Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Getting rid of the POTC bridge

I was reading in another thread about the storage that is next to POTC. This, I believe what they are referring to, is the large wood doors that are in between POTC and the Tarzan Treehouse.

I just had a thought. When I was a kid, this was actually a part of the POTC line. Then for some reason they shut this part down and installed the bridge with the line underneath that.

It seems to me if they tear out the bridge and realign the que so that it goes through the doors again, it would clear out a lot of space out front of POTC for traffic to go through. It's kind of disruptive the way they have it now, because they have traffic coming in from three different ways (Frontierland, Adventureland, and Critter Country). And then they all have to maneuver around and over the bridge.

It just seems that getting rid of the bridge and rearranging the POTC line will clear things up in that area. I know there would be a problem with Fantasmic! but no matter what you do that whole area is congested, especially during that show.

• The pride is back.

Re: Getting rid of the POTC bridge

With the crowds they get now, the bridge is an absolute necessity. Even as it was, that area was a nightmare before the bridge went in.

• back in Austin

dang, when I read the thread title I thought someone was talking about the bridge inside the attraction. The one the pirate's dangling his foot from.

My instant reaction was NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! whew. had me scared for a second there.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I remember when there was NO bridge in front of Pirates of the Caribbean. We also remember when the bridge was finally built. At the time, we were told that the bridge was created to help ease congestion in that area. This bridge was intended to be a solution to a growing problem. It actually seems to have worked out quite well so it doesn't seem likely that it would be torn down--after all this time--only to re-create a problem that had been solved years ago.

• Shubisha

There is storage underneath the bridge though. When you go through the entrance to the potc queue, with the bridge overhead. On your left you'll see some closed off doors that they keep a lot of supplies for Fantasmic such as the ropes.

Love the bridge - went a long way to clearing the congestion in that area.

The additional queue area through those doors were unusable for a time because Pressler grabbed space for a very large handicapped access to Tarzan's Treehouse. I believe that portion of the queue can now be used and was when Pirates reopened.
    The Mur

my idea was to have the queue have an inside portion going in were that potc fountain is but it was just a thought.
    pshhh i guess

• Man O Lantern

I love the bridge. Especially on slow days when you see everyone else go waaaay around, and we bolt over the bridge and bypass....for no good reason.

personally there is a much worse queue than potc that does keep areas conjested and that is the Matterhorn but the is nothing you could do there except go inside the mountain.
    pshhh i guess

• Dumbo Love driving me mad

I love the bridge too. I love winding upward toward the ride entrance. I love everything about it!

• Shubisha

Matterhorn doesn't keep anything congested. The combination of the matterhorn line plus the construction walls does but that won't be for much longer hopefully. Even on days where the line wraps around both sides of the mountain and extends a bit, it doesn't congest things.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Matterhorn doesn't keep anything congested. Even on days where the line wraps around both sides of the mountain and extends a bit, it doesn't congest things.
    Just what I was thinking. That has to be one of the least intrusive queue in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Matterhorn doesn't keep anything congested. The combination of the matterhorn line plus the construction walls does but that won't be for much longer hopefully. Even on days where the line wraps around both sides of the mountain and extends a bit, it doesn't congest things.
    On busy days it actually does congest it a bit. It's only for about 5-10 feet in the space between the end of of the restrooms and the Alice wall, but sometimes it's like threading a needle. Especially before a parade or fireworks.

• Hooterville, USA

Bridges are good.

Beau is a good example and so is Lloyd.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• ...TWO BITS!

Leave the bridge.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast