Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• My arms are tired!

Disneyland Regulars - does the park ever get old?

I was wondering and ask all the Disneyland regulars (locals, AP holder or not, just regular visitors 2-3 times a month or more), what keeps the park fresh to you? Does it ever get old?

I realize this may seem to be a silly question, obviously, you love DL, but I am curious. Any thoughts?

I love looking at Darkbeers photos and everyone elses updates, it makes me feel like I am right in the thick of things.

Snow
    who never visits enough to make DL anything but fresh and new (last vist 1977 - pathetic)

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!
    i dont get tired of it...i actually like going, they have things happening, its gotten a lot better since 77, no doubt..i wasnt even created yet..but its just a place where me and my gf take pics and enjoy going on rides...
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Gay Man

I get sick of the part on and off. I find I'm going into another high season" for park visits and, in some ways, I am not looking forward to it. However, I also make sure I balance my life with other things that interest me. I find that, if I am experiencing a wide range of different activities, I never get bored with any of them. If I'm just going to DL and not going anywhere else, I get bored with the Park. However, now things are so fresh, new and exciting at DL, it's much harder to become bored.

• Still wants to be a cat!

There is always something new to see or experience at the Park, haven't got tired of it yet, but when the summer crowds hit, we'll wait and see, last year I dreaded a trip (whenever Marina requested a visit) during the summer, tend to go less during the high season.....We usually like to travel during the summer, off about the country, so we see a lot of other things....our family has a passion for Zoos! Plus family in Canada, North Carolina and Nebraska that we make yearly trips to see! But can hardly wait for the fall again, so I can pull Marina (bad girl) from school and go back to the "Happiest Place on Earth"!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Id love to be a Regular at Disneyland but from Coming down from Canada so Much I feel like a Regular with my Annual pass stickin out of my pocket, haha

• Banned User

I don't get to go 2-3 times a month, but have gone 30 days or so over the past 3 years.

I find the park changes often.

At first it was rides, rides, rides.... Can I do Indy, Mansion, Pirates, BTMRR, Splash, etc 3 times each, in only 1 day....

Then I started doing each ride only once each, and taking time to see shows and eat a meal.

Then, if I didn't get to do a ride, engh, I'll catch it next time.

Now, I arrive at opening, do as many rides as I can in the first 4 hours, then just kind of "hang out" the rest of the day. Unless my daughter is with me.... Then it is rides, rides, rides all day long. She doesn't get to go nearly as often as I do. But, I live 6 hours away so going to the park is still an event in many ways. If I lived closer, the hole day would probably just be hanging out.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

There can be a bit of "we just did this" involved with frequent visits. However, the park is so dense with detail, if you really take the time to do and see all the "little things" you can really make each visit different. When was the last time you played every game and machine in the Arcade on Main Street... visited every shop... went on Casey Jones Jr. and Storybookland, etc? We were there Tuesday and managed to hit every land, but ran out of time before doing even half of what was available. I think there's a real tendency to walk by a lot of stuff to get to the E-Tickets and then each visit can wind up being a trip to the same ol' E-tickets each time. We were just in the park Tuesday. I could go again today and have a completely different experience. Then... there's always DCA.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I enjoy going and just doing a few things at the park at a time, and doing more if time and crowds allow for it, it saves on the frustration of expectations of needing to do certain attractions. I also think the experience changes each time depending on who you're with, sometimes I'll go by myself just to relax, or I'll meet up with one other person, or a small group, or in the case of Sunday 29 other micechatters. That adds variety to the experiences and a lot of fun as well. Since starting to go frequently, I've gotten to experience more and more of the park that people take for granted, but makes it worth me going for a night or an afternoon.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Metal Head

No
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Like Anders said, it REALLY depends on who you're with. I have had a great time at DL and not gone a single ride the whole day. Just walk around, watch billy hill, sit on the porch, peruse the shops, and provide directions to "stupid" tourists (no offense)

• Banned User

Nope! I go every Friday and during the Summer last year it was more like 3-4 times a week... a lot of my friends have passes so different people go and we always do different things.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    I enjoy going and just doing a few things at the park at a time, and doing more if time and crowds allow for it, it saves on the frustration of expectations of needing to do certain attractions. I also think the experience changes each time depending on who you're with, sometimes I'll go by myself just to relax, or I'll meet up with one other person, or a small group, or in the case of Sunday 29 other micechatters. That adds variety to the experiences and a lot of fun as well. Since starting to go frequently, I've gotten to experience more and more of the park that people take for granted, but makes it worth me going for a night or an afternoon.
    Jr Miss Sunnygirl and I feel exactly the same way. Going for 3 or 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon and hopping on 5 or 6 rides saves on frustration! And it NEVER gets old.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Minion

I will never get tired of Pirates...

Ever...

Now parade music like what was in the Mickey Mouse Cavalcade? I am still undergoing psychotherapy... :barf:
    Check out my other blog:

• My arms are tired!

Wow! Excellent bunch of responses and gives me loads to think about!

I think you're right about the detail of the park being enthralling enough and also the point of whether or not you are visiting alone, with one friend or with ten!

I do know one thing, all the regulars are really fortunate to be so close to such a magical place!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• Circle of Ancients

Unfortunately, I don't live near DL, so I can't answer this. But my love for it never gets old. It's like home, and home (for me at least) never gets old. There is always something to look for...

But you can tell that I have thoughts of the 50th dancing in my head when I thought this thread said: "does the park ever get Gold"... LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast