Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

I Basically Got Paid to Go to Disneyland

I have never paid money out of my own pocket to go to Disneyland. Well, I've paid for parking a few times, but I've never paid for entry. When I was a kid my parents obviously paid. When I was a teenager they would buy me an annual pass for my birthday every year.

As an adult I worked there for about two years. After I quit the few times I've gone in the last 3 years I have either been signed in or was given a free promotional ticket. It's some kind of thing where they send a ticket to families in the hopes that they'll buy 3 more and spend a day. My mom would just give the ticket to me and I'd use.

But now it's all come to a head as I've basically been paid to go to Disneyland this last Saturday. I work for a radio station and our winter promotion was a Disneyland giveaway. Winners recieved four tickets and entry into a private party and concert at California Adventure.

I had the 4pm-2am shift with about 3 other guys. We decided to go to the park early at 11am, pick up our park hopper tickets at Will Call, and enjoy the place before our shift.

However, when it was time to "work", there was really little we had to do. At 5pm our only responsibility was to bring the microphones to the remote so they could use them during the broadcast. After that we disappeared for an hour and rode Indy and Big Thunder. I went on maybe 10-11 rides that day and even got to take an hour "lunch break" to go see the fireworks.

During the private party DCA kept three rides open. Tower of Terror, Soarin' Over California, and Monsters Inc. We went on ToT and Soarin' a few times with absolutely zero wait because there was simply nothing for us to do beyond taking pictures and greeting people. Our supervisor had no problem with us going off on our own every now and then.

My streak continues as a Disneyland freeloader. I get in free, I never pay for food or merchandise in the park, and I basically take up space. And yet I still complain about the park every chance I get!

• It's all about Theme!

Re: I Basically Got Paid to Go to Disneyland

Wooh! Freeloaders, to bad we aren't as lucky!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Sounds like a stressfull job. I wouldn't wish that upon myself.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I have never paid money out of my own pocket to go to Disneyland. Well, I've paid for parking a few times, but I've never paid for entry. When I was a kid my parents obviously paid. When I was a teenager they would buy me an annual pass for my birthday every year.

As an adult I worked there for about two years. After I quit the few times I've gone in the last 3 years I have either been signed in or was given a free promotional ticket. It's some kind of thing where they send a ticket to families in the hopes that they'll buy 3 more and spend a day. My mom would just give the ticket to me and I'd use.

But now it's all come to a head as I've basically been paid to go to Disneyland this last Saturday. I work for a radio station and our winter promotion was a Disneyland giveaway. Winners recieved four tickets and entry into a private party and concert at California Adventure.

I had the 4pm-2am shift with about 3 other guys. We decided to go to the park early at 11am, pick up our park hopper tickets at Will Call, and enjoy the place before our shift.

However, when it was time to "work", there was really little we had to do. At 5pm our only responsibility was to bring the microphones to the remote so they could use them during the broadcast. After that we disappeared for an hour and rode Indy and Big Thunder. I went on maybe 10-11 rides that day and even got to take an hour "lunch break" to go see the fireworks.

During the private party DCA kept three rides open. Tower of Terror, Soarin' Over California, and Monsters Inc. We went on ToT and Soarin' a few times with absolutely zero wait because there was simply nothing for us to do beyond taking pictures and greeting people. Our supervisor had no problem with us going off on our own every now and then.

My streak continues as a Disneyland freeloader. I get in free, I never pay for food or merchandise in the park, and I basically take up space. And yet I still complain about the park every chance I get!
    That is so cool. Now beware - some will think you are worse than APers - but obviously you can take it or you wouldn't have posted here
    Minnietoo

• Comin' at ya!

Luck!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    That is so cool. Now beware - some will think you are worse than APers - but obviously you can take it or you wouldn't have posted here
    Unlike APers I don't think I deserve any special treatment for having a plastic card with my picture on it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Unlike APers I don't think I deserve any special treatment for having a plastic card with my picture on it.
    Who said that they did?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

Being a free loader you should never complain. You're not paying, that's not your place to complain.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Since when do APers think you deserve any special treatment?

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Being a free loader you should never complain. You're not paying, that's not your place to complain.
    This proves that the less you pay for admission the more you complain about the place!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Who said that they did?
    Some do, some don't. I'm joking around.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

I agree with hollywood and pete here - what makes you think that we apers think we deserve special treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Who said that they did?
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Since when do APers think you deserve any special treatment?
    Amen!
    Minnietoo

• Former Epcot CM

Simmer down children.

Anyway.

Lucky you!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• DisneyFan

Very cool. I got paid to go to Disneyland too, once. I work for a Christian camp and conference center in the mountains of california, and last year for our staff retreat we spent a day in Disneyland. It was paid for by my camp, and because the retreat was a required event, I got to claim the time on my timecard.

We used the "excuse" that we were observing how disney maintains their "magic" and later had a big discussion about how we could use some of that to make our camp experience better.

Good times.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

The word was paid. I misread, thought it was a different word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast