• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Question Bike Parking At Disneyland. As a Guest and a CM?

Hello all, I made a post about looking for housing in the area a month or two ago and managed to find a place. I'm just waiting for the paperwork at this point in time. But onto the point.

I'll be living about a mile away from the main entrance to the park and probably about 2 miles from the 700 W. Ball Road Cast Member entrance to the park. I know I need to go there on my first day to start the college program, but parking didn't look fun for for visitors. They were having a job fair when I walked by to ask for housing assitance, which they couldn't help me with until I have my id for working there, and it was packed. I'm thinking that not driving might be a decent option, and perhaps that biking to the resort instead to save time on the long walk might be an option.

So my question is broken into a few parts here. Is there bike parking for Cast Members at 700 W. Ball? Is there bike parking if I were to try and go to the parks for the day and didn't feel like walking? And one more important question, after my training in the back of the resort, do I need to continue to use that entrance? I am working in the hotels and not the park itself, but was wondering about CM entrances that are near the Southern side of DCA.

Now the one problem that I forsee in biking is where to bike. The roadways are too narrow to allow a bike to fit on them around the resort and the walkways near my future home are crowded with people walking to the resort making it a bit more difficult to use a bike at all. So as a final question, is it really even possible to bike there if people have tried?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Bike Parking At Disneyland. As a Guest and a CM?

A mile? Walk it. 20 minutes. Done.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Talking Re: Bike Parking At Disneyland. As a Guest and a CM?

Yes, there is bike parking available at the TDA Anahiem buliding. It's been a long time since I was there (I'm a former Cast Member, BTW). Ask Security to where the bike parking is exactly but to my understanding, there is bike parking. Hope this helps you out!

It's more the 2 mile walk I'd rather pass up.

if you walk or bike i suggest you sign up for commuter assitance. If you are working at the hotels you report there after you get everything set up (traditions and paperworks stuff). Your trainer at hotels will be able to answer all your questions the first day..Good luck and congrats

Commuter assitance would mostly be using the bus on rainy days. Luckily I managed to take enough wrong turns driving around the resort area that I know my way around better now.

If you're referring the to the communter assitance in terms of I'm trying to be gas-efficient and get some credit like the people who carpool, then I'll need to remember to signup.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeek View Post
    It's more the 2 mile walk I'd rather pass up.
    Ah. two miles. Ride the bike. Yes, it's risky, as there are lots of cars on the roads and lots of walkers on the sidewalks.
    Create a presence on your bicycle. Make sure every car sees you.
    If necessary, take a slightly longer ride to avoid traffic. I don't know where you're coming from, but stick to less traveled roads, if there are any.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeek View Post
    Commuter assitance would mostly be using the bus on rainy days. Luckily I managed to take enough wrong turns driving around the resort area that I know my way around better now.

If you're referring the to the communter assitance in terms of I'm trying to be gas-efficient and get some credit like the people who carpool, then I'll need to remember to signup.
    you earn points for walking and biking to work

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

For guests, there are a couple of options, In the Lion King Tram area, near the Costuming Building and the ART Ticket machine, there is a bike rack.

Also, next to the ESPN Zone, facing the Downtown Disney main parking lot. (This is a good thing, since bikes are not allowed inside the Downtown Disney shopping area). There might be more, but I have seen the two mentioned above.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I've taken my bike there on visits, but not to ride to the parks--just to ride in the area. I've ridden on Katella, Ball, and Harbor, and I don't find them any worse than city streets in my home town. I haven't checked, but there may be a bike map available for the area--many counties publish them.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• Disneyland Cast Member

Joining commuter assitance is well worth it. After walking to work for a little more than 5 years I checked my points and I was able to buy a Plasma TV with gift cards from the points earned!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd View Post
    Joining commuter assitance is well worth it. After walking to work for a little more than 5 years I checked my points and I was able to buy a Plasma TV with gift cards from the points earned!
    I don't even have a car, I walk everywhere. What do I get?

Oh crap.. yeah right... not a CM...
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post

Oh crap.. yeah right... not a CM...

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    You get legs so toned and rock hard muscular you can crack walnuts.... Umm, nevermind.

Pipeek, remember that to a car driver bicycles are even more invisible than a motorcycle, if such a thing is possible. And like a motorcycle, you are going to go down sooner or later. It happens.

Helmet and gloves are a must, sturdy shoes, and either protective pads or heavy outerwear if your clothing is flimsy. Even in the summer it's better to be warm and look like a dork than to get asphalt abraded.

The average Polyester DL costume doesn't offer you much protection from Road Rash abrasion, if you are going to be on busy roads with cars you want to be wearing knee and elbow pads, and Denim and/or Leather in strategic spots.

Spend some serious money on the lock - and beware of the ones that look fearsome but are easy to pick or break, some of the round key locks can be popped by a Bic Pen... Do your research before buying.

Oh, and learn how to spot a good place to lock the bike TO, there are a lot of "Sucker Poles" out there. (Google the term, follow the links about bicycles, not oil wells.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1