Disneyland Half Marathon 2007

Hello -
    Just got an e-mail that I am able to register early for the Disneyland Half Marathon on Labor Day 2007. They are letting 14,000 people register this year (I think the cap was 12000 last year). Also it looks like the cost has gone up $10 to $95 kind of steep when you have to get a hotel and food and stuff for the weekend.
    Just thought I would let you know. If anyone is planning on doing this race this year I would recommend registering very close to the opening of registration on January, 8, 2007.
    The bottom I pasted from the Registration page.

2007 Disneyland® Half Marathon presented by Kaiser Permanente Monday, September 3, 2007 6:00 AM Disneyland® Resort Anaheim , CA

additional information
    Brief Description:The course will take runners from Disney's California Adventure® Park, celebrating California's storied past and exciting future, to the Disneyland® Park, to explore the fantastic "lands" of nostalgia, color and delight. Then it is on to the scenic streets of Anaheim, past the Honda Center, along the Santa Ana Trail, around Angel Stadium, and finally back through Disney's California Adventure® Park for an exciting finish of the Happiest Race on Earth!Fees:Entry Fee: $95.00
    Race Date:September 3, 2007
    Start Time: 6:00 a.m.ONLINE REGISTRATION ELIGIBILITY:If you are running on behalf of a charitable organization (i.e. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, etc.), or are traveling with a contracted tour operator/travel partner, please contact the charity or tour operator for specific registration instructions.

If you would like to register as part of a Wheelchair division, do not register here.
    Please contact [email protected] for important registration instructions.

Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.PROOF OF TIME:Corral placement is based on your anticipated finish time. If you believe you will finish the half marathon sub 2:15 hours, proof of time is required.ONLINE & OFFLINE REGISTRANTS:Online registrants, please answer all questions regarding proof of time. If you register by mail, please include proof of time with your entry form and payment. Acceptable forms of proof are either a photocopy of a finisher's certificate or a race results print out. All forms of proof must be from a half marathon or any race 10K or longer after September 1, 2005.

If you do not provide proof of time, you will be placed in the last start corral.PACING REQUIREMENTS:All athletes participating in the Half Marathon must be able to maintain a minimum 16-minute per mile pace throughout the race, finishing the Half Marathon in 3 1/2 hours or less. Anyone not able to maintain a 16-minute per mile pace will be picked up and transported to the finish line.

• Senior Minion

Re: Disneyland Half Marathon 2007

Thanks for the information. There's time to prepare. Thank you for the warning in advance about registration.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Sure, you are welcome.

Stupid question time:

I checked out the link, and it looks like you can register now. But why can you register here now, when the registration is supposed to start on Jan 8?

• Senior Minion

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by tikiboy View Post
    Stupid question time:

I checked out the link, and it looks like you can register now. But why can you register here now, when the registration is supposed to start on Jan 8?
    Not a stupid question. I believe the sent this link to those people that ran last year to give them an early registration period. In their e-mail it says: "You are receiving this offer for early registration because you have participated in a Disney race in the past. You can only use the link below once, and it can not be transferred to family or friends."