Thread: Pin collecting

• living to haunt

Pin collecting

OK, I don't know if this is a subject that is allowed here...I haven't seen anything about it so I hope I am not breaking any rules. I have a few questions about pin collecting in the park.

1. Is is true that if you have a pin you may go up to any cast member with pins and ask them to swap with you and they have to?

2. Is there one pin cart in the park that has more POTC and HM pins than any others? Looking for Christmas presents!

3. Does anyone know of any secret pin places that the pin gatherers keep to themselves??

4. Do they have a pin for the haunted mansion/nightmare before Christmas display?

Anything else about pin trading I should know? Any tricks? secrets? Fun facts!

Thanks for the help.

• Banned User

Re: Pin collecting

I can answer the first one. The CMs will swap with you, but ask nicely.

• Comin' at ya!

really? That's cool
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Jambo!

Cast Members who wear the pin lanyard are pretty much obligated to trade, one pin for one pin (even if you trade them a cheap pin for one of their rare ones) as long as it is a valid Disney pin with the stamp on the back or if the pin you are trading is part of certain set, then the whole set must be traded.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

It's a Company Lanyard and Pins when they're on the clock, so they're not swapping their own personal pins. It's supposed to keep things interesting...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    4. Do they have a pin for the haunted mansion/nightmare before Christmas display?
    We were there the week before last and I found two of the three regular pins released for HMH. They were displayed in a small case and kept behind the register at Le Bat en Rouge shop. My wife went back in there later that night to pick up an item she saw earlier and said at that point there was only one pin left in the display case. I don't know if they restocked later but I'm guessing they didn't since they are limited editions. I just picked up the third pin off of eBay. Good luck.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• The Mystery Mouseketool

OK, I don't know if this is a subject that is allowed here...I haven't seen anything about it so I hope I am not breaking any rules. I have a few questions about pin collecting in the park.

1. Is is true that if you have a pin you may go up to any cast member with pins and ask them to swap with you and they have to?

2. Is there one pin cart in the park that has more POTC and HM pins than any others? Looking for Christmas presents!

3. Does anyone know of any secret pin places that the pin gatherers keep to themselves??
    I'm not a collector really, but they seem to have the most pins at the gift shop at Buzz Lightyear's exit.
    There are also some ODV carts that sell a bunch of them - I don't know exact locations, but I saw one in Frontierland, and one a little past Golden Dreams over at DCA...

- Johnny
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

The Nightmare ones can be tough to find. I have about 20 of them and was lucky enough to find a few of the limited ones a couple of weeks ago. They also just pulled some out from a couple of months ago and had them on the pin cart on Main Street.
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Anything else about pin trading I should know? Any tricks? secrets? Fun facts!

Thanks for the help.
    1. Yes. I was reading in the little Pin Trading Guide book thingy that children "3-13" or something can do it, but I guess in DL everyone is that age . They have to trade, and sometimes you can get some really nice rare ones for a cheap pin. Often, if I see one, I'l run to a pin cart and buy a cheap pin, then trade .

2. I believe all carts/stores have equal pins. Except for CA/DL, which obviously have different pins for the most part.

3. Pin traders, I noticed, gather at the pin cart outside of the Coke area (The name left me), and the Buzz Pin shop in Tomorrowland. However, you will find pin traders just about anywhere though. Just they won't trade with you, as they have ebay'ed and traded, and done whatever to get their gigantic collection. CM's with a lanyard often just walk around.

4. I believe they do. A couple years ago they had a whole set I recall in coffins.

Other: Basically, have fun. Like normal, if it's not fun, don't waste your time and money. It's late, and I could type more, but I should go to sleep

• Senior Minion

And if the CM has a teal lanyard they only trade with kids!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

There is a pin trading forum in Gold

One thing that wasn't mentioned - CMs will only trade as long as the pin you have isn't already on their lanyard.

I dunno about pin traders - they intimidate me too much, so I stick w/CMs. Sometimess CMs will also have pin books over at Coke Corner.

I'm try the cart outside of HM and the pins in Pieces of 8 for those type of pins, dunno if they have anything special.

Yesterday I found the cutest Eeyore pin on the ground! I looked for the person who lost it but couldn't find them
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I dunno about pin traders - they intimidate me too much, so I stick w/CMs. Sometimess CMs will also have pin books over at Coke Corner.
    I prefer to trade with CMs too. The traders are more concerned with values and all of that. The Cms were really fun to trade with. They loved seeing some of my rare 100 or 250 edition pins. I traded some good pins with them (Disney EMP pins form Seattle) and they loved seeing the pins they had not seen before.

• A New Experience Everyday

We traded pins in 2005 and had a blast. The best times to trade pins is first thing in the morning and last thing at night. The reason is because in the morning the cm haven't traded any pins and may not have your pin already. We all ( 3 teenager, dh and I ) all traded pins until we got what we wanted. We also bought a few too. Good luck on finding the pin you want. Not sure about the pin set trading. We didn't have to trade the whole set. We did have some pin traders ask us to trade lanyards, we had official disneyland travel lanyards and they had AAA lanyards. Also if you have Disney Travel Lanyards then you get 2 pins that you can trade - Make sure you trade these right away as when cm already has this pin they can't accept another until it's gone & CMs almost always have pins. Good Luck. - We got a few that are collectables
    1. Feb 2003 Offsite(BWH): 4 Days DL/DCA, 1 Day Seaworld, 1 Day USH Regular
    2. Feb 2005 Offsite(EBSS) - 1 new person: 5 Days DL/DCA, 1 Day USH VIP, 1 Day KBF
    3. March 2007: Offsite: 4days