Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Monorail reopening has been delayed until at least December 21st

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    It should be worth the wait. But can you tell me where that Monorail boarding area will be? It's from the left side of the platform, on top of the Sub queue, correct?
    The boarding area has been moved, and the start of the queue will be near the Autopia exit ramp. The ramp will head east towards one of the Sub Caverns (the exit), and then make a U-turn to the loading platform. You will now enter the ramp on the east end (where the front of the Monorail is). The ramp is designed with a rail in the middle, so you will exit on the same ramp as you used to board. The elevator is staying on the west end, along with a new staircase that is designed as an emergency exit, though CM's will use it to access the platform.

And let me make something clear, when the Monorails return later this month, they will be using the 2 remaining OLD Monorails, and those Monorails will be used for quite a few months before the first new style Monorail arrives at the park. And when those new Monorails arrive, they will have to undergo a long series of test runs (mainly late night and early morning when the park is closed to the public) before being used to transport guests. And when they go into service, they will be used along side the old style monorails for awhile. When both New monorails are in regular service, then another old Monorail will be taken to be rebuilt, and the other old Monorail will remain in the park as a backup.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Hm.. Tomorrowland seems to be taking the split down the middle entrance/exit line in vouge.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Havent ridden the monorail yet. blah lol

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• official corn dog taster

does anyone have any pics of what the new monorails will look like?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    does anyone have any pics of what the new monorails will look like?

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Whoa! I bet there are going to be some DLH guest complaints on that delay. Yikes.
    No kidding... Especially since I've had to purposefully book some people's vacations around the opening of the monorail. I explain to them that the monorail doesn't connect to any of the hotels, but will they listen? Nooooo... I've seriously told people that it's down until the 15th and they say "Well, how am I supposed to get to the park?" Do they seriously not realize that all 3 resort hotels are in walking distance? I guess not. And some of them act like it's MY fault that the monorail is down and they can't schedule their vacation another time. GAH!

Okay... end of rant...
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel View Post
    No kidding... Especially since I've had to purposefully book some people's vacations around the opening of the monorail. I explain to them that the monorail doesn't connect to any of the hotels, but will they listen? Nooooo... I've seriously told people that it's down until the 15th and they say "Well, how am I supposed to get to the park?" Do they seriously not realize that all 3 resort hotels are in walking distance? I guess not. And some of them act like it's MY fault that the monorail is down and they can't schedule their vacation another time. GAH!

Okay... end of rant...
    LOL I had a guy cancel his reservation right there at the hotel because the monorail was down. I was so tempted to say your kidding right. You do know you can walk your lazy *** down there right?! But I just talked to my lead and he said to go ahead and cancel him. What a dee... LOL...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Shubisha

I don't blame them. It's the best ride at the park. =D

• dL lover from hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    So it looks like the 21st or the 22nd will have the return of the Monorails....
    Noooooooooooo!!! We don't get there often so I'm bummed! I'm sure we'll be busy with other fun stuff to do but I will sure miss riding it.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    LOL I had a guy cancel his reservation right there at the hotel because the monorail was down. I was so tempted to say your kidding right. You do know you can walk your lazy *** down there right?! But I just talked to my lead and he said to go ahead and cancel him. What a dee... LOL...
    Just remember there are ALWAYS pessimistic "Grumpy" people out there - they just can't have everything go perfectly.

Was he alone or with a family group? It's entirely possible the wife insisted on staying at the DLH (or even booked the ressies at Full Rack Rate without asking hubby first, and you know how stiff that can be) - and he wanted to go cheap and stay across the street on Harbor. And he was looking for any valid excuse to say "That's it, we're leaving!" and get out of staying there without a stiff cancellation fee that would eat up any savings - the Monorail being down was as good an excuse as any.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

Why are monorail blue and orange in Canada? Why Canada, being rebuilt?

It's Official, congrats to DL for getting the site updated so quickly. I'm sad, we are staying at GC this weekend and the monorail is always a nice convenience. Oh well...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...AttractionPage

The Disneyland Monorail will be closed now through December 21, 2006 to prepare for the opening of Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in 2007. Resort Guests with disabilities who may be affected by the closure should check with Guest Services for alternative arrangements.

• Banned User

They should just leave it closed until there ready to unviel the new Monorails.

They should also change the sign. The current one (which has been there since 1998) looks retarded.

Is it a mentally-disabled sign??

• Koubu Pilot

Wow. Just imagine everyone. Disneyland's 4 monorails will be reunited after the rebuild project is done and over with. It's been a long time since the 4 trains were together at Disneyland at the same time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast