Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tortilla Joe's

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Tortilla Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Did you get sick from Storytellers Cafe food? I love their Cobb Salad....very surprising to hear and glad you mentioned it. What did you eat that didn't agree with you, if I may ask.

Like Chernabog, I have gotten really sick from Storyteller's Cafe food. I had gone with my b/f. He and I ate the same things. I got sick, and as I recall he felt slightly unwell but was ok. I think it's because we might have overeaten. The food was delicious. We plan on going back for the burgers.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

We call Tortilla Joes Tequilla Joe's - We went there twice in July had great service, we just ordered desert and about 2 gallons of a variety of Tequilla.

mmmmMmmm then we went to DCA and danced in the Parade with Flik... A bit tipsy mind you but it made the parade all that more fun!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I tried finding the article but I was unable. I would never eat there. The Orange County Health Department actually shut this place down earlier this year for a couple of days for violating health codes.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Like Chernabog, I have gotten really sick from Storyteller's Cafe food. I had gone with my b/f. He and I ate the same things. I got sick, and as I recall he felt slightly unwell but was ok. I think it's because we might have overeaten. The food was delicious. We plan on going back for the burgers.
    Overeating and then a spin on Mad Tea Party might do me in too! HA Yeah - sometimes certain ingredients will not sit well with me - might not be bad food, perse - just ingredients. Onions don't work well with me - but if they are in something, it doesn't mean the food is bad - just an usual ingredient didn't agree with me.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I tried finding the article but I was unable. I would never eat there. The Orange County Health Department actually shut this place down earlier this year for a couple of days for violating health codes.
    I do recall hearing about this.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I enjoy Tortilla Joe's salsa and mushroom empenadas, but the rest of their menu leaves something to be desired. And the service stinks. A lot.

Rancho is okay, but not spectacular. I miss the old Zocalo menu when they had garlic chicken with a flame-grilled pineapple spear. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Beach Expert

Oh, and one more thing about Disney Resort food. Ever notice how Orange County restaurants do not have grades posted on their restaurant windows like they do in Los Angeles and other counties?

I have been told this is due to Disney lobbying the politicians to make Orange County exempt from this posting system. If they had to post the grades at DL restaurants I am sure a lot would fail. I can't verify this, but this is what I have been told. Makes sense though.

• I love this place!

Eaten there three times now, always somebody else's idea. Never been impressed. Would rather eat elsewhere and save the Mexican food craving for when we get back to Phoenix.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If they had to post the grades at DL restaurants I am sure a lot would fail. I can't verify this, but this is what I have been told. Makes sense though.
    No, it doesn't make sense. If the eatery had a failing grade they wouldn't be OPEN, therefore no need to post the failing grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Overeating and then a spin on Mad Tea Party might do me in too! HA Yeah - sometimes certain ingredients will not sit well with me - might not be bad food, perse - just ingredients. Onions don't work well with me - but if they are in something, it doesn't mean the food is bad - just an usual ingredient didn't agree with me.
    Exactly. I believe I got sick because I had too much cheese. (and I love cheese!) It wasn't the quality of their food that made me sick. Therefore, I'm definitely going back there.

Tortilla Joe's on the other hand, I'll never go back to.

I have fun at Tortilla Joe's outside bar! My friends and I have sat there for hours eating chips and drinking! But it's December now so it'll be a bit chilly but hopefully the alcohol will keep you warm!

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    No, it doesn't make sense. If the eatery had a failing grade they wouldn't be OPEN, therefore no need to post the failing grade.
    They post the grades at the restaurants in Universal Studios. So Disneyland would be required to do the same if the same laws existed in Orange County. But they don't and that is due to from what I have been told, lobbying efforts by TDC.

And that is true, they due close restaurants due to certain health violations which is I think what happened to Tortilla Jo's earlier this year. This makes me wonder. Has any restaurant inside of Disneyland itself ever closed due to health code violations???

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    I have fun at Tortilla Joe's outside bar! My friends and I have sat there for hours eating chips and drinking! But it's December now so it'll be a bit chilly but hopefully the alcohol will keep you warm!
    I think they have outside heaters, too.
    Mike

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Exactly. I believe I got sick because I had too much cheese. (and I love cheese!) It wasn't the quality of their food that made me sick. Therefore, I'm definitely going back there.

Tortilla Joe's on the other hand, I'll never go back to.
    Understood. Yeah - I love cheese too - but cheese doesn't love me - 'nuf said! HA

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    See, I have always wanted to go to the outdoor bar at Catal - but I don't drink anymore....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast