Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I never get tired of it. Haha, I just went today for 6 hours. I love Disneyland, the atmosphere is so great. I get tired of other places like Six Flags MM and Universal Studios.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I use to go only once a year, then I got a pass and I seem to be going more and more often...it's like a drug, the more I go, the more I want to go again. For me, it's a different experience each time. Sometimes I go and it's rides, rides, rides and then the next time I go, I'm perfectly content to sit and watch people. But, what I do try to do, is do something either I've never done before or something I haven't done in a long time on every trip. That way there's always something new and you never get bored with the park. And like some of the others said, depending if you go by yourself or with others also makes it a different experience each time too.

• !

never

• Rock Star Minion

It was getting very old-looking, until CM Matt took over.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan
    I use to go only once a year, then I got a pass and I seem to be going more and more often...it's like a drug, the more I go, the more I want to go again. For me, it's a different experience each time. Sometimes I go and it's rides, rides, rides and then the next time I go, I'm perfectly content to sit and watch people. But, what I do try to do, is do something either I've never done before or something I haven't done in a long time on every trip. That way there's always something new and you never get bored with the park. And like some of the others said, depending if you go by yourself or with others also makes it a different experience each time too.
    This is how I feel about it.

Each experience is different for me. I see the park from the perspective of Disney fan and the mother of Disney fans. Things I might not even notice are exciting to my kids. I love seeing the park through their eyes.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• The Magics in the details

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    I was wondering and ask all the Disneyland regulars (locals, AP holder or not, just regular visitors 2-3 times a month or more), what keeps the park fresh to you? Does it ever get old?

I realize this may seem to be a silly question, obviously, you love DL, but I am curious. Any thoughts?

I love looking at Darkbeers photos and everyone elses updates, it makes me feel like I am right in the thick of things.

Snow
    who never visits enough to make DL anything but fresh and new (last vist 1977 - pathetic)
    I've been a DL regular for as long as I can remember and got my first AP the first year they were offered in 1984 and have only missed a handful of years as an Annual Passholder. I have also been a CM for 4 years. . . . it still hasn't gotten old for me.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Wasn't Me!

I have been going since I was a kid and I am still not tired of it! I go usually once a week or so! But most of my time is spent relaxing, people watching and talking to friends of ours.

I do have to say that my favorite part of going to Disneyland is sharing it with others! I love being a tour guide for people that have never been or those that don't go as much as us APs.

I love the details of the park! I love sharing stories and hidden secrets of the park! How can you grow tired of sharing something so exciting!?!?

• My laughing place

I love Disneyland and its hard to get tired of a place that seems like a second since I moved down here in 1992. As others have already mentioned, I love to look at the park through someone else's eyes. The excitement on a little childs eyes is great !! I really dont mind offering to take someone's pic or give directions. Disneyland is really a special place for me.
    If I ever feel like Im getting bored I may not go for 2-3 weeks or until I really start to miss the place (sometimes it doesnt take long) and the when I go again the excitment is right back.

• Rainicorn.

I love this thread!

I don't get tired of Disneyland, ever. Now that I am going to be a passholder, there is a world of opportunities at my fingertips; I can take the park at a slower pace and check out all the details that I would miss when I'm hardcoring the park with my buddies. All of my friends are guys and are all about the action action action! haha.

I can't wait to take a slow stroll down Main Street with my lovely boyfriend with an ice cream or churro in the other hand... enjoying the sights and sounds!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

For many of us, just being there evokes feelings of serenity and security, something you just don't tire of.
    Do you find yourself ever getting tired of sunsets? the ocean? a fireplace? hugs from a loved one?

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk
    Do you find yourself ever getting tired of sunsets? the ocean? a fireplace? hugs from a loved one?
    YES.

Just kidding.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Keeping it alive in Disneyland

Wow!! It is funny Snowflake that you ask such a question... I think that my husband and I found it to not be as exciting after awhile the first year that we had passes in 2003. After they expired we decided to take a break from Disneyland. I felt that I had lost the magic feeling of going to Disneyland. So here we are in 2005 and I am ready to experience the magic again. I was missing all the times that we could go there just to spend three hours together. We even would go there with our friends just to eat at Pizza Rocket in Disneyland. We found it to be a fun date night together or day if we wanted to make a day of it. I don't think that I can ever not like Disneyland because there is always something there to do. Like I had mentioned before we would go just to eat or shop or go only on one ride. We don't feel that we have to stay the whole day anymore with the passes. I love going for the day but a few hours is fun also. If you need to spend some time doing something different go to Innoventions. You can get lost there and there is always something new to see or do. I enjoy Disneyland.. Being from northern california growing up I only go to to about twice in my life till I moved out here to go to school and be with my husband. It is a lot of fun.. you just have to make the best of it when visiting Disneyland or California Adventure. You can always make a memory when you go but it is up to you if that will happen. Hope this could answer some questions for you.
    Spunkytink

Disneyland is like a second home to me. Growing up, my mom would take my sister and I there for our birthdays and sometimes just suprise us in the morning with "get ready, were going to Disneyland". My earliest memories there are with my grandparents sittng on the rocks in front of the pirate ship in fantasyland (vague memories---i'm not that old!) One of my first jobs was working on SkyWay. I have watched the park through it's ups and downs. As other people said before me, there is always something new to experience there from the smallest things (like "wow, that new paint looks great or look at the new way they planted that flower bed) to huge things (going to the opening of a new attraction or seeing a new fireworks extravaganza). I was there tonight and rode Jungle Cruise just to take in some of the details that I missed when I first rode it after it re-opened.

• Circle of Ancients

We went through a period last year where we were tired of going. Didn't renew our AP's, didn't plan to either. We didn't go from August of last year until April of this year. We started getting withdrawals. We went in April, we went last Sunday and will be there this Sunday, although just to watch Block Party, Parade of Dreams and Remember since we didn't stay late last week ... If we don't do any rides so be it.

• My arms are tired!

Well, I guess I have so much to look forward to! I also take it, I'm going to need more than a couple of days to soak all that detail in! A difficult job, but I'll risk it!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast