more attention on the backside of Big Thunder I wouldn't exactly remove Frontierland. All there are presently are shops, Rancho Zacalo Restaurant and Big Thunder, Golden Horseshoe, Mark Twain, Columbia. Why not something more from the Old West?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I voted none. Toontown has the ability of being more than it is right now. Same goes with Critter Country.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Directly directed

None!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

What's with all the Toontown haters? ;-; I love Toontown, it has its troubles yes, it just needs to be refurbed and expanded upon. A couple more F-ticket rides (F for FUN!) get all the fun stuff happening again and solve the problems that the crowds cause. Maybe open up a new pathway from the western end of Toontown down past the theatre. This would make Toontown not the dead end it currently is.

I think Toontown was may favourite area back in the mid 90s. It was loads of fun. That and Indy are my most visited places.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    ...Then a "more better" plan, one that would expand our imagination, could
    be created, rather than the something they created, which is far too common.
    I think you mean Mo' Betta"
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    What's with all the Toontown haters?
    Why is ir evrytime someone voices displeasure about something they are called "Fill-in-the-blank haters?"
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Lucky, Rather Than Good

Toontown, it's silly and I never go there.
    " Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " Oh no we might be in trouble

• ...TWO BITS!

I know CC & TT WILL GET THE most votes. But there should be immprovments instead of just "throwing in the towel". DCA anyone?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    For me it's easy...I'd get rid of ToonTown and expand Fantasyland out there....
    I'm with you there. Fantasyland has so much that could be expanded upon...forcing the area to be ToonTown which is really reminiscint of only Who Framed Roger Rabbit wasn't all that great of an idea, IMO.

Roger could be kept in place, and Fantasyland could finally be expanded to include more Disney classics. Sleeping Beauty could finally have her dark ride. So could many others.

I would keep Mickey and Minne's houses, though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Why is ir evrytime someone voices displeasure about something they are called "Fill-in-the-blank haters?"
    Because by saying they want something removed they're saying they hate it.
    You must love Toontown *hypnotoad* LOOOOOVEEEEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Djmutto View Post
    Toontown, it's silly and I never go there.
    That's what all my (so called) friends say about Disneyland. ;-; (Tell me you ARE quoting the movie here?)
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

If I had to pick one, it would be Toontown. The lines for the Mice and Roger Rabbit are insane. It's unfortunate that the characters have become this "sign the book, take a picture, move along" type scenario. I see why the queue lines exist, but I would much rather see the characters wandering around the park every once in a while and actually interact with children and guests.

But, as a toddler area, ToonTown isn't all that bad. My little brother seemed to enjoy it during the summer, but even at age 5 he seemed to outgrow it, going to Autopia, Buzz, and the Tiki Room way more. It would be interesting to see the area as part of a Fantasyland expansion though, where all the post-60's Disney film characters rides existed.

Critter Country and Frontierland both need expansions badly. Having 2/1 main rides in each land is quite the disappointment. I'm sure they could do something there.
    - Paul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm4 View Post
    If I had to pick one, it would be Toontown. The lines for the Mice and Roger Rabbit are insane. It's unfortunate that the characters have become this "sign the book, take a picture, move along" type scenario. I see why the queue lines exist, but I would much rather see the characters wandering around the park every once in a while and actually interact with children and guests.

But, as a toddler area, ToonTown isn't all that bad. My little brother seemed to enjoy it during the summer, but even at age 5 he seemed to outgrow it, going to Autopia, Buzz, and the Tiki Room way more. It would be interesting to see the area as part of a Fantasyland expansion though, where all the post-60's Disney film characters rides existed.

Critter Country and Frontierland both need expansions badly. Having 2/1 main rides in each land is quite the disappointment. I'm sure they could do something there.
    What's all this about toddlers and five year olds? Are you telling me they let kids in Disneyland these days? *gasp!*

• Comin' at ya!

Ohhh that's a tuffy. Probably personally toontown, because there ain't much for older people, but the kids love it sooo much I don't think i would.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• my two sunshines

I agree with the masses - Toontown, - expand Fantasyland and Critter Country - bring back Country Bears, bring in a few more rides with current characters, beef up the FantasyLand stage to be more like the Paladain in DCA - I'd keep Micky/Minnie's House, Roger Rabbit and get rid of the rest

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm4 View Post
    New Orleans Square and Critter Country are parts of Frontierland, so the entire realm is actually the largest of the four and it has the most attractions.

Mickey's Toontown has never really appealed to me. Gadget's Go-Coaster is the antithesis of a Disney attraction, and the entire style of the area makes it feel as if it isn't even a part of Disneyland. (That fact is probably a good thing because guests can approach the area with lower expectations.)

The funny thing, though, is that, for some first-time guests to Disneyland, Mickey's Toontown is the first place they want to go.

One of the other nice things about it is that it sucks all the children away from the rest of Disneyland, thereby providing a potentially more enjoyable experience for the rest of the guests.

Perhaps, in order to further lower guest expectations, Disney should refer to Mickey's Toontown as a "Special Attraction" or something similar.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast