Question Best time to go??

We always go to DL about 2 weeks before Christmas, but since it is the 50th..we were thinking about breaking a couple of traditions and going for the Thanksgiving weekend. Isn't that typically one of the least crowded times of the year? Also, when exactly do the Chrismas decorations go up? I know HM-H will be done by then. I was also wondering that since this is the 50th, if they are planning on all the decorations for the holidays and if the Christmas Fantasy parade will be going on. I love it, but I hope they don't this year and have the 50th parade and fireworks all year.
    This is my first post, sorry it's so long. I've been an avid reader of Al's columns for years and love all the info. The boards are great fun too!

Thanks

• Senior Minion

Actually it is one of the Busier times. I always got the week before Thanks giving. The hours are shorter but not as many people usually the Monday before Thanksgiving you get your out of school crowd. and right through that weekend.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Rainicorn.

Christmas usually goes up in November.

And it is quite busy. It's the start of the holiday season for Disney, and with HMH coming up... the park gets a nice little boost during the weekends, esp Thanksgiving. Try going the first or 2nd week of December, weather permitting.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• The Magics in the details

ya, it's generally really busy around thanksgiving. Decorations usually go up right around thanksgiving time.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Christmas usually goes up in November.

And it is quite busy. It's the start of the holiday season for Disney, and with HMH coming up... the park gets a nice little boost during the weekends, esp Thanksgiving. Try going the first or 2nd week of December, weather permitting.
    No HMH this year, I read somewhere on here. (the 50th)
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    No HMH this year, I read somewhere on here. (the 50th)
    I heard they're still doing it. Coming down in September as always and also doing refurb on PotC? Ahhhhhhh... conflicting messages. :confused:
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --