• Senior Minion

GCH we are here!

After my wife had packed our tiny sportscar with more stuff than the Clampetts, and a six-and-a-half hour speed run, we are finally and at last here at DLR, happily ensconsec in our park view room at the Grand Californian.

So far, the hotel and the staff have been superb. Quick in was quick (we must have gotten lucky), our room was ready (at 11:30 am), and the service has been outstaznding. The bellboy noticed immediately we needed a refrigerator, called it in himself, and it was here within minutes. Same thing when I found out I had forgotten to bring an ethernet cable.

My wife has always been a big fan of the Arts and Crafts style, so for her, this is a real treat. She enoyed how although the halls are narrow, the wallpaper gave one the sensation of walking through a forest. Not to mention the Tiffany lamps, and all the other details in the lobby.

I had read some reports before coming here from folks who thought the room were on the small side; however, they seem like rather average Marriott size to me. It's not a problem for us--escept they were out of king bed rooms.

In short, we like the place. It's going to be an awesome week!

• Minion

I love the GCH also. Tell your wife to check out the free hotel tour. I think its everyday at 2. She'll (or all of you) learn alot about the hotel design. Have a great time. How long will you be there?

• Senior Minion

We're here through Sunday...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Woo hoo! Have fun!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Senior Minion

Two more amazing things...seeing some of and (and hearing, sort of out of sync) "Remember" from the balcony of our room (which is a park view, but still--wow. What shots!

And then there's sitting out in the morning as a cool breeze wafts in, with a cup of coffee, and hearing nothing in the park but the sounds of the birds, and a couple of toots of the steam whistle over at DL. Life is good. Thanks, Walt!

• Race Car Driver

Have a Great time!!
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Wow, basking in the famed arts and crafts movement of California. And in a park veiw room no less! It must be difficult.

I'll be at WDW this weekend, but you really should stop by the hub at noon to say hello to the MiceAge/Chat folks.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Santa Barbara, CA

Great place to stay. Don't forget to steal the TV.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Know More Than You Should

Cool! Have fun! Oh, and be sure to tell us all about it!

• CM for 4 years!

I'm going to stay in the GCH on May 24. It's going to be soooo much fun. Except we're Downtown Disney view, so no fanfare for fireworks really. But our room rate was only $219 plus taxes, so whatever.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    My wife has always been a big fan of the Arts and Crafts style, so for her, this is a real treat. She enoyed how although the halls are narrow, the wallpaper gave one the sensation of walking through a forest. Not to mention the Tiffany lamps, and all the other details in the lobby.
    Wotan, if your wife is a fan of the architecture and the Arts and Crafts period, you MUST call concierge and get her on the Art of the Craft tour sometime this week. It's a historical tour of the hotel, and it's FREE if you're staying there! Just call the concierge desk and book yourselves onto it!!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Still wants to be a cat!

Glad you like the GCH, look forward to meeting you and your wife Friday.....hope you guys have a great time at the Disneyland Resort!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette