Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: NEW! Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Sign UP!

Well, at least it looks like it won't be too messy around that area for when they bring back the Monorail.

I think it looks absolutely great. Kudos to the Imagineer(s) who designed it. And I love how the coral rockwork is going to be part of the queue, since it's below the Monorail Station, which, by the way, I don't find Monorail's sign to be hideous. I think it looks cool also with its futuristic feel.

It is kind of lame to have "From..." underneath. As if nobody know where the character Nemo is from, unless a person has only seen Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I know Disney is probably forced to do it, letting everyone know it was PIXAR, and NOT Disney who created this film. But, you don't walk over to Pinocchio's Daring Journey and see a sign that says "From Disney's Pinocchio." Heck, you don't even walk to Splash Mountain to see a sign that says, "From Disney's Song of the South." Oh well, just more Politically Correct crap...

• Comin' at ya!

GREAT sign!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Yes. The "from" is because of the Disney-Pixar nature of the movie and ride.
    If it was solely Disney, they wouldn't have to. And even though Disney owns Pixar, it's a brand of its own. (Think Nintendo and Retro, or Microsoft and RARE)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

^^ Yup.

Once they start making movies as one Disney brand, there will be no need to make the subtitle that it's Pixar.

If The Incredibles do in fact make their mark on the old PM/RR track, we'll see the same thing there, too.

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    i see that and i think "we all live in a yellow submarine...a yellow submarine..." and so on and so forth...
    I used to sing that as a kid while in line for the ride

The new sign is very nice looking. I like the emphasis on Submarine Voyage.

• Banned User

What is this ride about anyway? How much of it is going to be old versus new stuff? Is it going to be an E-Ticket upgrade or can we basically expect a Winnie the Pooh affair?

Thanks for the pics Darkbeer. Appreciate you efforts to let us follow the construction.
    The Mur

• Senior Minion

Looks great! Thanks Darkbeer.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    What is this ride about anyway? How much of it is going to be old versus new stuff? Is it going to be an E-Ticket upgrade or can we basically expect a Winnie the Pooh affair?
    As with all new attractions that take the place of something old, I'm sure there will be a nod to the original Submarine Voyage, if not numerous nods to the original.

This attraction will be an E-Ticket through and through, I would expect an incredibly immersive experience (something that Pooh fails to deliver) with some real "how'd they do that?" special effects.

This is Disneyland proper's first real E-Ticket since Indiana Jones opened, and not only is Imagineering and Disney under a lot of pressure to deliver a true, world-class E-Ticket experience by the media and normal guests, but they've got a LOT of Disneyland purists and big time fans of the original attraction to answer to. I don't think we'll be disappointed by the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Oh, and the new signage is great. I love it. Saw it this evening when I was in the park. Got photos as well. Will post later.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 12-15-2006 at 01:08 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

The sign looks great!!! I can't wait to see the attraction!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• World Traveler

I'm sure there will be a store selling "Disney - Pixar's 'Finding Nemo'" DVD at the exit!

Nice to see the progress, but I have to say that I don't really care for the sign. It isn't that bad, but I just don't like it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    I think it looks absolutely great. Kudos to the Imagineer(s) who designed it. And I love how the coral rockwork is going to be part of the queue, since it's below the Monorail Station, which, by the way, I don't find Monorail's sign to be hideous. I think it looks cool also with its futuristic feel.

It is kind of lame to have "From..." underneath. As if nobody know where the character Nemo is from, unless a person has only seen Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I know Disney is probably forced to do it, letting everyone know it was PIXAR, and NOT Disney who created this film. But, you don't walk over to Pinocchio's Daring Journey and see a sign that says "From Disney's Pinocchio." Heck, you don't even walk to Splash Mountain to see a sign that says, "From Disney's Song of the South." Oh well, just more Politically Correct crap...
    The sign looks great! It emphasizes Submarine Voyage, which to me is reminiscent of the sign that was there before it.

As for the "From" part. Maybe legally they have to put it because Pixar was not a part of Disney at the time. I don't know, because now that Disney owns Pixar, I would think that includes the copyrights to Nemo. I think one of the main reasons they did that is to enforce in people's minds that Nemo is in fact now a Disney character, versus just a Pixar character. People may see the sign and think, "Oh this is based on a Pixar movie." If they read it in fact it will educate them that Nemo is also a Disney character.

I know a lot of you are not going to agree, but Nemo, Monsters, and the rest of the Pixar characters are just as much Disney characters as are Mickey Mouse and the rest.

I really like the sign, it's bright and fresh! And kudos to Disney for making the Submarine Voyage letters the primary focus and not Nemo.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast