• Like it! Just not in place of Storybook Land

9 23.08%
  • Thanks, but no

18 46.15%
  • Hate it

5 12.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Idea To Cause Commotion

After replying to a thread about our least favorite land and commenting that I wished Fantasyland had some more fantasy other than Disney's films, I came up with another idea.

Storybook Land would become....Storybook Land.

Yes, the title wouldn't change and elements of the ride wouldn't change either. But instead of drifting past tiny life-less houses and giant ducks guests would take a boat through an enchanted forest which is home to many classic fairy tales.

After passing through Monstro guests would pass under a bridge where an AA troll welcomes you into the enchanted forest. As you explore you come across show scenes featuring various creatures of fantasy. A unicorn drinking from the water, gnomes timidly poking their heads out of the ground, sprites and fairies zipping around from tree to tree, a candy forest where the witche's gingerbread house sits up on the hill, and even a dragon in the current Aladdin's cave section.

The dragon doesn't even have to be a scary one, it can be more along the lines of Pete's Dragon or the Reluctant Dragon.

Along the route, the guide would tell us the tales of these creatures and locations such as Billy Goats Gruff, Hansel and Gretle, Jack and the Beanstalk.

I would even keep elements of the current storybook land by keeping the castle on the hill, the lighthouse could be changed into a castle tower, and I would like to see some of the minatures stay as you journeyed past the Liliputian town.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Another Idea To Cause Commotion

I have mixed feelings on your idea. I do love the creativity and the thought you put into it. It's very unique.

However, if they were to do something like that I'd prefer for them to put in Disney characters.

Maybe they could install a Repunzel section now that the movie will be coming out in a couple years.

...Joe...

• official corn dog taster

i like your ideas but i would also add a 12 story drop and the missing loop from screaming in there too...and a duck, a huge animatronic duck, that quacks the theme to green acres...yeah now thats a ride

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    i like your ideas but i would also add a 12 story drop and the missing loop from screaming in there too...and a duck, a huge animatronic duck, that quacks the theme to green acres...yeah now thats a ride
    ROFL! And don't forget the shark that would come out after you! Er...wait, that's another park...forget I said anything!

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I have mixed feelings on your idea. I do love the creativity and the thought you put into it. It's very unique.

However, if they were to do something like that I'd prefer for them to put in Disney characters.

Maybe they could install a Repunzel section now that the movie will be coming out in a couple years.

...Joe...

Yah, I feel the same way, but I voted "no thanks", though I do like the idea. But it definitely needs a Disney twist to make it work I think.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think this would be a good idea if it incorporates Disney characters. Based on this I voted, Thanks, but no...

• Minion

It sounds pretty generic really....like something you would see in another park. The advantage that the current storybook land has is that it OWNS the rights to these movies and can easily use scenes from them, scenes that guests will recognize. Having some generic troll welcoming you to the enchanted forest will leave kids asking "who is that?"

I don't understand why everyone is so dependent upon Disney characters. I read posts lamenting the death of Journey into Imagination, an original non-thrill ride which created a Disney character, I read posts of people complaining about the surge in movie-based rides and the lack of original ideas, but everyone can't accept unicorns, trolls, and fairies unless they happen to have been featured in something prior or are all donning mouse ears.

•   
    • Minion

You mean something like this:

http://www.fairyland.org/

Ah yes, Oakland, CA...

This park predates Disneyland... In fact Walt visited it durring his research...

You know Pixar is only a few short miles away...
    Check out my other blog:

• Hooterville, USA

I like the idea and welcome it to this forum.

And if not in FL, then maybe in Toontown.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so dependent upon Disney characters. I read posts lamenting the death of Journey into Imagination, an original non-thrill ride which created a Disney character, I read posts of people complaining about the surge in movie-based rides and the lack of original ideas, but everyone can't accept unicorns, trolls, and fairies unless they happen to have been featured in something prior or are all donning mouse ears.
    Based on this, it seems this would go good in another area of the park that does not strike such a nostalgic chord in people such as Storybook Land. I do like the idea and understand what you are talking about. But to put this in Storybook Land is akin to changing TSI to Pirate Island.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    It sounds pretty generic really....like something you would see in another park. The advantage that the current storybook land has is that it OWNS the rights to these movies and can easily use scenes from them, scenes that guests will recognize. Having some generic troll welcoming you to the enchanted forest will leave kids asking "who is that?"
    I think you underestimate children. Many kids know stories of trolls that live under bridges. I never asked the name of Harrold on the matterhorn when I was a kid, I hadn't seen Mr. Toad but still loved it when I rode it the first time. Most kids haven't seen half of the films in Storybook Land, like Mr. Toad or The Old Mill, yet they are still interesting due to the Disney charm and magic.

And the ride we have is more generic in my opinion. Train models. I have ridden a few rip-offs with the exact same show scenes because they are so cheap and easy to do. A castle on a hill with a pumpkin coach, a small Itallian villiage where Pinocchio lived, a London scene where Peter Pan took the Darling children away. All of these are very generic and can't be owned by Disney. The only one Disney has a chance of protecting is the stylized pallace from Aladdin. Sure, none of the rip-offs I rode had the music or the detail of a Disney ride, but it was still a generic storybook land. Little model towns and scenes from the same fairy tales of Disney, the same fairy tales that cannot be owned by any one company.

Adding in AA's and more detail seems like it would make the ride less generic. How many theme parks can afford a well done AA troll or Unicorn, much less the other animated scenes I mentioned? When children are transported into a magical world they are in awe, not asking who the troll is or where is Ariel.

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

yeah that would be a pretty sweet ride if there was a drop and a loop then more ppl would flock to DL instead of the lame California Adventure *gag*

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Interesting idea - but many of these 'fantasy' stories have no relativity to Disney unless Disney took one of them and made a movie about it or something. After all, this is Disneyland, you know.

• Minion

Blog Entries

......we rely on disney because the park is DISNEYland......you can just thow a bunch of generics in there when they have a bunch of great charcters and places already developed... i think maybe add some AA's of disney characters...but nothing generic...i think they would have to cover it though to make sure the y aren't constantly having to do fixup work on the aa's because of the elements...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast