Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Believe in Holiday Magic... In HD!

Hey guys, just started playing around with mt new Mac and thought I would test drive the video editing and web editing software. I have put together a highlighs version of "Believe" in HD and posted it online. It's about three minutes n length and should be streaming.

Warning to those with slower computers, this could take a while for you to download, s be paitent. HD files are HUGE (thus the reason I am only posting a few minutes of the show). Let me know how this turns out, I need some imput frm ya'll. If everyone likes it, I am going to purchase more memory to post the full shows.

Thanks and enjoy!

Believe In Holiday Magic (Highlights Version)

• I love this place!

Re: Believe in Holiday Magic... In HD!

That was awesome!
    It took about 3-4 minutes to download on my DSL line, not too bad (what that would equal in dial-up time I have no idea, an eternity perhaps).
    Really liked the spot you had for filming, it's nice and close and you got everything. I felt sorry for people trying to record Remember... 'cause it was impossible to get everything.
    I really have to compliment you on the sound quality. Most home videos I've seen on the internet have such muddy sound, but this was quite clear.
    And your transitions were very well done, good effects and timed well too!
    Great job! Next best thing to being there!

• I'm not really here

Yeah, HD files are massive beyond reason. Thanks for posting those highlights though! It looks like an amazing show. I love the nutcracker segment.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Awesome clips with great quality, and it only took like 30 seconds for my average speed DSL to download it all. Not that big a file really.

• Minion

Great video! Thanks!

I'm curious though...is it just that you created a higher quality HD file from your video source? Or was your source material in true HD too (or in other words, do you have an HD camera?)? I ask because as sharp as that looked...it didn't look as sharp as the type of HDTV I'm used to seeing. Or is this a different type of "HD." I'm guessing that your source might not have been true HD and that you just converted it to an HD file for better viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive
    It took about 3-4 minutes to download on my DSL line, not too bad
    Yeah...just depends on your broadband service. Only took me 34 seconds for the entire download. That download rate looked to be about 4 times faster than the playback rate, so that video had no problem starting playback almost instantly from the intial page opening, and the download bar shot way ahead of the playback marker. We've got AT&T DSL at 6016 Kbps.

• Main Gypsy

Phenomenal!

• Banned User

That was great. You need to post a torrent and make the whole video available for download.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

WOW!! Thanks for sharing that. It was phenomenal. Great job!

I agree with SpokkerJones. You aught to post that at www.Mousebits.com

• Zero Blockout Dates

OUTSTANDING!
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Wow! If this is what a Mac is capable of I may have to rethink my next desktop OS!
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Great video! Thanks!

I'm curious though...is it just that you created a higher quality HD file from your video source? Or was your source material in true HD too (or in other words, do you have an HD camera?)? I ask because as sharp as that looked...it didn't look as sharp as the type of HDTV I'm used to seeing. Or is this a different type of "HD." I'm guessing that your source might not have been true HD and that you just converted it to an HD file for better viewing?

Yeah...just depends on your broadband service. Only took me 34 seconds for the entire download. That download rate looked to be about 4 times faster than the playback rate, so that video had no problem starting playback almost instantly from the intial page opening, and the download bar shot way ahead of the playback marker. We've got AT&T DSL at 6016 Kbps.
    Thanks for the kudos. Its s true HDV Camera (Sony HDR-HC3). ou can buy one now for about $1200. There are a fw reasons the quality is not as good as "true" hd.... 1) becuase its a sinle chip camera as opposed to a three chip camera... 2) all HD camera's have problems with low light environments. Watch my video again and notice that during the extremely low lighting the shots are very grainy, but when there is a great deal of light, the shots are fabulous.

Hmm...for some reason this message is showing up when i click the link

We're Sorry
    You have requested a page that is not currently available due to data transfer restrictions. If the page you requested is yours, click here for more information.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Banned User

^^I am getting that too.

Hmmm... it seems that the site has gone down due to too many hits. Let me work on this a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast