Cool DCA in a Day 2006

DCA in a Day 2006
    31 Attractions, 12 hours

Hello all, after a dissapointing finish of 'The Procrastinators' in the Gumball Rally, and the hintings that DCA may somehow be involved with the rally in 2007 I realized that there were huge swaths of DCA that I did not know about and probably should be familiar with. Thus, the idea was born to do a 'mini-rally' doing a pure DCA version. Since doing everything before park close seems almost a given, I was curious as to HOW QUICKLY CAN DCA BE COMPLETELY ACCOMPLISHED, here are my results:

DCA's operating hours for 12/10: 10am-9pm, Sunshine Plaza and Condor Flats open at 9:30am.

#1- Soarin' Over California 9:39am. Hit this one before the rest of the park opened. It was fun as always, and we walked right on. #2- Grizzly River Run 10:03am. It was early in the day and still warm (it rained later in the day) so the timing for this was perfect. Afterwards we headed to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, but it wasn't open yet, next was Golden Dreams, but again, too early. #3- Golden Zephyr 10:19am, luckily there was almost no wind, and also no line. #4- Jumpin' Jellyfish 10:24am, 5 minutes later I was on Jellyfish. I have never been on this attraction before....and see no reason to ever do so again. #5- Mulholland Madness 10:28am, (get the feeling that lines weren't a problem?). Always fun, improved my mood after the Jellyfish. #6- S.S rustworthy 10:35am, I have never been on this attraction before either. Played with all the props, and realized there was alot more to do than I ever thought before. #7- Orange Stinger 10:40am, always a fun ride. Happy to go on it before it closes for refurbishment. #8- Maliboomer 10:48am. #9- Sunwheel 10:58am, choose the swinging gondolas, since the short wait for the non-swinging ones almost felt like cheating. This was all being done on the up-and-up. #10- King Triton's Carousel time unknown. I forgot to record the time on this one. Afterwards next was California Screamin' but is was down. Would occasionally check up on it's status, but it never reopened. #11- Golden Dreams 11:28am. I've avoided this one for 2 years, now I can finally say I've been on it, moving on... #12- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail 11:55am, checked it out, apparently I'm a skunk. Went on to get something to eat. #13- Mission Tortilla Factory 12:35pm, nothing like getting another tortilla for free after buying a bunch of tacos. #14- The Bakery Tour 12:40pm, I think Colin Mockey is a genius, the bread was good too. #15- Seasons of the Vine 12:51pm, the 1pm showing had a grand total of 4 guests. The show was interesting. Golden State was no completed, and the quest halfway completed.
    #16- Bountiful Valley Farm 1:14pm, wandered in, dodge the water and made sure to touch every single prop. #17- It's Tough to be a Bug! 1:16pm, ran in and watched small children be terrified, enjoyed show. #18- Heimlich's Chew Chew Train 1:32pm, laughed hysterically at Heimlich's sayings, this attraction could've stood to be considerably longer. #19- Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies 1:39pm, did my best to smash everyone else to pieces. #20- Francis' Ladybug Boogie 1:47pm, I enjoy this better than the Mad Tea Party. It spins you faster, there is a shorter line, and it requires no effort to operate. #21- Flik's Flyers 1:57pm, again, I consider superior to Astro-Orbitor and Dumbo due to the queue/ride time ratio. #22- Princess Dot Puddle Park 2:06pm, ran in and dodged every sprinkler. 'a bug's land' was completed in under 1 hour. Pretty cool. Moving on. #23- Playhouse Disney- Live on Stage! 2:12pm. Completely lucked out and there was 2:15pm showing. I must say, I've never seen this before and was pleasantly suprised. I thought the pupeetry was amazing, and the kids in the audience loved it. Whenever I have some little ones of my own, this is going to be on the first stops. Absolutely adorable. #24- Sorcerer's Workshop 2:41pm. 1st made the fastest animation strip ever, then played with the Beast Books and was revealed to be Capt. Hook. Then took in Ursula's Grotto and voiced over the Simba/Scar segment. #25- Character Closeup 2:48pm, wandered through, there was no character to get a picture with, so I checked out the concept art on the walls. #26- Turtle Talk with Crush 2:53pm. Absolutely fantastic!!! Crush was awesome tonight and this was my most magical experience watching him intereact with the kids in the audience. I take my hat off the entire crew working Turtle Talk today! #27- Animation Academy 3:22pm. I drew Donald Duck with my opposite hand. It came out horrible, but I enjoyed the challenge. #28- Muppet*Vision 3D 3:52pm. As always a fun show. #29- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! 4:17pm. An excellent replacment to SuperStar Limo. Saw a door open that I haven't seen before. There was monster eating Xmas presents. Very cool since the only one I've ever seen before was the Abominable Snowman offering lemonade snowcones. and finally.... #30- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 4:34pm. Got on this bad boy right at dusk proving that not only was it possible to ride every operating attraction at DCA before park close, but before the sun goes down during the winter!
    Things to note: California Screamin' was down, so we did not go on that one. Decided to skip the Games of the Boardwalk, didn't consider an upcharge location a real attraction. Skipped Disney's Alladin- A Musical Spectacular. Due to the experience of the Gumball Rally skipping long shows with posted show times that were not continuous. Yeah, I did Playhouse Disney, but it was starting in 3min and I had never seen it before. Skipped the Block Party Bash, High School Musical, Santa's Beach Blast, the Totem Ceremony in Challenge Trail, Drawn to the Magic on the Hollywood Backlot, Wave Riders in the Sunshine Plaza, The Miner 49'ers outside of Grizzly River Run and finally did not watch the Mariachi Divas. But still think a pretty comprehensive rally at DCA was completed in an astonishingly short amount of time!
    Bring on the next Gumball Rally!
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: DCA in a Day 2006

Well that answers the question then.

We (the peeps that brought you the GR) haven't discussed GRII yet, but this is definitely good info to be taken into consideration when planning for another event. Thanks for your hard work.
    But more importantly, did you have fun? Because here at MiceChat, we're aaaaaaall about the fun!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Well that answers the question then.

We (the peeps that brought you the GR) haven't discussed GRII yet, but this is definitely good info to be taken into consideration when planning for another event. Thanks for your hard work.
    But more importantly, did you have fun? Because here at MiceChat, we're aaaaaaall about the fun!
    Oh yes. The only real letdowns were 'Golden Dreams' and 'Jumpin' Jellyfish', 2 losers out of 30 is not bad at all. Futhermore I loved the goal of blasting through the park and going on things that I never had before. I usually skip Turtle Talk, but this time had a blast. No longer will I talk smack about Playhouse Disney, it was handled very well and I believe is perfect for families with small children. I'm going to try and take a 2nd crack at Disneyland soon.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet View Post
    ... I'm going to try and take a 2nd crack at Disneyland soon.
    You go boy...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037