• Disneyland Goober

How much are tickets with an AP?

I was wondering how much a 1 day park hopper ticket is when purchased by an AP (Premium) holder? Is it cheaper that way or doing the Southern California discount ($78)? I'm going tomorrow, but the boyfriend doesn't have a pass so I'm figuring out what would be less expensive. I can use either (yes I am a socal resident) so it doesn't matter which. Thanks!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: How much are tickets with an AP?

Annual Passholders do not recieve discount on any type admission media, unless there is a special promotion going on.

Your only option is the SoCal Resident discount, or any offers any local organizations (such as credit unions, etc) may be running.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Disneyland Goober

Thanks MasterGracey, I guess I was thinking of that "Bring a friend" promo they had. I guess I'll be doing the socal res discount. Thanks!

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Right now there is a deal for 2-day park hopper tickets. If you go to disneyland.com/ap and sign in this is in the special offer section.

"Enjoy the holidays with a friend. As an AP perk, you can save $20 off the regular price of a 2-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket. But hurry, this offer is only available from 11/15/06 - 12/14/06!*. Plus, when you buy your tickets online, you'll enjoy no shipping charges for standard shipping.

Bring A Friend Ticket Prices:
    $96 - Ages 10 & up
    $76 - Ages 3 - 9

Tickets may also be purchased at the Main Entrance Ticket Booths starting on 9/29/06."

Hope this helps and have a great time.

• Disneyland Goober

You guys rock, thanks!

• AKA: Indyiluvu

did you have a good trip? What tickets did you end up buying?

• Disneyland Goober

My trip was great! The weather was nice (a little chilly at night) and the crowds weren't bad at all. I ended up only doing the one day one park ticket since DCA was only open until 6 anyway and we knew we wouldn't have time. But again, thanks for the help!

I will say that I have never waited soooo long for a hot chocolate! I tried the cart by the castle and after 20 minutes I moved about one step, literally. So I met back up with my boyfriend and tried Coke Corner. It took a half an hour to get one. Each person took about 5-10 minutes when they were up at the register (the CM seemed new maybe?). Some guy ended up complaining, and I finally got my hot chocolate that was lukewarm, but I just wanted it at that point. I don't know why it seemed so bad today with the food lines, but it wasn't bad enough to get me down.

The ride lines were short, with the longest wait being Indy at 20 minutes, but only because it broke down and had to be restarted. I now LOVE going on weekdays! And the fireworks were amazing, as was the snow. All in all, a great day!

My only other bad time was getting back to the parking lot. Getting on the trams can be hell! Pushy people are not fun (and I'm tiny!). My bf took my hand and tried to get to a seat as we had been waiting a couple trams already (and were only behind one group). The group in front of us(who were all older, no kids) went to the seats and stopped and sort of mingled before getting on, blocking our way. We tried to go to the next row and I got pushed behind me into another lady who was in between me and my boyfriend and got scolded a bit by her. But again, the day was too great to be ruined by crazy tram boardings!

I'll be there again on Christmas, but I was happy to see the decorations without a huge crowd!