Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I Love Disneyland!!

PHOTO UPDATE 12/8: Matterhorn Re-opening, Snowglobe!!!!, DCA Area Photos, & MORE!!

WELCOME BACK MATTERHORN!
    And many more exciting tales...
    Tonight I went down to Disneyland alone (again) and met up with some friends on their last night in the Park before they headed back up to Seattle. I was so very excited to see the construction wall down around The Matterhorn and the bobsleds running like crazy (just testing them out). I snaped some shots, it was already dark when I got there but I think you will enjoy them none the less!

My favorite mountain in all its glory

The bobsleds getting ready to go!

It sounded like they might just be ready to take some passengers tomorrow (12/9), oh, it's tomorrow already!!
    I know I will be there tomorrow excited to ride!!

Another thing I noticed today was that the snowman was out of his snowglobe again and this time he is sitting beside the snowglobe and there is all kinds of camera equipment besides it... I wonder what's going on there. Anyone know? We can get some day shots tomorrow.
    But right about midnight I snapped these shots and was in shock that these kids parents were letting them do this and even encouraging them... while they took their picture! The snowglobe was obviously "roped off" for a reason!!

Ok, I have more pictures, lots more!!! But I have to sleep so I can get up and head back down to DL tomorrow so I will finish the update later.
    I just wanted you to have the shots of the Matterhorn!
    See you all on the slopes tomorrow!!!

So my friends called me in the morning to rub it in that they all won Dream FastPasses!

And then to make things worse... we were in line (at night) for POTC and a CM gave my friend these Dream Pins!! I had never seen them before... I was given one out of pitty since I NEVER win! haha

So we headed over to DCA to get some rides in before spending the night at DL and here are some shots that I got while waiting for them to get off GRR

This is a picture of my friends on right before they got off the raft... I think it turned out cool!

Then a quick trip over to ride the rope swings for the kids and I thought this was a nice shot

The Two Grumpy's

Heading over to ride Screamin'

Of course I am more interested in what's behind that wall!! haha
    Looks about the same as it has all week

Just trying for a new point of view

Then headed over to TOT for some free fallin' fun

Off to the candy store for some sweets!

This merch display reminds me of my grandma! The silver tree!

Then FINALLY!!! over to Disneyland....

While my friends used their Dream FP's I sat out and took MiceChat pictures!!
    Scot Bruce "Elvis" was playing at the Tomorrowland Terrace

The Monorail station is looking cleaner... (MasterGracey, we need some daytime shots!!!)

An interesting angle on my favorite attraction "ATIS"

Just for you MG! haha

I have never noticed this clock here! Have you?

This is trippy... we went on BTMRR and this is a picture of the waterfall.....

I rode BTMRR during the fireworks and after I got a few shots.

Over to Splash to catch a cold!!! haha

HMH in all its glory

Headed through Fantasyland... the moon was out!

Don't forget to stop by the Gibson Girl and get your new holiday treats!

And that's all for this update. I hope you enjoyed it....
    I'm sure you will be getting more soon!!!

Last edited by peoplemover1; 12-09-2006 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Addition
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/8: Matterhorn Re-opening, Snowglobe!!!!, DCA Area Photos, & MORE!

YAY! the Matterhorn is looking all sparkly and new. Or is it just the night shots?

(Those kids and their parents need to be spanked.)
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• living to haunt

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 12/8: Matterhorn Re-opening, Snowglobe!!!!, DCA Area Photos, & MORE!

YEAH! we are going next weekend and were hoping that the moutain would be open for the kids to see! Great post! As for the kids in the snow globe, I am a photographer and it is a great chance. I said it before I can't believe they are not selling photos in it! Would I do it, probably not to afraid to get in trouble, do I see it being done by other...as your photos show, yes! Thanks for the look at the mountain.

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

awesome photos too bad im not going back to dL in a while.

• Disney for life!~

The Matterhorn looks so pretty!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Bad kids!
    - Paul

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm4 View Post
    Bad kids!
    bad parents!

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    WELCOME BACK MATTERHORN!

And many more exciting tales...

Another thing I noticed today was that the snowman was out of his snowglobe again and this time he is sitting beside the snowglobe and there is all kinds of camera equipment besides it... I wonder what's going on there. Anyone know?

yes.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    Another thing I noticed today was that the snowman was out of his snowglobe again and this time he is sitting beside the snowglobe and there is all kinds of camera equipment besides it... I wonder what's going on there. Anyone know?
    Last night a reporter (sorry, can't remember her name) from Los Angeles station KTLA Channel 5 was at Disneyland for a live shot. Why was she there? Pure and simple promotion. She had Mickey next to her at the beginning of her segment and then went to a taped piece about the park and how magical it is at Christmas. They also showed some of the fireworks and of course the snow on Main Street. When they came back to her she was in the Snow Globe with Donald. She then went on to talk about how dreams are made at Disneyland and this is the year of a million dreams, etc. This occured around 10:40 PM.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo View Post
    yes.
    AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! don't tease us MinionLumbo!!! Do tell!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Last night a reporter (sorry, can't remember her name) from Los Angeles station KTLA Channel 5 was at Disneyland for a live shot. Why was she there? Pure and simple promotion. She had Mickey next to her at the beginning of her segment and then went to a taped piece about the park and how magical it is at Christmas. They also showed some of the fireworks and of course the snow on Main Street. When they came back to her she was in the Snow Globe with Donald. She then went on to talk about how dreams are made at Disneyland and this is the year of a million dreams, etc. This occured around 10:40 PM.
    Thanks Wendygirl!! Wow. They have been doing a lot of promotion with our snowman lately!
    I have been there 3 times this week I think and everytime they are doing something different with him or the snowglobe. This snowman is going to have to be added to the list of my favorite Disney characters! haha
    Last edited by peoplemover1; 12-09-2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: addition

• Still wants to be a cat!

This may sound stupid....but where the heck is the snowglobe? I think I've missed something, somewhere!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    This may sound stupid....but where the heck is the snowglobe? I think I've missed something, somewhere!
    The snowglobe is right in front of the castle.

See MasterGracey's picture in his 12/1 Photo Update:
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/46280-photo-update-12-1-winter-snowglobe-midway-mania-tomorrowland-more-merch-more.html

• Still wants to be a cat!

Must not have been put up last time I was there, which was the Sunday after Thanksgiving......I watched the fireworks from in front of the castle and there was no snowglobe. Thanks, don't think I'll miss it next time I'm in the Park!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• ...TWO BITS!

Thanks, great pics!

And parents blame the mass media... :rollseyes:

That snowglobe would actually make a nice photo op. Maybe put it in Main Street's Town Square where Santa used to do meet-n-greets.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Awesome photos of the bobsleds? Any updates on them though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast