Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• I won't grow up!

I have never been stuck on a ride..
    My sister got stuck on the matterhorn though... I was actually really jelous that they got walked off... odd thing to jealous of...

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Man O Lantern

When we got walked off Indy, we had just passed the boulder. The jeep behind us had some nervous kids in it, as they were left stranded under the boulder and a hanging Indiana. We were just sitting there in the dark, waiting to go around the last corner.

I still wish it hadn't happened on Cassidy's first ride. But she rode Indy enough in the next few days (and always in the front!) to make up for it.

She was also the one disillusioned by our Splash walk-down. She was upset to learn that the walls were not really made of rock, but that there were actually SOFT. I hated seeing the magic die a little in her eyes. She's talked about it a few times since then, so I imagine the memory is going to stay with her.

Anyone have any pictures.

• Differently clued

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Splash Mountain and Rocket Rods for me...
    I rode the Rocket Rods a total of 6 times in its existence and I had to walk off of it 5 of those. It was kind of fun to walk the track back to the station and I never had to wait in line after the first time because they kept giving me passes to come back later. Unfortunately, I only got to experience the full ride once.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Drunken Disneyland Master

I got stuck on Pirates too. Right before the assend up the waterfall at the end. Some guy had to walk down the ramp to push our boat towards the exit sign so we could walk off. He slipped and fell down the ramp into the water and I laughed at him. We received "fastpasses" for Splash Mt. for our troubles.

I also got stuck on Space Mountain and we had to be led off. The computers shut the ride down because we were behind an empty rocket and eventually we would've caught up with it. Some lady leaned on one of the greased tracks and ruined her dress. I laughed at her.
    Last edited by Big Drunk Dave @ DL; 01-28-2005 at 02:12 PM.

• It's all nonsense

Didn't get to walk off, but i did get stuck on POTC for about 30 mins. the lights came on; the music slowed down and then stopped...it was tramatic.

We got stuck in Space Mountain. It was a windy day and the power went out just as we were about to "launch." Cast members rolled our car on to a track that went into a maintence area off to the right of the loading platform. We sat in the car for about five minutes high off the ground until they finally were able to walk us out.

• Reaver of Souls

ahem...

I was walked off the Peoplemover when I was in Jr High after the ride was stopped due to some... err... extra-vehicular activities just after the Star Tours segment... Getting out of the Peoplemover, it seems, was not looked upon well by the park... Who knew? :confused:
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Baybeh!

Only time in all these years was Splash Mountain, right before the 2nd flume. the gate held up the log and after a minute or so a cast member came and got us.

On BTRR About a week before the fatal accident. They had a full system shutdown and we were stopped on the last lift. After waiting 10 minutes for someone to come get us (apparently they clear the queue lines first) we walked down the steps from the lift and through a series of caves containing all the machinery and electrical for the ride. Quite interesting! I have a couple of digital photos that I snuck. They preferred that no pictures be taken.

• Reject no more!

The best 101 memory I have was getting stuck in the snake room in Indy. There was a couple who sat in front of us and the lady HATED snakes. I know this because she was loudly complaining there had better not be snakes on this ride as we were loading. The car did the whole 'sputter/stall' act as we slowly lurched around the room, finally stopping in front of the cobra who continually hissed at the poor woman. I was already laughing and wondering if someone operating the ride knew her and was pranking her. But soon the ride shut off, the lights came on and a reassuring voice instructed us to remain calm and in our vehicles and that a cast member would soon give us further instructions. The poor woman just remained huddled up in her boyfriend's (?) chest.

I made two alarming discoveries: 1) You can't get out of your seatbelt unless someone from the outside flips a switch on the ride vehicle. I wondered aloud what would be happening if there was a fire emergency. 2) When all the lights are on inside, you discover that everything is just pretty much paint and a few clumps of fake grass staple-gunned here and there. Itís really cheesy. The soundtrack makes so much difference on that ride.

The good news is that the ride was working again just as we walked out to the unloading area. Our group was promptly loaded up again to ride (minus the couple).
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• e komo mai

Well, I've never broken down on a ride...

But I did get walked off Splash Mtn. Right at the top of Chickapin Hill right before we were going to drop. We were helped out of the log, it was very steep, and walked down a back stairwell area. Lots of unpainted cement rock, chicken wire, pipes, etc. Nothing interesting. I should have asked for a pass to get back in the front of the line, but forgot...

• Theme Park Advocate

Rocket Rods - Over at the secton of the track closest to IASW, sat for 1 1/2 hours after the park closed before being walked off over to America Sings, er, Inoventions to get down. I was in the second seat from the front, the gentleman in front of me needed the restroom. Those of us who were lucky enought to ride this short lived attraction remember how the setbelts would continuisly tighten throught the ride, well let just say this gentleman was having extreme issues with this fact. As we are walking along the track we collected groups of other individuals in other vehicles, we were moving at a rather good click until a medium set woman from 2 cars back (whom was basicly taking the lead to the exit) reached a portion of the walkway the was an open catwalk above the Autopoia construction site. As soon as she hit that spot she droped down to her hands and knees and slowly cralled -blocking the pathway- until the end of the catwalk. By the end of her trek her knees were all tore up. What positive that came out of this event was that I learned that the IASW clock continues to chime very late at night (or I guess early morning).

• Wantabe DLRR Engineer

No but I always wanted to. I was kid watching for a friend when they broke down on Indy, they walked though to a exit. Great pictures, I'll try to get and post.

• insufferable know-it-all

Got walked off IASW once.

Got stuck on Pirates once when I needed to get to a shift, luckily, as a CM, they allowed me to walk myself off.

Used to evacuate Indy all the time. About once every 4 hours for the first 3 months I worked it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast