35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland on July 17th

31 88.57%
  • Walt Disney World instead

4 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do???

Question What to do???

Hello everyone! I need help!!!! :confused: What to do about the 50th celebration at DL. I have reservations to be there on July 17th to witness the big day. But now I am torn between that and WDW. You see, we went to Florida in August/Sept for WDW and the Disney Cruise but all plans were messed up because of the hurricane. My best friend lives in Orlando so the cost is the same to us. My 19 yr old stepdaughter (now living with us) has never been to Florida. Any suggestions from anyone??? I'm affraid to go to Florida in case they do something with the draw bridge on the 17th. That's why I booked it, amongst other reasons. What would you do???

Thanks so much to eveyone that has responded. I pretty much new my decision but I want to make everyone happy. I'm a Disney A-holic!! we go to DL about 6 times a year and WDW at least once. I too want to be there just to say I was there. I already know it will be packed! But I don't care. I recently was told about this website and find it very interesting to read through. Take care and thanks again for all the comments !
    Last edited by dsnymickey3; 01-28-2005 at 06:27 PM.

• It's all nonsense

Do both...hee hee

• Minion

Disneyland will only have one 50th celebration and WDW isnt going any where so i say go to DL and catch the Celebration on the 17th.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I think it depends on how well you know both parks. There's an incredible amount of theming, riding, and seeing in WDW that doesn't exist at DLR. If you haven't seen it before, then you really should consider Florida. On the other hand, if you've already seen the World, so to speak, you might as well save yourself from long travel and go to DLR.

There is such a thing as too much trivial Disney knowledge, and I think planning your vacation on the possibility of a drawbridge going up and down really isn't worth it, no matter how rarely it happens. I'd certainly not want to miss out on all the stuff in WDW for it.

edited to add: Unelss it's a suprise trip, talk to your stepdaughter as well if you haven't. She may be averse to the long trip to Florida or she may prefer it because she hasn't seen it before. DL on a weekend is going to be cramped and filled with strollers and kidlets, especially on The Big Weekend. Florida might be more relaxed.

• I won't grow up!

Deffinitly Disneyland
    I am sure many more things will be happening there!

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Differently clued

Well, WDW has an anniversary coming up too. Why don't you wait until they've completed Everest? I figure it's Disneyland's 50th and that only happens once. That's where you'll find me anyways.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Baybeh!

Disneyland for sure

I want to be there to partake in the annual happy birthday song!

I go to WDW every year but haven't been back to DL in 5 years. I used to go to DL at least 4-5 times a year but the park got so run down and the cms seemed to loose there magic (no offense to anyone I wouldn't have been happy working there back then either). There were no new E-tickets are even lesser attractions to get excited about so I just stopped going. But now it looks like DL will look brand new for it's 50th and I'm really excited about going back. WDW will always be there but DL means so much to me that I want to able I want to be there on july 17th just so I can say I was there.

• e komo mai

Disneyland. Totally. No question about it.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Disneyland!

• Compulsive Map Collector

Disneyland for sure.

We are planning on coming to DL for the 17th from Canada. We have visited the parks when they have been crowded but can any share what they did on past July 17ths. I expect DL to be PACKED! and I am not sure what normally happens every year, let alone for this special event?

Disneyland of course!

• Luckiest Man Alive!

Disneyland will only have one 50th birthday, I'm sure that it will be a party!
    Robert

• I like Cheese...

DL. and not just because Orlando is not exactly comfortable in mid July...

If you really have no problems with the possibility of crowds... go for it!

This is interesting, though... and it's something I hadn't even thought of... we're planning our (first!) trip to DL in July... I wasn't even thinking how it would be very close to the actual anniversary... Do you think it's a good idea for our very first DL experience to be on what could possibly be the most crowded time for DL EVER?!

*scared*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast