View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of possibly changing the direction the PeopleMover travels?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 16.22%
  • No

19 25.68%
  • Unsure

13 17.57%
  • I don't care.

30 40.54%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Changing The Direction The PeopleMover Runs...

Okay, so I've been thinking lately about the "possible" new upcoming PeopleMover ride and the differences that it's going to have compared to the original...

How would you feel if the direction the PeopleMover ran was reversed? Instead of going towards Space Mountain and Star Tours first, what if it started going through Buzz first? This way Space Mountain could be a big finale!

Just a thought...what do you guys think?

...Joe...

Re: Changing The Direction The PeopleMover Runs...

If it wasn't excessively expensive to do, I'd be all for it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Space Mountain wouldn't be the finale... it would be Star Tours. But while I voted "no", it's kind of a non-issue for me until they actually put a ride up there. If they change the direction, I won't complain.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

NAH - why mess with something that ain't broken - oh wait - they already did and now we have the remnants of Tomrrowland 98.

• Hooterville, USA

They changed the Monorail with no complaints, why not the Peoplemover.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

There may have been good reasons for it to go the way it went; without a very compelling reason to change that I say leave it going the same direction.

As stated earlier though, if they change it I won't complain
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Don't particularly care. Disney is not going to change the direction, though. As it stands, there's already enough complaints from hardcore Disney fanatics about the PeopleMover being repaced by the Incredibles-based "PodMovers".
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-15-2006 at 02:23 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I would be in favor of the monorail traveling in the opposite direction, if such a thing would at all be possible and if Tomorrowland Station was replaced by one in the Main Entry Plaza. With the PeopleMover, though, the direction isn't as important. However, the parts of the course passengers used to experience first probably establish Tomorrowland better than the area above the Autopia might, although Disney should fix this problem, also.

In any form, I just want my PeopleMover back.

not sure what you mean by space mountain being the big finale.

although the peoplemover track hugs the space mountain building, there is no open views into the mountain. The mountain is completely sealed off from the track. So basically the peoplemover track in that area would just be a long corridor with little room for anykind of show scene unless it involved lighting effects only. Even then the tunnel is not very wide.

Also the last tunnel that the peoplemover goes thru is the star tours building tunnel.

I think the best thing for the peoplemover track is what someone once mentioned.

If the track was ever converted into an incredibles themed attraction there are many possibilities of what can be done to some areas of the track.

Someone on another board mentioned one that was quite interesting and could turn a once quite boring trip around the land into a family "D" or "E" ticket.

This person suggested adding another mountain to Disneylands mountain range. One that compliments the sub lagoons rock caverns and not overpower the matterhorns height.

The poster suggested taking advantage of the unused motorboat cruise area to create a new entrance and queue for the peoplemover tracks. the tracks interwine in that area similiar to the autopia tracks and Monorail.

A slight reconfirguration of the autopia tracks would open up enough space for a new vocanic mounrtain with plenty of landscaping around it. People would board the Incredipods at a certain point outisde the mountain and then the vehicle would do its loop around the area and head over to tomorrowland. ALong the way you would encounter several show scenes including one that involves people joining a superhero training academy. (again the vehicles could be made to have interactive elements not necessaryly guns like buzz but panels like mission space that help you predict an outcome) the second to last show scene before leaving tomorrowland would have you see a demonstration of the superhero costume facility (like ednas scene in the movie) before leaving tomorrowland there is an interuption over the speaker advising all available superheros to report to a certain destination. At this point the vehicle picks up some speed and head striaght to what looks like a volcanoe directly into a waterfall. The wtaerfall parts open and the vehicle enters the mountain. Within the mountain riders encounter a villian which is controlling this giant AA robot that is shooting lazers at you and surrounding area causing boulders to brake eruptions to happen and other explosive effects. Finally as you defeat the robot people here a countdown and the hideout is about to self destruct the incredipod escapes the hideout before its too late.

• It's all about Theme!

It is sooo fine the way it is!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Changing The Direction The PeopleMover Runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    It is sooo fine the way it is!
    The way it is, it doesn't go in either direction at all.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

IF and as you can tell that is a big if, the Peoplemover were to ever come back it should stay the same direction, but change the load area. I love the idea of putting it in the upper level of Starcade. They could really do a lot with that space....get rid of the video games put in a bit of history of transpo of Tomorrowland (yes like they did for the Rocket Rods) down stairs and open up the upper level to make it a large load/unload area.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Space Mountain wouldn't be the finale... it would be Star Tours. But while I voted "no", it's kind of a non-issue for me until they actually put a ride up there. If they change the direction, I won't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    not sure what you mean by space mountain being the big finale.

although the peoplemover track hugs the space mountain building, there is no open views into the mountain. The mountain is completely sealed off from the track. So basically the peoplemover track in that area would just be a long corridor with little room for anykind of show scene unless it involved lighting effects only. Even then the tunnel is not very wide.

Also the last tunnel that the peoplemover goes thru is the star tours building tunnel...
    Yeah, Star Tours is what I meant to type...heck if I know why I typed Space Mountain.

And as for the windows, couldn't they just be reopened? It's not like they ruined the feel of Space Mountain before. I don't ever remember seeing one of the PeopleMover vehicles while riding the older version of SM.

...Joe...

• Koubu Pilot

After the PeopleMover left the current Innoventions building, it went down a long downgrade (long compared to the other grade changing sections of track). Reversing direction means having to negotiate that. What are the chances that the new vehicles will be able to go up that? The breakdowns would only remind us of Rocket Rods and make the fans of Rocket Rods miss them even more ^_~

• a wind to shake the stars

I would be fine with that. It doesn't really matter either way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast