• Comin' at ya!

Your DisneyLand ride idea!

If you could make a ride for disneyland, what would it be? Try to be as detailed as possible (like a walkthrough the actual ride!). Please, try to be realistic and tell us which area the ride would fit into (tomorrowland, adventureland, etc.) Again, try to be detailed. I'll post my idea later
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Your DisneyLand ride idea!

Hmm.... it's been ages since I thought up a new one, I usually just elaborate on my old ideas. Must it be a ride, or can it be a parade?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• curiouser and curiouser

i always thought that the most logical way of expanding the park would be to build an underground/indoor land that would be located outside of the park but accessed from the inside. my theme of choice would be be ghostland/villains land. this map illustrates where the land would be located:

the land would have a sort of sleepy hollow look, and would be based on an old haunted village. the sky could change from grey autumn daylight to dark starry sky at night. i was also thinking of an aurora borealis effect now and then..
    the village would have little shops and restaurants á la NOS but with an english countryside theme instead.
    i've been thinking of three rides, one would be a kiddie ride with the disney villains as the main thing. another idea would be a slow boat ride (potc, iasw etc..) with a river styx theme. for the obligatory movie tie-in ride it has been suggested by others that a thrill ride based on the legend of sleepy hollow would be really cool, so i thought of that one, perhaps with rollercoaster cars designed to resemble horse drawn carriages..

another thing i thought would be cool is to tear down the exterior haunted mansion building in NOS and build an exact replica of it inside the haunted land. it would still take you to the same ride only now the mansion itself would reside in a more fitting context and surroundings, which brings us to the best part of that idea: expanding NOS towards critter country with more buildings and shops and/or install the old pirates ship from fantasyland in NOS.

none of this will ever happen of course but this is what i would do if it was up to me

• ...TWO BITS!

^ That's a lot of backstage to take out. And the building you circled at the bottom is Haunted Mansion... did you know that?

Refer to my signature links for ideas. Some I don't like anymore, but it's still there for fun reading.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Comin' at ya!

I'll say ride. Has to be a ride. ANd it doesn't have to be a "new" idea, just something we haven't heard of before. New to us. If you came up with something 5 years ago but you never shared, go for it!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    ^ That's a lot of backstage to take out. And the building you circled at the bottom is Haunted Mansion... did you know that?
    yes, since the haunted mansion would be part of the new land i circeled that too, and i considered the backstage issue but since it's a fantasy i don't think it really matters..

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yeesh, where do I even begin? The ride ideas aren't just for "disneyland" but for Disney in general. Here's a few ideas I've had.. apologies, for many of these ideas are movie based.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

-THE JUNGLE BOOK -- The story that takes place in southern Asia would be a nice dark ride addition to the 'ASIA' section of the park. It would also be the first river adventure dark ride as we cruise down several key moments from the film as well as partaking in the musical fun.

-TARZAN: THE ESCAPE FROM SABOR -- Yep, it's an idea for another rollercoaster in the park, but this indoor coaster will give guests the thrill of and excitement of going through the trees as Tarzan does. The basic gist of this adventure is a simple one. Sabor, the leopard is attacking, and you need to get away. The ride technology will feature elements from 'Alien Encounter' where the coaster will stop halfway through the ride in a pitch black environment. Surround sound will reveal the rustling of leaves as the leopard gets near. During this time, the entire track rotates to connect to a different track. you see an animatronic leopard leaping right at you and at that very moment, the magnetic forces under the vehicle kick in and reel you backwards as you finish the ride facing the opposite direction.

MAGIC KINGDOM - ADVENTURELAND
    -ALADDIN'S ARABIAN NIGHTS -- Toss the carpets and spitting camels. Make way for a dark ride that ups the ante using an updated Peter Pan ride technology... only this attraction will feature moments that take you faster and slower depending on the action you encounter. What would be kinda cool is if there was a way to make the queue into the cave of wonders and you see tons of treasures as you snake your way past piles of gold. You reach the bottom of the queue and meet the magic carpet, and off you go... first meeting the genie and blasting out of cave of wonders to experience other cool scenes from the film. Even if it is a dark ride, it doesn't need to be treated as such, as a heavy duty ride with flying carpets would be what the Magic Kingdom needs.

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
    -FLIGHT OF THE ROCKETEER -- I won't detail the specifics since I did in another thread, but this inverted coaster allows guests to fly on their very own rocket packs and save the day. Animatronic gangster cars and shoot-em ups can be found as you fly by scenes from the film. Speakers for each guest replicate the sounds of gunshots that barely miss you. The launch of the ride will be similar to the Maliboomer, only there's more fun to be had after you go upwards. Ideal for Condor Flats if there was room.

TOON TOWN -- Do Toon Town the RIGHT way and build it in DCA behind the Hollywood area. Roger Rabbit ride would get more foot traffic here as this town brings more 'character' to a park that really lacks it.

PUT IT SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE
    -FIRE MOUNTAIN -- Imagine, if you will, two brothers who found a dormant volcano and decide to offer scenic tours within. Before you reach the loading dock, you will need to board an elevator to a lower elevation.

The elevator takes you down what feels like 50 stories while in actuality, it only takes you down two... but hopefully the illusion is convincing that you go deeper down than you really are. The elevator doors on the opposite side open up to reveal the loading dock... deep into the lower levels of the earth. Once you board the vehicle, the tour will begin.

These tours begin rather slowly and offer very interesting points about volcanic activity, rocks, etc etc. Pre-recorded tour guides will play on the sound speakrs of your vehicle at random so each trip offers a different batch of factoids and tidbits. Your vehicle slows to a stop as the guide tries to explain a rock formation ahead. Suddenly, EARTHQUAKE. The formation in front of you explodes as molten hot lava oozes out. The section of track where your vehicle is stopped is actually a moving platform and shifts from the power of the earthquake. The coaster finds another track and continues on its way through walls of flame, gas, and magma until you escape the center of fire mountain in the nick of time. The exit queue will be a separate area to continue the illusion that this attraction is no longer a dormant volcano.

Annnd... that's all I have right now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

TOON TOWN -- Do Toon Town the RIGHT way and build it in DCA behind the Hollywood area. Roger Rabbit ride would get more foot traffic here as this town brings more 'character' to a park that really lacks it.

• Dumbo Love driving me mad

I want to ride TARZAN: THE ESCAPE FROM SABOR tomorrow!

I would die just for a Disney Seas park. i've never been ther but from the pic i've seen. it has go to be the 2 best Disney Park.
    pshhh i guess

• Minion

I've always liked the idea of a Mary Poppins Fantasyland ride.

My basic idea is this.

You start out in the loading area boarding a merry go round, the horses go in a circle while you load and for a bit at the start of the ride

Then the merry go round slows and stops as one by one each horse leaves the circular track and joins a dark ride track that takes you through the fox hunt scene in Poppins, ending with you winning the cup.

Probably would require a little work by the Imagineers to get the transition part to work but it would be a fun ride.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post

My basic idea is this.

You start out in the loading area boarding a merry go round, the horses go in a circle while you load and for a bit at the start of the ride

Then the merry go round slows and stops as one by one each horse leaves the circular track and joins a dark ride track that takes you through the fox hunt scene in Poppins, ending with you winning the cup.

Probably would require a little work by the Imagineers to get the transition part to work but it would be a fun ride.
    That would require a LOT of imagineering! Neat idea though. Possibly Omnimover based, but with rail switches.... aie my head hurts just thinking about it... if it all got too hard just have a slow boarding circle like the old PM track.

Although the whole sitting on horses thing would be a law suit waiting to happen with all the idiot guests jumping/falling off. It would have to be in carriages "pulled" by merrygo-horses.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post

My basic idea is this.

It's definitely doable.... though if you're going anywhere other than in circles, the saftey people may have a fit about the merry go round horse and how people can fall off easily. It's sad that my thinking automatically goes that way because we all know how they act now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Its not sad, as a lawyer my thoughts went there too but I chose to ignore it for the time being.