View Poll Results: Which "Land" from Disneyland would you remove and why?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street, U.S.A.

1 0.75%
  • Adventureland

0 0%
  • New Orleans Square

1 0.75%
  • Critter Country

22 16.54%
  • Frontierland

5 3.76%
  • Fantasyland

1 0.75%
  • Tomorrowland

0 0%
  • ToonTown

55 41.35%
  • None - ARE YOU CRAZY?!

48 36.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• official corn dog taster

Re: Which "Land" Would You Remove If Given The Chance?

one more vote for toon town

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    What's all this about toddlers and five year olds? Are you telling me they let kids in Disneyland these days? *gasp!*
    Well, Walt's idea building the park was for a place that children and adults could enjoy together. Toontown is pretty much little kid only.

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Out of all the Lands in Disneyland, which one would you remove and why?

Well are we going to take it out a land and replace it with something better? If so, I would go with Toontown. I'd love to see the Imagineers come up with something very original for that area that's NOT based on a movie.
    If we're just going to remove it for the sake of removing it... my answer is remove nothing. I love it all.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If they don't remove Toontown, they should at least re-do it so that it is less in the style of Warner Bros. and more in the style of Disney.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Well are we going to take it out a land and replace it with something better? If so, I would go with Toontown. I'd love to see the Imagineers come up with something very original for that area that's NOT based on a movie.
    If we're just going to remove it for the sake of removing it... my answer is remove nothing. I love it all.
    With my question you could do whatever you wanted. Remove it just for the sake of removing it...or you could remove it to expand another land or build a new one.

This question was just a ponderment (is that even a word?) Just a curiosity factor.

...Joe...

Yay, I voted for Fantasyland. Critter Country is well-done and houses my favorite attraction in the park. It just needs another attraction and a way out. Frontierland needs major work, but the land has so much potential. Also it houses Big Thunder which makes the land untouchable. And Toontown has Roger Rabbit and I really enjoy the style of the land. They just need to make another darkride and maybe a small show back there to finally make the land fun for all ages.

So why Fantasyland? It's my least favorite land. I'm not a fan of the movies of Snow White, Dumbo, Pinocchio, or Peter Pan. I think Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Hunchback are far supperior films. Then the rides leave me always unsatisfied. Snow White has the strange ending, Peter Pan is too short and very small scenes for such an epic story, and Mr. Toad is such a great idea with too many cutouts. Alice isn't bad, but the ride feels kinda choppy to me. The Matterhorn seems to lack Fantasy to me, making it an awkward and bumpy ride where we bobsled on rock through a mountain with some random snowmen.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate this land and it's attractions. They are just my least favorite of all. I would love to see a Fantasyland that is more focused on the idea of "Once upon a time" and less on Disney films. Give us trolls, dragons, unicorns, and folklore. Sure, toss in some Disney, but I've already experienced the Disney versions of those stories, I want to see Disney do more stories rather than having us revisit some of their "classics."

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

They way I see it, Tomorrowland sort of already HAS been removed - and someone needs to put it back - PRONTO.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I'd remove the thing on the side of Disneyland....Oh wait, that's not a land ...

Okay in all seriousness, I'd get rid of Toontown.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

GUH? Don't mean to be pickin' on ya, Professor Tango, but your answers continue to baffle me. The fantasyland you describe never existed and never will as the purpose was to showcase the animated films.

Beastly Kingdom is what you want and I hope that they finally wise up and build it over in Animal Kingdom.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    They way I see it, Tomorrowland sort of already HAS been removed - and someone needs to put it back - PRONTO.
    :sigh: So true. I have yet to see anything seriously innovative or futuristic in that Land. Hopefully Lasseter and such will turn it around.

...Joe...

• Banned User

Toontown. Theres nothing to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    GUH? Don't mean to be pickin' on ya, Professor Tango, but your answers continue to baffle me. The fantasyland you describe never existed and never will as the purpose was to showcase the animated films.

Beastly Kingdom is what you want and I hope that they finally wise up and build it over in Animal Kingdom.
    It's quite alright, I was actually expecting a reaction from you.

I know the Fantasyland I want has never existed. And while I have no idea as to the original purpose of Fantasyland, I believe that many things have changed in purpose. I mean, the original purpose of Epcot was to be an actual living community. They ignored Walt's purpose and focused it on edu-tainment. Even now we see the purpose changing again to focus more on the "tainment."

I know the movies in Fantasyland. I have seen them plenty. I would prefer to see Disney show me more rather than showing me the same stuff over and over again. Besides, I feel a lot of Disney's classics are classics because of the story they are doing or the fact that they were the big pictures based on classic fairy tales. Why can't Disney take on some more fairy tales but in ride form? The Pied Piper, 12 Dancing Princesses, Hansel and Gretle, etc.

And as for Walt's intent, he planned many more attractions for Fantasyland other than the "let's ride the cliff notes of the film." He had Rock Candy Mountain, the Storybook Land canals were to have a showroom with the lands of Oz, and he had a land devoted to Lilliputia (the tiny land from Gulliver's Travels). These were all ideas from literature outside of the Disney film library.

The thing is, I believe the general public agrees with my idea. People like the rides based on lesser known/original stories rather than riding through the exact story they already know. Examples: Pirates, HM, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Journey into Imagination. But what about all those other popular rides? Splash Mountain is based on Song from the South, but people don't know this story very well/at all and we do not simply ride through the movie as we do in Fantasyland. Buzz is an original ride inspired by a known story, once again, not riding through the film. Same with Roger Rabbit. Even Indiana Jones is not a ride through his films, it is an original attraction inspired by the films. I wouldn't mind Fantasyland as much if it featured original rides inspired by Disney films. Mine carts through the Dwarve's mines, an adventure in Neverland, our own journey into Wonderland. I love Casey Jr and like Mr. Toad (sans the quality) because they are not just a rehashing of the film.

I would much rather see the Fantasyland Walt invissioned. A world of fantasy filled with many fantasic locations and characters, with a few Disney homages as well.
    Last edited by Professortango; 12-08-2006 at 10:47 AM. Reason: .

• e komo mai

Somebody voted for Fantasyland! Oy vey! Imagine Disneyland without its castle.

• Comin' at ya!

SOMEBODY VOTED FOR FANTASYLAND! Wow....that's just creepy
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Seriosuly! Even bringing back the old tomorrowland would be great to have since it was so innovative, creative and fun!!! (Yes all, even the PeopleMover!!!)

I wonder if we can sue them for emotional distress for that...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast