Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Cub

Gregory_510's Disneyland 12/10 - 12/13 Trip Report

Hello all, and welcome to my very first trip report! I haven't been to Disneyland since 1997 so I was excited when my partner and I made plans to rent a car and drive down. We took his niece with us, it was her birthday on the 12th and she was very excited.

We left the Bay Area at 10:00pm in our Dodge Charger rental, a great car and really fun to drive. (gotta love the hemmy!) I was so excited I drove 90mph just about the whole way down and we arrived at the Red Roof Inn around 4:00am. The room was decent, about what I expected, nothing amazing but clean and the beds were comfortable. We grabbed a few hours of sleep before Disneyland opened at 8am.

Day 1

We were close enough the the resort that we decided to walk over to Captain Kids for their breakfast buffet a friend had recommended. I was very disappointed with the buffet, the selection was very slim and the waffles and pancakes were dry and hard as a rock. Needless to say, we decided to skip Capitan Kids the next few days.

As we approached the Disneyland entrance I noticed the new "Year of a Million Dreams" flags over the entry gates.

After Showing the kindly older gentleman at the turnstiles our temporary annual passes I purchased on line I took a few shots of the Main Street Train Station.

We were going to be at the resort for three days so we took our time walking down Main Street, just absorbing all the Disney magic! Of course as soon as my partner saw his favorite character Cruella Deville we had to stop and snap a photo. She was great, very sassy and a little bossy but still fabulous!

I also snapped a pic of the Christmas tree. I hate those wires that hold up the tree so I photoshoped them out.

We decided to start our day out on Space Mountain.

After Tomorrowland we decided to head over to the Matterhorn to see if it was up and running. The cars were being cycled but the cast member told us the mountain was not due to open until Friday. We decided we would check back later but I grabbed a few pictures before we headed on.

Alice was open so we hopped in a Caterpillar and took a ride down the rabbit hole. While in line a snapped a few more pics.

Next we decided to see about the line at my all time favorite ride, Splash Mountain, The posted wait time was 25 min so we gave it a go.

We got seated in the very front of the log with 2 small girls behind us. Well, we weren't thinking this would be a problem until we went down the first drop and the front half of our log dipped 5" under the water, soaking my partner's pants. I'm sure you can see what's coming... on the final drop we got so wet that we had to go back to the hotel to change! I was soaked through my shoes and all the way down to my underwear!

After we changed at the hotel my partner decided to take a nap and his niece and I headed into California Adventure to see the last showing for the day of Alladin. The show was great, the genie was very funny and the effects were cool.

We met up with my partner in Disneyland and took our Annual Pass Pictures before heading to the River Belle Terrace for dinner. It started to rain on the walk over so we rushing inside. We all had the Clam Chowder Bowl, it was pretty good and I'd have it again. the only problem was that there was no seating indoors, we ended up going over to the Golden Horseshoe to find an empty table.

We decided to ride all the Fantasyland attractions after the fireworks and then headed back to our hotel at midnight, beat and with sore feet but ready for the next day.

day 2 coming soon!
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    -Walt Disney

http://www.myspace.com/gregoryj

• n/a

Re: Gregory_510's Disneyland 12/10 - 12/13 Trip Report

The guy in the green looks like a young Buddy Hackett!
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome to MiceChat Gregory!! Awesome pictures so far!! Hey I was there on the 10th!! You should of come to the noon meet!! Or were you there and I just missed meeting you???

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• It's all about Theme!

Thanks for your report!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• For You!

Yeah, I could have warned you about Captain Kidd's - so nasty. Other than that and the soaked pants - sound like lots of fun so far!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

great start, cant' wait to see the rest!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Great pics man! I can't wait to see the rest!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

awsome report so far....very cool

• Senior Minion

Besides getting totally soaked, it looks like you all had a great time.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the pics Gregory! All I have to say is H-E-M-I. Love it. Great Pics.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Welcome to MiceChat Gregory!! Awesome pictures so far!! Hey I was there on the 10th!! You should of come to the noon meet!! Or were you there and I just missed meeting you???
    I was going to say the same thing! Anyway, great report so far, and again, welcome to MiceChat!!!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• World Traveler

Great report so far. More please! Oh, and I got soaked on Splash too!

• Disney Cub

Day 2

We decided to sleep in a bit after our all night drive and all day of fun the day before, California Adventure opened at 10am so that seemed like the park for us. We woke up at around 8:30 and hopped in the car, the walk to the hotel was a little much the day before so I suggested that we add parking to one of our annual passes and just drive to the parking structure for now on. We parked in Daisy 2C and headed for a tram.

Once we arrived at Downtown Disney we headed for the Rain forest Cafe for breakfast on the advice of a very friendly Cast Member in World of Disney. I had the Mexican breakfast pizza, it was sooo good that we went back the next day and all 3 ordered it!

After Ran forest we stopped in at Vault 28 to see what they had and my partner found a hoodie designed by Gwen Stefani that he had to have. We left Vault 28 and headed into DCA to be greeted by Sully!

This was my first time in DCA and I was disappointed, the park is small, the attractions were limited and the theming seemed disjointed. We only rode a few attractions (Soarin' was great) and decided to head back to DL for some real fun.

Our first ride in DL was Aotopia where I grabbed a few sub lagoon construction shots.

I took this pic of a bunch of trash on the People Mover tracks.

Next we took a trip around the world on Small World Holiday. I really love this overlay, it was great that they kept all the old dolls and just added holiday decorations. Haunted Mansion Holiday was not nearly as fun for me. I missed the original ride and it seemed that the whole ride had changed, not just been spruced up for Christmas.

After dark I snapped a few photos of the castle, I like this one.

We also checked out Big Thunder Ranch and decorated cookies with the reindeer.

On our way out of the park Pluto was sitting near the Opera House so I grabbed a picture with him.

Day 2 was a blast, we just relaxed and took our time, enjoying everything that is Disney!
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    -Walt Disney

http://www.myspace.com/gregoryj

• All you need is LOVE

Great photos thanks for sharing

Cute pic of you and Pluto!
    What in the world is a Mexican Breakfast Pizza?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast