Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,374

    neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    I have noticed from time to time items as I visit disneyland that were overlooked when certain attractions are slated for refurbishment.

  2. #2

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I have noticed from time to time items as I visit disneyland that were overlooked when certain attractions are slated for refurbishment.
    Yup. But don't feel too bad. WDW has more of those than DL does.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    two items that need to be fixed:

    potc: the characters on the wall of the queue area: some of the artwork is either faded, or disappearing.


    tarzan's treehouse: one or two of the "storybooks" are either torn, or damaged.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Yup. But don't feel too bad. WDW has more of those than DL does.
    upkeep and repairs must be done on a more regular basis. it shouldnt fall upon us guests(and shareholders-many of us, like me are both) to point out problems like these. this should be the responsibility of the cast members and cast leads.

  5. #5

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Just around the riverbend
    Posts
    8,057

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Well, I guess that their first priority is the mechanical aspects of attractions so that they are running well. After that the other ambiance adding items come in.

    I do feel that Disneyland is lacking in the upkeep department compared to its earlier years, but I guess with the 50th they wanted to keep as much open as possible ... so some of this stuff fell to the wayside. I'm hoping that now with the 50th over they will get on this ... as it is they are closing quite a few rides for refurbs.


  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    Well, I guess that their first priority is the mechanical aspects of attractions so that they are running well. After that the other ambiance adding items come in.

    I do feel that Disneyland is lacking in the upkeep department compared to its earlier years, but I guess with the 50th they wanted to keep as much open as possible ... so some of this stuff fell to the wayside. I'm hoping that now with the 50th over they will get on this ... as it is they are closing quite a few rides for refurbs.
    as long as they continue to do the refurbs/repairs properly and not relapse back to the pressler/harris/eisner error...I mean era.

  7. #7

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,185
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Yup. But don't feel too bad. WDW has more of those than DL does.
    You said it
    I can back from WDW and see a lot stuff need fix
    One bad thing I see is the tree house.
    Wire rope for the water cup broken and dry rote all over and tree breaking and crack over.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

  8. #8

    • YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,386

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    upkeep and repairs must be done on a more regular basis. it shouldnt fall upon us guests(and shareholders-many of us, like me are both) to point out problems like these. this should be the responsibility of the cast members and cast leads.

    I AGREE!!! one thing i dont agree with is that there SHOULDN'T be ANYONE needing to point out problems...they should be fixed so often that the park continuously looks good and no need for thigs like that to come to anyones mind, even the CMs...but it would be understandable if its only once in a while


    SUPPORT THE CMs


    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

  9. #9

    • It's all about Theme!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    upkeep and repairs must be done on a more regular basis. it shouldnt fall upon us guests(and shareholders-many of us, like me are both) to point out problems like these. this should be the responsibility of the cast members and cast leads.
    The problem is that all that wanting to upkeep the park was eroded when Pressler came in! It's going to take time for people to care again!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

    And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    The problem is that all that wanting to upkeep the park was eroded when Pressler came in! It's going to take time for people to care again!
    I think that the time to care again is now. lets not let history repeat itself. if something needs to be repaired, repainted, replaced(lightbulbs, glass, etc), do it now, not later. if an attraction is not working properly shut it down and repair/refurbish it.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Pole, CA
    Posts
    751

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Well, at least a good number of attractions are slated for refurbishment in the coming months. The following take place, (not including the Haunted Mansion and iasw holiday removals). Dumbo goes down for over a week. The Mark Twain for a few a days. Gadgets GoCoaster goes down for around a week. Splash Mountain is slated for a monster rehab and has been discussed elsewhere, and then Mr. Toad in Feb. will get a rehab that lasts over a month. So all those guys should be in good shape for Spring.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

  12. #12

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,662

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    I AGREE!!! one thing i dont agree with is that there SHOULDN'T be ANYONE needing to point out problems...they should be fixed so often that the park continuously looks good and no need for thigs like that to come to anyones mind, even the CMs...but it would be understandable if its only once in a while
    I hate to state the obvious, but even if the place was kept up like you say here, there would be someone pointing out something insignificant or irrelevant. Which is usually the case anyway...

  13. #13

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,060

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I hate to state the obvious, but even if the place was kept up like you say here, there would be someone pointing out something insignificant or irrelevant. Which is usually the case anyway...
    Excellent point. People generally have very high standards as it applies to others. I believe it to be impractical and unrealistic to expect the employees to have the same exceedingly high-standards as the paying guests. What do all our workplaces look like? Disney does a good job, for the most part, maintaining realistic standards, I feel.

  14. #14

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    My thought is this. The public is considered a 'guest'. So, that said, if you have 'guest' in your house, don't you try to make sure that everything is picked up and nicely set and the place is vacuumed and such? Sure, the unexpected visitor may drop in, but there is no unexpected vistors at Disneyland.

  15. #15

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,060

    Re: neglected items during refurbishments---needs to be addressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    My thought is this. The public is considered a 'guest'. So, that said, if you have 'guest' in your house, don't you try to make sure that everything is picked up and nicely set and the place is vacuumed and such? Sure, the unexpected visitor may drop in, but there is no unexpected vistors at Disneyland.
    You may feel differently if you had 40,000 guests per day, 365 days a year come to your house. That's a lot of vacuuming. Striving for perfection is admirable, but expecting it is unreasonable. They do a good job, overall. Give 'em a break.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wii Storage finally addressed!
    By justjohn in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 12:55 AM
  2. [Question] Refurbishments Help!
    By JerrodDRagon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 09:54 PM
  3. Most Neglected Land
    By FinalAdventure in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
  4. Refurbishments
    By Walt Jr. in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 11:01 PM
  5. Disneyland Refurbishments
    By Disneyland RR Guy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •